PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official New Years Six/CFP Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me neither. I have no rooting interest. I was never a big believer in OSU but am in Dobbins. He's unreal.

The plays you mention were big ones

Oh, I forgot one:
The targeting call in #24 (trying to sack a 6’6” QB) resulted in a 25yard swing and OSU losing a future NFL first round talent DB.

These big running QBs put their head down and it’s a no-win for smaller DB’s:
You either get embarrassed, get penalized for going low, or get penalized for going high. (Of course, I’m exaggerating)

Oh, I forgot one:
The targeting call in #24 (trying to sack a 6’6” QB) resulted in a 25yard swing and OSU losing a future NFL first round talent DB.

You either get embarrassed, get penalized for going low, or get penalized for going high. (Of course, I’m exaggerating)

Yeah, they should be allowed to tackle with their helmet, instead of their shoulders or arms.

Oh, I forgot one:

Targeting seemed like a reactionary call. I can see helmet to helmet and the yards penalized bur ejecting Wade seemed like a bit much. Whatever

Oh, I forgot one:

It’s the correct call to make by the letter of the rule, but it’s a ridiculous rule in the first place. If the guy getting hit (Lawrence in this case) lowers his center of gravity, and thus his head, and absorbs a head blow, the guy delivering the hit shouldn’t be thrown out of the game. I think if they’re going to have a targeting rule, it should be enforced on hits like the cheap shot in the OU/LSU game.

We'd need to go 0-16. Some other team is going to tank so hard to get a generational QB.
Who’s the front runners to do so?

Not sure. We can be sure, however, that it won’t be Miami. I sincerely hope that Burrow goes on to have a nice NFL career with Cincy. Miami played their way out of him but at least they’ll have those four nice wins in 2019 to look back on while Burrow lights it up with another team.

Not sure. We can be sure, however, that it won’t be Miami. I sincerely hope that Burrow goes on to have a nice NFL career with Cincy. Miami played their way out of him but at least they’ll have those four nice wins in 2019 to look back on while Burrow lights it up with another team.
People laughed at me for saying Fitzy would win them games. Guy will always have a few moments of brilliance.

If you are running at a QB, pretty hard not to go head first. And if QB drops his head while being sacked ... QB protection is becoming absurd. Ask the Chiefs

The ref said that ward initiated contact with the crown of his helmet and that makes it targeting regardless of anything else.
The real hose job was taking away the scoop and score.

If Lawrence wins the 2019 Championship he surpasses Watson with another season to go.

Rivals bills Lawrence as the best prospect ever.

Yeah so I’m not sure why your saying Dabo never had a QB like this. Not sure anyone really has.

point is Dabo had a great QB with Watson. This is not deniable

Yeah so I’m not sure why your saying Dabo never had a QB like this. Not sure anyone really has.

point is Dabo had a great QB with Watson. This is not deniable
The championship game can't happen fast enough.

Hold tight over there Domer.

I’m a big fan of Joe Burrow.

May he slay the two headed dragon of Pittsburgh and Baltimore for years to come.

Who knows? He would get picked first anytime he declared.

Will he finish his college career or declare early? The earliest he can declare is 2021.

@TommyBrady12 the crowd for the Orange Bowl sounds like a Florida home game. You ready to watch the Cavaliers get spanked?

Lazy throw for the int

Tied just like that... wow

Dolphins are getting Tua still but we'll see how he recovers.

That was actually good coverage for a change by Marco Wilson. Just a better throw/catch.

That ball is out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back