PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Laugh at the Steelers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a catch

This will be a blowout.
I think the Pats win by at least 10. But to say the Steelers match up better tells me you’ve only watched the Wild Card game and this one. They don’t. That’s not even debateable. But I’ll let it go because the mere fact that you’re unwilling to answer those questions tells me that you know where I’m coming from. Defensively they have the pieces to make life hard for Brady. Offensively, without a healthy Fournette, they will give the Pats the game.

The crazy thing is we're not even exploiting a weakness that way since their LBs are quick and damn good, but it's preferable to throwing on Ramsey and Bouye.

Brady had about 100 yards passing against Bouye last year in the playoff game.

Yeah, I know I’ll get some crap for saying this, but I have a hard time envisioning Brandin Cooks making those catches.

I can imagine Bouye defending Brandin Cooks or Rob Gronkowski and Brady spotting the wide open Deion Lewis or Chris Hogan or Danny Amendola. You can only put your secondary in so many places.

Bortles game today was on point with any game Eli had in the 2007 postseason, statistically. He had a better season than Eli had in 2007. But let me ask you these questions, because I’m not sure how many Jags games you have watched this season and would like to gauge your knowledge of them...

1. They can rush the passer with just their front four: yes or no?

2. Their linebackers are smaller but can cover: yes or no?

3. They have two All-Pro outside corners: yes or no?

Agree completely. I think their defense is really talented and the Patriots are going to have to play a really good game to put up 24 + points against them, but their offense is really questionable, and I think they will handle them and get the turnovers to break the game their way.

I think the Pats win by at least 10. But to say the Steelers match up better tells me you’ve only watched the Wild Card game and this one. They don’t. That’s not even debateable. But I’ll let it go because the mere fact that you’re unwilling to answer those questions tells me that you know where I’m coming from. Defensively they have the pieces to make life hard for Brady. Offensively, without a healthy Fournette, they will give the Pats the game.
They are a FAR better matchup for us. Their offense is incapable at this point of competing with us. Our offense is too good to be held down to that level. Sure you can find one game in history where a team with a hit qb who wasn’t a ton better than a currently dysfunctional bortles to try and make a argument but there are years of games that support otherwise.

We would have lost to Pittsburgh a month ago if they didn’t drop a wide open easy 7 yard pass.
We matchup favorably against anyone but Pittsburgh was by far the closest to us in the afc
Jacksonville will not have an easy catch to make to beat us.

Agree completely. I think their defense is really talented and the Patriots are going to have to play a really good game to put up 24 + points against them, but their offense is really questionable, and I think they will handle them and get the turnovers to break the game their way.
Their offense is the major question mark. I think Brady will hit the deck a good bit next week, but they’ll pull away in the second half after an INT or two by Bortles.

They are a FAR better matchup for us. Their offense is incapable at this point of competing with us. Our offense is too good to be held down to that level. Sure you can find one game in history where a team with a hit qb who wasn’t a ton better than a currently dysfunctional bortles to try and make a argument but there are years of games that support otherwise.

We would have lost to Pittsburgh a month ago if they didn’t drop a wide open easy 7 yard pass.
We matchup favorably against anyone but Pittsburgh was by far the closest to us in the afc
Jacksonville will not have an easy catch to make to beat us.
This team would have CRUSHED Pittsburgh and it isn’t even remotely debateable. Bortles, who you are maligning in this very thread, guided the inferior Jaguars to 38 points against that D. Brady, with a full compliment, would have put 45-48 on them and Ben is not the same QB on the road. The Jags present the better coaching staff, the better OL, and the better D by far. They are the better match-up for the Patriots and they’re the reason why you think that the team that somehow was the better match-up in spite of the fact that they routinely get pasted by Brady are sitting home.

anyone got mike mitchells twitter handle? he never RSVP'd for next weeks game.

The Steelers has their seasons ended by Blake Bortles, David Garrard and Tim Tebow.

Woof.
As opposed to Mark Sanchez, Eli (twice), and Flacco (twice)...:eek::(

Pittsburgh is just no good period

1. Couldn’t stop the run
2. Couldn’t stop Blake Bortles (eye roll)
3. Couldn’t run it
4. Can’t pass
5. Terrible on 1st second and third down
6. No defense
7. No offense
8. No coach
9. Fans are *****es
10. Can’t do anything
11. Can’t stop anything even at honme

Suck it

This team would have CRUSHED Pittsburgh and it isn’t even remotely debateable. Bortles, who you are maligning in this very thread, guided the inferior Jaguars to 38 points against that D. Brady, with a full compliment, would have put 45-48 on them and Ben is not the same QB on the road. The Jags present the better coaching staff, the better OL, and the better D by far. They are the better match-up for the Patriots and they’re the reason why you think that the team that somehow was the better match-up in spite of the fact that they routinely get pasted by Brady are sitting home.

I think it would have been a good game V Pitt, but I think NE would win, agree with the rest.

Their offense is the major question mark. I think Brady will hit the deck a good bit next week, but they’ll pull away in the second half after an INT or two by Bortles.
That's kinda how I'm seeing it too.

Conservative 1st 1/2. 10-6 or whatever and 2-3 TDs in the 2nd 1/2 with the D in complete shut down mode.

Jacksonville defense has faced
Jacoby brisset
Jacoby brisset
Tom savage
Tj Yates
Deshone Kiser
Marcus Mariota
Marcus Mariota
Josh McCown
Joe flacco
Andy Dalton

In 10 of their 16 games. They lost 3 of those games.
They allowed 25 ppg in the other 6. One of those 6 was Pittsburgh that was 9 points bringing the average down from 28 to 25 and they allowed 42 to them today.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. This sounds like a telenovela.

A month ago we didn’t CRUSH them we won by the slimmest margin imaginable.

The JAGs have strengths but their qb makes it impossible for them to come to New England and won an afccg. Impossible. At least Pittsburgh had a chance to win a shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes