PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs 49'ers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Patriots didn't deserve it tonight, but what the hell were the refs looking at with all the holding penalties on the Patriots on the kick return game?

I mean, how the hell do they think James got all the way to the Patriots 35? I counted 3 holds on that run alone!!

I can't remember the last time the Pats successfully converted an onside kick. Worst kick possible there.

I give it to the Pats for coming back, but it is disheartening that they choked in the end.

Tough to see them lose after that comeback but with Gronk coming back soon I feel confident in this teams ability to beat anyone.

Even though they lost, hard to feel bad about this one. Brady threw nearly 400 yards in the second half. Pats can win in houston and denver. This team's got heart. Going to get revenge on these guys in louisana.

Man I'm not really sure how I feel about this game. Horrible First half but they fought tooth and nail to come back in the second. So close and so far. Props to SanFran they are a really great team. Seeing them tonight I'd probably put them at #1 in the league.

tough loss. the weather played a huge role in the game and all the unorthodox fumbles and turnovers by the pats and the ST f ups, we're the downfall of this game. Still think the Pats are a superior team to the 49'ers and any other team in the NFL. Tonight showed the mental toughness of this team and even if we miss out on a bye I'm confident we can and will go on the road and win in the playoffs.

You just do not win games when you turn it over 4 times - but they made it interesting

We played like a losing team. Defense again giving up at the worst time.

Are you serious? A team that plays like a losing team doesn't score 28 unanswered points to tie up a game. I'm crushed like everyone else that they ended up coming up short, but if you believe that's how a losing team plays, you're absolutely delusional.

It's situational football. As ugly as the first half was, they came just short of redeeming themselves at the end. And before you sh!!t too badly on the D, remember it was 4 consecutive 3 and outs they forced that allowed this situation in the first place.

Super disappointed but proud of my team for their resilience.

Re: Patriots now the #3 seed

The last two games will basically not even matter now with Denver's schedule...

Let's get healthy but we still need to stay focused. Props to Tom. Hell of a come back.

BB please fix special teams.

yep.....we will have to go to denver if we win the 1st playoff game...don't like playing there due to for some odd reason...brady sucks there

post game thread please ,mods...so all the girls can have a good cry

Well, great game for football fans. As a Patriots fan I feel good about this team going toward the playoffs. Tough mentally and physically. Get healthy, get Gronk back, stomp a couple of Fla teams.

Go Browns!

Beck - Loser - YouTube

1283306.dfe6be48.560.jpg

We need a discussion about Ridley. The last five weeks he has been awful, minus 4th quarter gaping hole runs that make his stats look decent. I think Woodhead should start at RB.

An ugly game to be sure. Next up take care of business in Jaxville next Sunday. Then take care of Miami. Maybe we get a by, maybe we don't.
I like the mental make up of this team and even though they played poorly today, they can beat anyone, especially when we get Gronk back.

My thanks to all the fans at the game that stuck it out until the end.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kaepernick comes out the closet as the first openly gay NFL player. I'm dead serious. Couldn't stand this ugly mutt before this game and understandably I can't stand him even more after. He probably has 30 dudes back in San Fran ready to play all night. He's known to them as the San Francisco 69er.

Ban this guy immediately please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back