PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL PatsFans draftniks 2014 NFL Draft thread***

Today it is good to remember not to panic. The one who keeps the cooler heads tends to win draft day.

Just don't panic. panic is... Panic PANIC PANIC!!!!! CLOWNEY! TRADE ALL THE PICKS FOR CLOWNEY WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BB?!?!? NO! CLOWNEY IS GONE! GOOD BYE SUPERBOWL...UNLESS WE GET MACK! GO GET MACK BB; GIVE UP 4 1ST ROUND PICKS IF YOU HAVE TO!
panic.gif

3. I think you can take it to the bank that Khalil Mack will not get past the Oakland Raiders.

I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your career. My condolences.

I sincerely hope it's not. I think Bortles is completely overrated. Though it would be funny to watch the main forum go up in flames if the Pats drafted a QB in the first, if it's not Bridgwater, I'd rather see them use the pick elsewhere.

Im on board with Bridgewater at 29. thats just too much value to pass up. I do that in a heartbeat.

So how long will it take Houston to select Clowney? I mean I can not believe they have not received most teams best offer by this point. They will wait 8 minutes just to screw with us and waste our time though before announcing what happens.

So how long will it take Houston to select Clowney? I mean I can not believe they have not received most teams best offer by this point. They will wait 8 minutes just to screw with us and waste our time though before announcing what happens.

Think of the outcry if they did that and then picked Carr.

Yep. And in their place, we'd all do the same.

8 minutes of national attention and chatter focused on your team exclusively. Who would jump the gun?

So long as it means ASJ and not Amaro then I'm fine having my mocks messed up.
Yup. We don't want Amaro. Niklas and Fiedorowitz may not be close to being worth drafting where they will be drafted. The conclusion? Draft ASJ!

Yup. We don't want Amaro. Niklas and Fiedorowitz may not be close to being worth drafting where they will be drafted. The conclusion? Draft ASJ!

I look at the tape and understand the excitement. Then I read report after report of him having a bad attitude, rejecting hard coaching, etc. Is everybody discounting all of that?

I look at the tape and understand the excitement. Then I read report after report of him having a bad attitude, rejecting hard coaching, etc. Is everybody discounting all of that?

He seems like a nice enough kid. This is a decent interview he gives. Basically saying he just wants to win.

Also a must read article on ASJ if you're interested in him http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2...ins-strives-to-seize-day-after-reckless-night

He is my binky this draft. I reallllly want him. Having him and Gronk in the red zone? Jeebus.

It is not a matter of discounting character rumors. If we draft ASJ, I would expect that Belichick and staff have satisfied themselves on these issues. There are issues with all four TE's that we are discussing. Somehow, I think that the patriots can deal with a previous and potential bad attitude better than a lack of talent.

Lol. Charlie Casserly on NFL Network talking about Reggie Roby, Jake Amaro and Terry Bridgewater. How hard is it?

It is not a matter of discounting character rumors. If we draft ASJ, I would expect that Belichick and staff have satisfied themselves on these issues. There are issues with all four TE's that we are discussing. Somehow, I think that the patriots can deal with a previous and potential bad attitude better than a lack of talent.

this. We aren't present for any of the interviews and are giving credence to third hand commentary from unnamed sources. Unless there's obvious definitive evidence (Lyerla for example), we should probably ignore character smears and because we just don't have enough evidence.

Lol. Charlie Casserly on NFL Network talking about Reggie Roby, Jake Amaro and Terry Bridgewater. How hard is it?

Flaccid, I guess would be the best word for it. Charlie just doesn't do it for me. Plus he's wrong more often than the weather man.

The reports have to be worse than just someone saying he has a bad attitude to really make him drop. He did have the DWI but that's not uncommon, especially for people in their 20's and imo he is well worth the risk at #29. The upside is so good and if he pans out it is likely to be a home run choice. Huge need, huge talent, i say go for it if he is still there.

this. We aren't present for any of the interviews and are giving credence to third hand commentary from unnamed sources. Unless there's obvious definitive evidence (Lyerla for example), we should probably ignore character smears and because we just don't have enough evidence.

Where i think you pay attention to them are if they are on record, e.g..Lyerla, or if the evidence can be found on tape, i.e..."He's not a hard worker" and you see him taking numerous plays off while watching the tapes. I don't give much credence to takes like "surly" or :arrogant" etc... but i do for "doesn't play to the whistle," no motor, "quits on plays..."

The reports have to be worse than just someone saying he has a bad attitude to really make him drop. He did have the DWI but that's not uncommon, especially for people in their 20's and imo he is well worth the risk at #29. The upside is so good and if he pans out it is likely to be a home run choice. Huge need, huge talent, i say go for it if he is still there.

FWIW it's not about the DWI:

"I wouldn't say he's a bad kid," said one scout for a team in the market for a TE. "But I would say that he probably will be hostile at times to coaches. He's going to have a hard time with authority figures because he's never been around them his whole life. Very, very abrasive at times when you criticize him."
"He's big and really has soft hands but he's lazy as heck," a third scout said. "Even in the pregame of the game I went to he was just going through the motions.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ends-b99258025z1-257423561.html#ixzz319gKLcHU

“He’s more overrated and a bigger pain in the (butt) than the other guy,” the personnel man said....“There’s great size, but he’s a little lazy,”

http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2014/03/eckel_three_men_love_nfl_draft.html

It is not a matter of discounting character rumors. If we draft ASJ, I would expect that Belichick and staff have satisfied themselves on these issues.

So...if the Patriots pick him, then I will have wanted the Patriots to have picked him?
dizzy.gif

Where does that leave us in terms of deciding whether we WANT the Patriots to draft him?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back