PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL PatsFans draftniks 2014 NFL Draft thread***

I can't believe it's FINALLY time for the draft! Now I just gotta stay up all night to see it.

I can't believe it's FINALLY time for the draft! Now I just gotta stay up all night to see it.
I stayed up all night last year to watch the Pats trade down and out while I cursed at my TV because Elam was still there. But I'm off tomorrow so I can stay up all night, drink whiskey, and watch the Pats trade out without having to worry about working tomorrow. :)

Dont worry they wont trade out this year :D

I've really struggled these last few weeks to keep my interest up. Thank goodness we're finally here. These are going to be three really interesting days with lots of twists and turns.

And I can't wait for round 8. That's a really exciting and frantic time, this time with lots of potentially good players.

I've really struggled these last few weeks to keep my interest up. Thank goodness we're finally here. These are going to be three really interesting days with lots of twists and turns.

And I can't wait for round 8. That's a really exciting and frantic time, this time with lots of potentially good players.

Yup! All of these underclassmen declaring makes UDFA that much more fun. And when you're the team with the most success with UDFAs you tend to get the pick of the litter.

It's my first draft here, there will be an official play-by-play thread or is it gonna be here?

I stayed up all night last year to watch the Pats trade down and out while I cursed at my TV because Elam was still there. But I'm off tomorrow so I can stay up all night, drink whiskey, and watch the Pats trade out without having to worry about working tomorrow. :)

Well, I'm taking tomorrow off, but the draft starts at 2 a.m. over here. I could probably just wake up early in time for the Patriots pick but then I'm going miss a the build up.

The main reason it's such a rare scenario is the rookie cap. IIRC you get the cap you get, regardless of post-drafting trades. So the team trading up is left short of cash to cover its whole rookie class.

This is true, but trading a high first rounder for a high first rounder will be of minimal impact.

Well, I'm taking tomorrow off, but the draft starts at 2 a.m. over here. I could probably just wake up early in time for the Patriots pick but then I'm going miss a the build up.

I have all three days off. Sad I know, but it means I can just relax and enjoy it.

It's my first draft here, there will be an official play-by-play thread or is it gonna be here?

I suspect that there will be a more active 'game day' thread in the main forum.

Mallett trade tonight please.

Hope for Clowney - Mack - Watkins as 1-2-3 just to see what happens at 4 and 5 ;)

Albert Breer is reporting that the Texans want a 1,2,3 this year and a one next year for the number one pick. If I was in the top 10, I'd be tempted by that.

Mallett trade tonight please.
Will never happen. If Mallett is traded it will be after Training Camp and pre-season, if/when BB is satisfied that he has another viable backup on the roster and a team can pay with a future pick.

If we can't get Ryan Shazier and we can't trade down, then I really hope that it's ASJ or Tuitt with Jimmie Ward being my binky pick. Hageman, Dee Ford and Bucannon would be my next three preferences.

1am start over here, expecting to wait up until gone 4am again just for the Pats to trade away the pick!

Ideal draft: 4 QBs, 7 WRs, 8 OL, Ebron, Clowney & Mack are all picked before the Pats are up.

There's going to be two of them. One will be a more even keeled one in this thread, the other will be an "all hell breaks loose, **** hits the fan" thread in the main forum where both CL's and homers (a lot of which have admitted to not watching college football much) will either make the guy we pick out to be a bum or to be an instant hall of famer. I suspect that I'll gravitate between both.

Speculation on twitter that the Broncos will trade up for Bortles. Yes please!

Speculation on twitter that the Broncos will trade up for Bortles. Yes please!
I highly doubt that. But it would be great if they did.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back