PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Lions Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions and insightful observations regarding today's 2014 week 12 game vs the Detroit Lions. Please do not start other threads concerning or during today's game as they will be merged or deleted.

Game time is 1 PM ET at Gillette and will be televised on FOX.

Please read Ian's thread, which is a sticky, week regarding conduct on the game thread. Please act accordingly if you want to be around for future games. :cool:http://www.patsfans.com/new-england.../threads/new-thread-requirement-read.1112402/

Today weather is suppose to be in the low 50's with no other weather related factors.

Let's hope for a good game, with no injuries, and a Patriots victory.

The Lions have a very good defense and are really good against the run. I would not be surprised if the Patriots come out spreading the field, playing fast, and using short passes to wear now the Lions DL. But BB will probably do something the total opposite of what I think.:cool:

Last edited:
Also, looks like Gray will get the same treatment as Ayers a few weeks back and will not start because of the missed practice:

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/536520189182246915

allen-iverson-practice.jpg

Have to get rid of the ball fast, this is type of defense Brady struggles against, accuracy is the word of the day for me. On the other hand I can see them slowing down to make sure protection packages are well established before the snap.

Well Pats won't be winning this one by 20+ points. Warner predicted the Pats would win by 20.

I'd start Dobson today; spread em out with Dobson, LaFell, Edelman & Gronk with Vereen in the backfield and go up tempo no huddle with a lot of short stuff.

My first thought about this game was: "I hope the announcers don't quote an obscure statistic during play that costs us the game." LOL

That said, I think that Pats roll. And I think our run game proves surprisingly effective against the Lions.

The Loins have a very good defense and are really good against the run. I would not be surprised if the Patriots come out spreading the field, playing fast, and using short passes to wear now the Lions DL. But BB will probably do something the total opposite of what I think.:cool:

Uh oh, I didn't know we were playing them today... Now I'm terrified...

Ready for another nice solid win.

Pats inactives: Dobson, Chandler Jones, Easley, Butler, Devey, J. White, Fleming

A few good players inactive today for both teams.

This is going to be a very good game kinda suprised it did not get flexed to a 4oclcok game.

This is going to be a very good game kinda suprised it did not get flexed to a 4oclcok game.

FOX doesn't have the national doubleheader this week so it never had a chance to be flexed to 4pm. It was either SNF or 1PM and NBC was never going to flex out of a Cowboys game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes