PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL PatsFans draftniks 2014 NFL Draft thread***

It's my first draft here, there will be an official play-by-play thread or is it gonna be here?
Get ready for some serious meltdowns. It gets pretty sad. Sure, there are a lot of good posts, but you gotta wade through some serious crap to find them. It is kinda like a game day thread with 10x the drama.

Oh hell, wasn't going to do one but a quick final mock. No trades, and some of these picks might come as part of a trade back (or trade up) but this is my (not particularly well thought through) prediction.

Rnd 1 Deonne Bucannon
Rnd 2 Troy Niklas
Rnd 3 Will Sutton
Rnd 4 Christian Kirksey
Rnd 4 Wesley Johnson
Rnd 6 Keith Wenning
Rnd 6 Kevin Pamphile
Rnd 7 Marion Grice

Priority FA

Kenny Guiton
Nikita Whitlock
Aiden Darby
Tyler Starr
Colton Underwood
Damian Copeland
Jordan Najvar

Speculation on twitter that the Broncos will trade up for Bortles. Yes please!

This speculation started because of this from Peter King:

7. I think there’s a team with a very good veteran quarterback in his 30s that loves Blake Bortles. Just loves him. And if Bortles somehow falls into the twenties, this team is going to try to trade for a pick to get him.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/08/2014-nfl-draft-peter-king/

Whilst it makes sense that it's the Broncos because Manning is closer to the end than Brady, just bear in mind that BB worked Bortles out personally. It's not completely out of the question that it's us.

Based on King's quote, that could be a ton of teams.

Roethlisberger, Rivers, both Mannings, Brady, Brees, Cutler, McCown, Schaub.

Granted, most people are thinking it's Broncos or Patriots due to Peyton and Brady being the closest to 40.

Whilst it makes sense that it's the Broncos because Manning is closer to the end than Brady, just bear in mind that BB worked Bortles out personally. It's not completely out of the question that it's us.

With Brady bringing his alter ego Fashionista Faux Hawk Pee Wee Herman out into the public consciousness this week, I believe the "replace Brady" timetable accelerated by two years this week. Whispers began when Brady bathed his locker in velvet.....and now the "outing."

Random thought: How in the <insert expletive here> are the Houston Texans drafting #1 overall? That just doesn't seem right.

Looks like Kony Ealy had a pre-draft visit with us according to Adam Caplan of ESPN which is something I hadn't heard before.

One last mock draft:

Trade Mallet to Texans for 3rd and 4th rounders 65 101
Trade back with Vikings from 29 to 40, 96, 148

40 Joel Bitonio, OG, Nevada
56 Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
65 DaQuan Jones DT Penn State
93 Andre Williams, RB, Boston College
96 C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
101 Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
130 Arthur Lynch, TE, Georgia
140 Ed Reynolds, S, Stanford
148 Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia
198 Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
206 Lorenzo Taliaferro, RB, Coastal Carolina
244 John Urschel, G, Penn State

If they take Clowney, I think it's with an eye towards trading him within the hour. Otherwise, I think they'll take Mack there.
I agree that Mack is a much, much better fit and choice for HOU.

Last edited:
Can't link from my phone very easily, but Reiss says he doesn't expect the Pats to draft Fiedorowicz or Niklas, citing vague reports. That'd mess up a lot of mocks here.

Can't link from my phone very easily, but Reiss says he doesn't expect the Pats to draft Fiedorowicz or Niklas, citing vague reports. That'd mess up a lot of mocks here.

So long as it means ASJ and not Amaro then I'm fine having my mocks messed up.

Today it is good to remember not to panic. The one who keeps the cooler heads tends to win draft day.

Just don't panic. panic is... Panic PANIC PANIC!!!!! CLOWNEY! TRADE ALL THE PICKS FOR CLOWNEY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BB?!?!? NO! CLOWNEY IS GONE! GOOD BYE SUPERBOWL...UNLESS WE GET MACK! GO GET MACK BB; GIVE UP 4 1ST ROUND PICKS IF YOU HAVE TO!

Based on King's quote, that could be a ton of teams.

Roethlisberger, Rivers, both Mannings, Brady, Brees, Cutler, McCown, Schaub.

Granted, most people are thinking it's Broncos or Patriots due to Peyton and Brady being the closest to 40.

Also, cutler, mcnown and Schaub are not very good quarterbacks. That pretty much leaves the broncos, patriots and saints, giants and steelers

this day just isnt going by quick enough. knew i should of taken the day off.

ill stick to this thread...

I sincerely hope it's not. I think Bortles is completely overrated. Though it would be funny to watch the main forum go up in flames if the Pats drafted a QB in the first, if it's not Bridgwater, I'd rather see them use the pick elsewhere.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back