PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Ron Brace disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone (or someones) should've been fired - or had his GM duties revoked - for the 2004, '06, '07 & '08 disasters, and for drafting Brace instead of Connor Barwin.

Remember teh movie Goodfellas? "You get out of line, you get whacked."

Simple as that. Make a super bad pick, just egregiously bad, and you're gone.

Someone (or someones) should've been fired - or had his GM duties revoked - for the 2004, '06, '07 & '08 disasters, and for drafting Brace instead of Connor Barwin.

Typical Drivel from the Captain. Why don't you please go find and "support" a new Team? You would be happier and so would we.

Any draft that produces two Probowlers, in Meriwether, and Welker, and a HOF player, in Moss, is a not just a very good, but exceptionally excellent Draft. Fired ? That deserved a Promotion, which is what Dimitroff got at Atlanta, and Pioli at KC.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not going anywhere.

Stomper Meriweather a "Pro Bowler"? That's an effin joke. PB selection is barely more legit than a popularity contest, and even then, a couple of other AFC Safeties had to drop out before the non-tackling machine was chosen.

Wes Welker was NOT DRAFTED, and neither was the Ratio. I am referring to the draft picks, and the draft picks only. Acquiring veterans for draft picks DOES NOT COUNT towards evaluating the Pats' success AT DRAFTING. M'kay?

The ratio. Not sure who that is. Or why he's called the ratio.

Stephen Neal? Wright? Green-ellis? Guyton?

The ratio. Not sure who that is. Or why he's called the ratio.

Stephen Neal? Wright? Green-ellis? Guyton?

He was referring to Brother Randy Moss, subject of the infamous "Randy Ratio", a phrase introduced into the lexicon when some adventurous fool got the silly notion that Mike Tice knew how to coach a professional FootBall team...

Last edited:

Stomper Meriweather a "Pro Bowler"? That's an effin joke. PB selection is barely more legit than a popularity contest, and even then, a couple of other AFC Safeties had to drop out before the non-tackling machine was chosen.

Wes Welker was NOT DRAFTED, and neither was the Ratio. I am referring to the draft picks, and the draft picks only. Acquiring veterans for draft picks DOES NOT COUNT towards evaluating the Pats' success AT DRAFTING. M'kay?

I don't particularly care how you try and rationalize it. Fact is, if you're going to be intellectually honest, then draft picks traded for players must factor into the overall evaluation of the draft. You referred to the 2007 draft as a disaster, when in reality it produced Meriweather, Moss, and Welker, or three of the best players on the team. In sum: your argument sucks.

But I realize this sort of thing conflicts with your Patriot bashing agenda, so I'll continue to let you bleet and whine to your heart's content. M'kay?

Last edited:

I understand not counting players traded for draft picks. After all, a FA signing is acquired for NO draft picks. So that is quite the draft value then, isn't it?

If you acquire a Moss for a 4th and get him cheaply, then I think there's something to be said for that....on the other hand Starks for a 3rd kind of negates it. But if you trade a pick for a high priced player...then that's not really value if you could have gotten him or a similar one anyway on the FA market.

And you're right, Stomper blows as many plays as he makes; he's not PB material.

Last edited:
Fact is looking back 07 was one of the weakest drafts this decade and the Pats walked away from it with 3 very good players not too many teams can match that.

"Stomper". That's pretty pathetic. If that is what you call him, what ridiculous nicknames do you have for other players? "Eye Gouger" or "QB Knee Slayer" Wilfork? "Cheater" Belichick? "Traffic Officer Killer" Moss? Maybe "Sh!t Talker" Welker or "Pregnant Women Ditcher" Brady?

You sensationalist, self righteous, Felger/Borges wannabe pieces of garbage make me ashamed to be a Pats fan sometimes. You're no better than the Jet fans whom troll every internet message board and bring up every single thing a Patriot has ever done wrong. Just go f*cking cheer for a team that won't make you b!tch, moan, and complain every day of your God Forsaken lives.

"Stomper". That's pretty pathetic. If that is what you call him, what ridiculous nicknames do you have for other players? "Eye Gouger" or "QB Knee Slayer" Wilfork? "Cheater" Belichick? "Traffic Officer Killer" Moss? Maybe "Sh!t Talker" Welker or "Pregnant Women Ditcher" Brady?

You sensationalist, self righteous, Felger/Borges wannabe pieces of garbage make me ashamed to be a Pats fan sometimes. You're no better than the Jet fans whom troll every internet message board and bring up every single thing a Patriot has ever done wrong. Just go f*cking cheer for a team that won't make you b!tch, moan, and complain every day of your God Forsaken lives.

He is a stomper. And you're way out of line. "Pieces of garbage"? You're a piece of garbage. You're the one coming up with nickames. You're excrement.

I think you need to change the setting on your Smilie.

I think you need to change the setting on your Smilie.

although less than eloquent, blackglass makes a valid point.

if sanchez did what brady did, you'd all be all over his cap

as for brace, man does he stink

I gotta say, "Godforsaken" is not an epithet that I hear everyday. Someone was really pi**ed-off there.

Also, what does Jorge Luis Borges have to do with football? I mean, I can sorta see how he ties into the "Godforsaken" thing, but beyond that . . .

can we finally bury the ron brace turd in the litter box?

time to cut him loose.......he can't help

I thought Ron Brace played very well against the run last season but he's a bust because he can't stay on the field.

I thought Ron Brace played very well against the run last season but he's a bust because he can't stay on the field.

that and its a pass-happy league

the team is trying to be faster on defense......he is not capable of being a part of that.......

Brace and Butler are both Hindenburg level disasters. "Oh the humanity!", as they crash and burn. It is sickening as to what could have been.

Don't see Brace making the team, just isn't mobile enough for an attacking 4-3. No matter what anyone says. Goal line stand DT maybe.

Brace and Butler are both Hindenburg level disasters. "Oh the humanity!", as they crash and burn. It is sickening as to what could have been.

Don't see Brace making the team, just isn't mobile enough for an attacking 4-3. No matter what anyone says. Goal line stand DT maybe.

Maybe if Brace could ever get on the football field, the 4-3 would suit him better as he could play a more attacking style.

I think Butler has a world of talent, but he really struggles to put it all together and make plays.

You lead the board in bad threads ... no ... not bad ... horrible.

I'll stand up for Fred. He posts much worse under his other posting name: "Commodore Rock".

Brace either gets PUPed, IRed or waived. There's no way he makes the 53 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes