PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll probably draft a mascot next

I'm sure Ventrone's nervous...

I'm sure after being cut 23 times last season, his stomach lining is so rotted out that he is pretty much immune to ulcers.

Ebner is an elite special teamer who just loves the kickoff and mauling opposition players... LOVE HIM ALREADY!

What a feel-good pick.

Word is they are going to try and draft both Grimace and Mayor McCheese in the 7th.

Mayor McCheese fits in perfectly with what the Pats do from a leadership standpoint.

Don't see us taking Grimace at all.

So, what's with all these ST aces and gunners? At any rate, he was a walk-on and I'm beginning to like his narrative. Long shot but hope he sticks.

Ebner entered OSU's Pro Day as an afterthought -- if that -- to NFL scouts. But after he ran 40-yard dash times of 4.47 and 4.48 and posted a vertical jump of 39 inches, scouts scrambled around the Woody Hayes facility to find out more information about Ebner.

Ebner is listed as a safety, but he saw exactly three plays at that position last year. (Those three plays included a sack, he's proud to note.) But NFL teams are always looking for special-teams players late in the draft or as free agents, and Ebner revels in that role.

In 2008, Ebner's father, Jeff, was killed at his auto-salvage business in Springfield during a robbery attempt. Nate had discussed with his father trying to become a walk-on. After his father's death, he decided to pursue it.

“My dad made me who I am today,” Ebner said. “Without him, I don't know how I'd be like. I look back on everything I do in my life on a day-to-day basis, and it's impossible to not to think about him.”

The Patriots are trying to tap into the previously unexplored Aussie TV market.

Ebner kicked a long penalty through the uprights. He may back up Gost just in case.

Rugby players, by the way, are not tougher than NFL players, since the beating one takes isn't nearly as brutal, but they are much better form tacklers. Rugby requires it. In rugby, you don't try to pummel your guy and take yourself out of the play. You form tackle and pop right back up again and pursue the ball.

So essentially the Pats traded Green Bay Casey Hayward and Terrel Manning for Jake Bequeete, Nate Ebner, and two 7ths... barf.

Ebner is an elite special teamer who just loves the kickoff and mauling opposition players... LOVE HIM ALREADY!

Nate Ebner = NATHAN DRAKE !!!!! That's it we cannot be stopped now :rocker:

Patriots Twitter site asks this trivia question:

Ebner is the 2nd player on the current Patriots roster who did not play football in high school - can you name the other?

Since no player available is making this team as anything other than a Special Teamer not sure why people are up in arms about picking someone who is just that. Anyone who can't play special teams at a high level is a wasted draft pick since he'll just get cut.
Based on his Pro-day numbers and watching those rugby highlights I assume he'll be a gunner, and maybe even get a shot at returning kicks? Rugby would mean he must have good hands, and his speed and agility looks good as well.

So, what's with all these ST aces and gunners? At any rate, he was a walk-on and I'm beginning to like his narrative. Long shot but hope he sticks.

Belichick's decided that special teams are the future, and he's looking for 53 guys to play them. He'll be announcing the cuts of Brady and Wilfork later today.

Word has it that Connolly's job is safe.

This. reading War room, who you replace on a roster is a key constituent for the Pats in putting together a grade. If they don't think you'll replace anyone on the roster, you probably don't get on the draft board at all.

Then why did the Pats trade down to get extra picks? I'm sure they could have picked someone at 48 and 63 who would make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes