PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Replaceables

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be blunt. I trust belichick. I do NOT expect that he plans to try to compete with our set of WR's. I wouldn't be surprised if 2-3 vets are brought in, one by trade.

If I learned anything in the past two years when out of nowhere he took a chance on Coleman, Gordon and then the AB circus last year is that anything is on the table and the only constant seems to be finding value.

Unfortunately value can initially masquerade as a big money contract (e.g. Gilmore) so really anything is possible. From standing pat to trading for a big name WR from a team trying to unload assets to get below the shrinking cap. Exciting times.

I couldn't post this in the Rohrwasser thread so I'll put it here. I hope he turns out to be Vinatieri part 2. I was ready to cut him after missing a kick in KC.
Remember too...

@luuked, I appreciate your efforts and energy with regard to personnel, on the Pats and elsewhere.
I'm delighted there are people like you who have, spend, and enjoy time to invest in that much research. But I'm not lazy for not doing so, or for saying out loud, "I'd sure like a better WR than Meyers on the roster."

Nobody is asking for scouting reports or list of available players. But I think expecting something a little bit less vague than "i am sure there is someone better somewhere" is not really a tough ask. Are you thinking trade ? Signing a free agent vets ? Some kind of direction.. otherwise it is impossible to actually understand where you are coming from when you say upgrade.

I'll be blunt. I trust belichick. I do NOT expect that he plans to try to compete with our set of WR's. I wouldn't be surprised if 2-3 vets are brought in, one by trade.
Then why aren't they here already?

I remember that game. Bledsoe brought us back with a chance to tie with a field goal and “miss”ateri let us down! I think parcels was going to cut him them, but didn’t, and the rest is history.

Anything is possible, but Rohrwasser turning into a legitimate kicker would be a long shot!
I agree...(btw, the Vinitraitor's miss in KC would've won the game for Mr Pumped n Jacked)

Soooo, he didn’t bring in AB, DT, Harry, Sanu, Inman, (Gordon- 2nd round tender placed; thus securing his services until he flamed out again)?....it damn sure wasn’t from lack of trying.

That's the thing that certain people ignore. That BB DID try to bring in players to succeed. For a variety of reasons (injury/attitude/inability to learn playbook) things didn't pan out. It's hard to trash management when they bring in the talent that was brought in only to have them self-destruct or get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes