PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Laugh at the Steelers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should someone start a Laugh or not at the Patriots thread after Gronk's profanity laced and sexually awkward comedy? performance on Showtime last night.

Maybe if the cameras had panned on the screaming women in the audience it would have gone over better for me.

Any chance BB is a little sore this morning after Gronk's performance last night?

Tucked into the end of a season wrap-up by Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette was news that Bell skipped all but the final five minutes of the Saturday walk-through before last week’s loss to the Jaguars.

He also reportedly showed up later than the deadline set by coach Mike Tomlin for game days, as the coach wants players and staff there two hours before kickoff and he ignored that instruction.

Report: Le’Veon Bell skipped nearly all of final walkthrough of season

We still have ours up, and won't take it down until after the AFCC...just like last year...and in January 2015.
Might want to keep it up until after the Superbowl. Then maybe just change out the decorations and put on hearts.

I think you're making yourself part of the problem. I also think that if they fire Tomlin after several failed attempts to lead his team through the AFCCG with a roster this talented, nobody's going to be dumb enough to decide that the problem was his race.

The guy we spent a lot of time wasting oxygen about a couple days back had a dream that people would be judged by the conduct of their character. Failing to coach a team through to the Superbowl despite the enormous talent on their roster is the conduct of Mike Tomlin's character. You don't have to be a racist to think that Tomlin isn't the guy to take that team to the next level.

You are correct that if he's fired, at least one person will be stupid enough to bring up race as part of the reason. I would have liked to have hoped that that one person in 7 billion dumb enough to do so wouldn't have been you though.

I wouldn't call it racist, but you can cold believe that will be the press' narrative, not just 1 isolated opinion. The NFL wants to avoid the racist label at any cost.

You live in the era of no identity and blame.

Kaepernick decided to opt out of his contract with the 49ers, after 3 seasons straight of suckage. Race was a huge talking point.

Gronk goes into a rage, and cheap shots that garbage in Buffalo. The NFL is criticized for being racist for suspending him one game, because according to black members of the press, if Gronk were black he would've got more games. I was livid with the coverage, but I digress.

Some black organization demands the Raiders to be investigated for hiring Jon Gruden, because they did not interview a black man first.

Black members of the press, criticize the league for not having enough black coaches. Same folks criticizing the NFL for giving Jeff Fisher multiple opportunities are the same people defending the fact that Marvin Lewis is still a head coach in Cincinnati.

Mike Tomlin is garbage. Terry Bradshaw questioned his coaching abilities and accurately called him a "cheerleader," for lack of a better term, though I think motivational speaker would've been a more appropriate response, given he's a man. You know the black community did not take his comments lightly. They went crazy, and Bradshaw was labeled "racist" and everything else but a child of God. He, like everybody else in this PC-driven era, apologized for his comments, defends Tomlin more than anyone now, and he walks on eggshells to avoid the "racist" label, like most white folks.

It's petty, insecure, and entitled behavior that allows Tomlin to hold his position. For you to be deaf and blind to this fact is truly mind-blowing, or either shows your ignorance to the inner-workings of the press and non-white communities. If you think there won't be a ton of backlash for Tomlin's firing, especially when statistics back him up, better than our eyes, I don't know what to say.

You may not be looking at the color of his skin, but black folks are certainly looking at it, and so are the liberal "journalists" in the press. You can't handle a black person, a foreigner, a woman, or a homosexual, the way you handle a white man. We are sensitive to everything and require special handling and certain privileges that apparently most of us don't realize we have... white man be damned.

It sucks for all that talk of equality, but it is the truth.

They should fire Tomlin, but they won't, because they don't want to be the racist franchise that fired a black coach because he has a winning record every year, even though the record does not reflect how bad the team has sucked, especially on his part over the past several years.

tomlin has no control, team is a joke

roto:

Impending free agent Le'Veon Bell reportedly missed almost all of the Steelers' final walkthrough the day before last week's Divisional Round loss to the Jaguars.

Additionally, coach Mike Tomlin has told players and coaches to arrive two hours before kickoff for games. Bell (and reportedly one coach) arrived to last Sunday's playoff loss "much later than that," even after skipping all but the final five minutes of Saturday's walkthrough.

I wouldn't call it racist, but you can cold believe that will be the press' narrative, not just 1 isolated opinion. The NFL wants to avoid the racist label at any cost.

You live in the era of no identity and blame.

Kaepernick decided to opt out of his contract with the 49ers, after 3 seasons straight of suckage. Race was a huge talking point.

Gronk goes into a rage, and cheap shots that garbage in Buffalo. The NFL is criticized for being racist for suspending him one game, because according to black members of the press, if Gronk were black he would've got more games. I was livid with the coverage, but I digress.

Some black organization demands the Raiders to be investigated for hiring Jon Gruden, because they did not interview a black man first.

Black members of the press, criticize the league for not having enough black coaches. Same folks criticizing the NFL for giving Jeff Fisher multiple opportunities are the same people defending the fact that Marvin Lewis is still a head coach in Cincinnati.

Mike Tomlin is garbage. Terry Bradshaw questioned his coaching abilities and accurately called him a "cheerleader," for lack of a better term, though I think motivational speaker would've been a more appropriate response, given he's a man. You know the black community did not take his comments lightly. They went crazy, and Bradshaw was labeled "racist" and everything else but a child of God. He, like everybody else in this PC-driven era, apologized for his comments, defends Tomlin more than anyone now, and he walks on eggshells to avoid the "racist" label, like most white folks.

It's petty, insecure, and entitled behavior that allows Tomlin to hold his position. For you to be deaf and blind to this fact is truly mind-blowing, or either shows your ignorance to the inner-workings of the press and non-white communities. If you think there won't be a ton of backlash for Tomlin's firing, especially when statistics back him up, better than our eyes, I don't know what to say.

You may not be looking at the color of his skin, but black folks are certainly looking at it, and so are the liberal "journalists" in the press. You can't handle a black person, a foreigner, a woman, or a homosexual, the way you handle a white man. We are sensitive to everything and require special handling and certain privileges that apparently most of us don't realize we have... white man be damned.

It sucks for all that talk of equality, but it is the truth.

They should fire Tomlin, but they won't, because they don't want to be the racist franchise that fired a black coach because he has a winning record every year, even though the record does not reflect how bad the team has sucked, especially on his part over the past several years.

Disagree that they aren’t firing Tomlin because he’s black and they don’t want to look bad. I agree they should fire him but they won’t because they don’t fire their coach. They have had 3 coaches in almost 50 years, none were fired.

tomlin has no control, team is a joke

roto:

Impending free agent Le'Veon Bell reportedly missed almost all of the Steelers' final walkthrough the day before last week's Divisional Round loss to the Jaguars.

Can someone make a “we gon be ready fo dat ass’ meme with tomlin ‘s face??

You don't fire a coach coming off a 13-3 season unless you're the Chargers (ok, well, 12-4 in their case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back