The Official 'Trade Brady' Debate Thread - Do Not Start Another One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
This is going here for one reason and one reason only. I understand there are some who want to speculate, even though most of these same people were ready to kick Cassel out in favor of O'Connell in week 3 yet now they feel he should be a good replacement for Brady. There are also some who just want to trade Brady for the sake of seeing what the Pats would do with two #1 Picks. I get it. I don't agree with it, but I get it.

However THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD TO DO IT IN. Please keep them in THIS thread. Do not post NEW threads on this, there have been plenty of them as it is. If you post another one, it will get deleted. If you repeatedly attempt to post multiple ones, you will be penalized.

Also, keep the personal attacks to a minimum. By posting in this thread you realize that odds are pretty good that people are going to respond passionately and will likely be irritated. Needless to say keep it good natured, or again, you will be penalized.

Last edited:
Re: The Official Trade Brady Thread

Trade Brady? Hah! It is to laugh.....

:rofl:

we still have kyle brady?????????

or is this a cleveland brown thread?

Thanks Ian. It really is sad that you even need to create a thread like this. Who in their right mind would trade Brady?

What could they get for him? He is injured and had some complications after the surgery. Just asking.

I say let's do it ! BUT, when was the last time this stiff won anything ?
Could we get anything for him ?
After all he is a system QB.

What could they get for him? He is injured and had some complications after the surgery. Just asking.

At least two first round picks, easy. I wouldn't trade him for less than two firsts and two seconds and then I wouldn't trade him. He is still the best player in football. By February he will be able to workout for a team.

This thread should get moved to the Practice Squad!!

;)

But seriously, this is not like Brady vs. Bledsoe. Brady is the best man for the job and should be on top for a long long time.

That's what she said.

I don't want Brady traded, he is my favorite player ever. He is still in his prime and has at least 4 amazing years still left in him. He is an icon, the face and soul of the Pats, and you know he's going to come back from injury with a killer season.

That being said, if someone offered us three #1 upper-half picks for Brady, I would have to think about it.

you should re-name this thread.

I just can't deal with reading all of them. I can deal with 2, and that's it. You can't stop those who feel the need to even approach that subject, but you can try and stop the madness by containing this discussion in one thread instead of the six I merged into the other one. - Ian

Good call, Ian.

As I've said before, any good business organization will entertain all the offers that come in, but they won't put Brady "on the block".

Points to consider:
  • Cassel could keep growing or could completely crap his gitch the rest of the season. It might be good for us to think how the coach is thinking: How do we beat the Steelers?

• A Patriots Jersey bearing #12 is an emblem of the dynasty. I'm 32 and it's not as old as so many here seem to think, even in Football terms. If Brady comes back and plays the same (or better with the rest and conditioning) and extends the dynasty, we'll all have fond memories of Matt Cassel and that's it.

• If something goes wrong with Tom between now and next year, Matt will be the guy. He has proven to match the system well and with four years in it, he's the obvious choice to extend the dynasty if Brady can't return to form. You and I will find these things out WAY after the people making the decisions do.

• Matt Cassel is the QB of the 2008 Patriots, and he's turning out to be a blast to watch. We keep forgetting that this team is proving, without a doubt, that there is much more to Bill and The Patriots winning ways than Tom Brady. Enjoy it. Put those two back together next year, especially with a few nice draft picks and the Dynasty will move into the next decade with a vengeance.

Have a tea, take a walk, and know that we can't control a darned thing. Let's watch the masters work. Gonna be a blast. It doesn't hurt your fanhood to root for Matt and the patchwork Patriots one little bit.

Last edited:

I say let's do it ! BUT, when was the last time this stiff won anything ?
Could we get anything for him ?
After all he is a system QB.

yes, thats true, and when people use this argument, they make it seem like anyone could be thrown in the system and win...if thats the case. Straight up trade, brady for me...you guys agree? I'll play for 20,000 a year...just think of the cap space.

I expect Brady to be our quarterback for at least the next four years at which time my daughter will be old enough to become Mrs Tom Brady (or his mistress, if that's what he prefers).

The only scenario where you entertain this is Cassel continues to perform at this level and put up Brady 2007 numbers. He continues this into the playoffs, going on the road and soundly defeating teams, even though his defense is giving up points.

He then goes on to face the very same Giants team in the Super Bowl and is able to carve up their defense and win MVP.

*IF* this exact scenario unfolds, then you can start talking about the *possibility* of trading Brady and keeping Cassel.

I expect Brady to be our quarterback for at least the next four years at which time my daughter will be old enough to become Mrs Tom Brady (or his mistress, if that's what he prefers).

Not sure if he needs a mistress........

21868812-giselle_bundchen.jpg

HO HO HO......my god......

Cassel's done great for us, but Brady is irreplaceable.

Forget the numbers he put up last year, the clutch performances, all the wins and the Super Bowls. Everytime I see him walk out onto the field and the look in his eyes, I feel like there's no way the Pats are going to lose this game.

If we do make the playoffs, that is where we are going to see the true dropoff from Brady to Cassel. Hope I'm wrong but it's most likely.

Good job Ian.

There is no reason to trade Brady at this point. Cassel has not proved that he is close to that level, and he has an incredibly long way to go. You just can't do it.

I am not in favor of trading Brady, but consider the Hershel Walker trade to
Minnesota. What could we get for Brady??????

The Walker trade
Minnesota Vikings Received:RB Herschel Walker
Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)
San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)
Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)
Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys Received:LB Jesse Solomon
LB David Howard
CB Issiac Holt
RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)
DE Alex Stewart
Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) They traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft (Emmitt Smith)
Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)
Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)
Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11) (Pat Harlow)
Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Darryll Lewis)
Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)
Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)
Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)

What could we get from the 49ers for Brady????
To San Francisco
Tom Brady
Laurence Maroney
Patriots 6th round pick in 2008
Patriots 7th round pick in 2008
Patriots 6th round pick in 2009
Patriots 7th round pick in 2009
Patriots 6th round pick in 2010
Patriots 7th round pick in 2010

To the Patriots
Patrick Willis
Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
SF 1st round pick in 2008
SF 2nd round pick in 2008
SF 1st round pick in 2009
SF 2nd round pick in 2009
SF 1st round pick in 2010
SF 2nd round pick in 2010

Crazy?????

Brady is a far better player than Hershel Walker.

Last edited:
  • Ha Ha
Reactions: TBR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes