PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Recruiting Thread.

Yea one of my guys said he's well spoken, smart kid. I always look at interviews or try to see/hear people speak.

Wilson is a good get for you guys. He's got a great feel for the game already. I feel like I can spot the differences between kids that have been coached up, have experience in camp. He's got a nice presence about him when it comes to playing the WR & the ball. Lightening quick.

23 class as a whole looks pretty good.
You see more of Toney or Harvin in Wilson? I see cuts like Toney but the explosiveness of Harvin. I also love that his dad played for the Pats.

You see more of Toney or Harvin in Wilson? I see cuts like Toney but the explosiveness of Harvin. I also love that his dad played for the Pats.
Rn I see more Toney bc of the quick twitch but I haven't seen a ton. Could definitely see more Harvin once he adds a few lbs.

4* OT Lucas Simmons commits to FSU over Florida, USC, and Tennessee. Mountain out of Stockholm - 6’7”, 305lbs. Norvell now has himself a top 20 class, though that could still obviously change as the 2023 recruiting season moves on.

No tape on YouTube just yet, so here’s a live reaction from the WarChant.com team:

Something interesting to consider - with Cristobal in Miami and Napier in Florida, does it hurt Alabama’s ability to recruit in the state? They were previously dominating SoFla and the IMG schools. Mullen never landed an IMG talent before and Napier hauled one in as one of his first recruits. The early returns say that Bama is getting hurt in the state of Florida.

@BaconGrundleCandy I guess it’s just going to be the two of us contributing, lol. I’m good with that, I guess.

Dylan Lonergan’s commitment is coming in just over an hour. Final schools are Bama, South Carolina, Florida, Stanford, and OSU. Steve Witfong predicts Alabama. #9 QB in the 2023 class.

@BaconGrundleCandy I guess it’s just going to be the two of us contributing, lol. I’m good with that, I guess.

Dylan Lonergan’s commitment is coming in just over an hour. Final schools are Bama, South Carolina, Florida, Stanford, and OSU. Steve Witfong predicts Alabama. #9 QB in the 2023 class.

Bama really hauled in two top-10 quarterbacks in the 2023 class.

1657570930913.png

lol must be nice.

They've had a hell of a run at the QB position that doesn't happen often. Could have at worst three top 15 QB drafted consecutively lol
It’s ****ing silly, dude.

It’s ****ing silly, dude.
I can tell you they're not done. Comfortable but not satisfied yet. Was told to keep an eye on Vizzina and another big name. Bama didn't go hard after either but I guess they're not completely satisfied.

Also Perry Thompson is causing smiles in Tuscaloosa. Same school as Juilo and has same potential freak build.

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if they make a push for another QB as crazy as that might sound.

LSU added some major weapons on offense. 4* athlete JoJo Stone and 4* RB Kaleb Jackson. LSU vaults back into the top 10.

Not any good overhead/all-22 videos of JoJo Stone. The best is what I have found below. Guessing Kelly will use him as an X, Y, and Z as well as out of the backfield. Reminds of a mixture of Harvin and Austin. Won’t blow you away with his top end speed, but he’s deceptively quick and explosive in and out of cuts.

Kaleb Jackson is the 247 composite’s 6th ranked RB. Absolutely explosive back who also ran track in HS. Verified time of 10.66 seconds in a 100 meter dash. One cut and go back who can get to the second level in a hurry. I’m guessing he will have a ton of 20+ touchdown rumbles in his highlight reel when he enters the league. Kid’s going to be a stud.

The U keeps rolling. 4* LB PoPo Aguirre commits to Miami.

Got some catching up to do…

#2 LB in the 2023 class, Troy Bowles committed to Georgia yesterday. Aggressive, downhill ILB who hits like a Mack truck.

4* TE, and two-sport athlete (basketball), Jelani Thurman commits to OSU. He’s one to watch. 6’6”, 230lbs out of HS. He will be a monster in the red zone. I expect him to be the top TE in the draft when declares in a few years (with the exception of injury). His catch radius is silly.

4* LB Lewis Carter commits to Oklahoma. Venables and his staff are enjoying an excellent recruiting season thus far. Split time between safety and LB in HS. Monster of a hitter, but needs some work on his tackling fundamentals.

4* WR Jaden Greathouse commits to Notre Dame. The #17 WR in the nation and another two sport athlete, Greathouse projects as a possession receiver at the college level. If he adds some bulk to his frame, I can easily see him making the transition to TE. He reminds me a lot of Michael Thomas when he came out of HS.

4* RB Dylan Smothers committed to Oklahoma. The #7 RB in the nation. Looks to continue the line of one cut and go halfbacks of recent Oklahoma lore. I see a lot of runs on his highlight tapes where his OL did him zero favors and he still made something happen.

4* LB Tony Rojas commits to Penn State. PSU now has a top 10 class in 2023. Great combo of size, speed, and length but he has trouble getting off of blocks. A couple of years in a major workout program should help him.

Defense Only highlights

Top 50 2023 recruit and 4* WR Aiden Mizell sets his top 3 schools: Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee. He has a crystal ball prediction to Florida on 247, but Steve Witfong has not weighed in yet. His commitment date is set for 7/29.

Tennessee has been recruiting up a storm under Josh Heupel.

4* DT Jah Jarrett has committed to Georgia. 6’5” 365lbs coming out of HS. :oops:

There’s rumors that Keon keely will flip from ND to Bama and that Peyton Bowen will flip from from ND to A and M.

This would really put a large dent in Notre Dames awesome class

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back