PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Laugh at the Steelers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Steelers were going to come back in the second half. They probably would have if it weren't for coaching malpractice (e.g. why on Earth do you call for toss sweep plays on 4th and inches when you have a QB the size of Big Ben for a sneak?).

Still, I think it's extraordinary that a young team like the Jags were able to beat the Steelers on the road in the playoffs and that they can't be taken lightly.
The only reason they were even in it is because Ben made three of the absolutely best throws I’ve ever seen him making in his entire career against tight coverage. Smith and Bouye were draped on both Bell and Brown, respectively, but the throw and catch were just better. Throws like that are indefensible. And also the brain dead decision not to let Bryant get behind him at the end of the half by Gibson.

The fact that you changed the argument is verifiable proof.
But no point in going back and forth, we can use the obligatory agree to disagree.

Their idiot fans STILL f'ing talking about "talent" "we have so much talent" blah blah, "by far the most talented team in the NFL" , my GOD no wonder they suck!

I think 3

I think 35-10 roughly Pats
I see a typical tight 1st 1/2 with the good guys pulling away in the 2nd 1/2.

Maybe 28-13, 31-17 something like that.

The only reason they were even in it is because Ben made three of the absolutely best throws I’ve ever seen him making in his entire career against tight coverage. Smith and Bouye were draped on both Bell and Brown, respectively, but the throw and catch were just better. Throws like that are indefensible. And also the brain dead decision not to let Bryant get behind him at the end of the half by Gibson.
3 points I would make. They scored 42, and pooped on TWO 4 down attempts. (They also scored a TD heave on at least one 4th down, maybe two actually) But God.

The third point, is if the Steelers D... could have just made like one other simple stop at some point, or one TD was a FG instead.. nreal.

The fact that you changed the argument is verifiable proof.
But no point in going back and forth, we can use the obligatory agree to disagree.
No, we’re not going to do this today. I in no way changed the argument. My argument was always that they were the better match up than the Steelers citing the defense. Your reading comprehension is either woefully off (unlikely) or you just wanted to argue out of boredom (likely). Either way, you couldn’t argue that so you tossed in the obligatory straw man by trying to argue (hence “change the argument”) that I was saying the Jags would win. Unless you can cite that post, it’s a straw man and the debate was already over. You also can’t answer those three questions that I posed for good reason. Like I said, a white flag over bombed-out rubble. If you want to simply “agree to disagree” then be my guest.

3 points I would make. They scored 42, and pooped on TWO 4 down attempts. (They also scored a TD heave on at least one 4th down, maybe two actually) But God.

The third point, is if the Steelers D... could have just made like one other simple stop at some point, or one TD was a FG instead.. nreal.
The Steelers defense is not good. Especially without Shazier. Brady could have hung 50 on them.

I will say this, 5 TDs , 469 yerds.. 42 Offensive points.. A TD at the end of the half with seconds left... even with the turnovers that should have been more than enough.

I think the Steelers are the joke. They flat out sucked, fell behind 21-0, then turned it on Offensively but it was not enough. The Patriots were once again the reason the Steelers bounce from the playoffs.

Jags already saying they are winning the Super Bowl. Pats will be quiet, then professionally destroy and dismiss the Jags.

For a young team like that, just making the playoffs is a big accomplishment. Beating an experienced team led by a QB with 2 rings on the road is extraordinary and shows that they can't be taken lightly.

For a young team like that, just making the playoffs is a big accomplishment. Beating an experienced team led by a QB with 2 rings on the road is extraordinary and shows that they can't be taken lightly.
Pats going to destroy them. Of course, the Pats can't take them lightly, but I definitely do and will.

No, we’re not going to do this today. I in no way changed the argument. My argument was always that they were the better match up than the Steelers citing the defense. Your reading comprehension is either woefully off (unlikely) or you just wanted to argue out of boredom (likely). Either way, you couldn’t argue that so you tossed in the obligatory straw man by trying to argue (hence “change the argument”) that I was saying the Jags would win. Unless you can cite that post, it’s a straw man and the debate was already over. You also can’t answer those three questions that I posed for good reason. Like I said, a white flag over bombed-out rubble. If you want to simply “agree to disagree” then be my guest.
No.
I said they were a better matchup for us. You argued that bortles was as good as manning in his Sb run.
Then you changed it to a defensive matchup.

The Steelers has us beaten if they held on to a pass. That’s a tough matchup.
The jags won’t come close. End of story.

Felger, I know he's a complete blowhard, but he was pure comedy gold on CSN Postgame, just absolutely ripping into the Steelers. It was truly a great experience watching the show, absolutely loved it!

Pats going to destroy them. Of course, the Pats can't take them lightly, but I definitely do and will.

Patriots are in very good shape right now. It seems like the only things that can derail us is an injury to a key player or something aberrant.

2007-something aberrant-helmet catch.
2011-aberrations (Welker drop, hail mary by Eli to Manningham) and injury (Gronk)

Totally disagree that the Jags are the tougher opponent. The Steelers came within an ass whisker of beating the Pats a month ago. That would have been a smashmouth brutal game right down to the wire that could easily go either way. I think the was a simple case of Tomlin not having the team prepared and they overlooked the Jags which was a big mistake. The Pats will not be overlooking anyone. This is avery similar game to the Titans game and I expect similar results. Blowout.

Jags are an interesting team......held bills to 3 points in 1st playoff game, but only scored 10? then dominated the steelers for the 2nd time this year at Heinz. IMHO, they kicked the steelers ass yesterday, regardless of the score. It will be a tough game next Sunday. The Jags are playing with house money.....

Jags are an interesting team......held bills to 3 points in 1st playoff game, but only scored 10? then dominated the steelers for the 2nd time this year at Heinz. IMHO, they kicked the steelers ass yesterday, regardless of the score. It will be a tough game next Sunday. The Jags are playing with house money.....

I would say if they play a completely mistake free game and have some sucess moving the ball maybe they hang in there and lose 23-17 or something like that. Now if Bortles makes any mistakes or the Pats generate any turnovers it could get ugly. I'm struggling to see how the Jags move the ball. The Pats run D has been stout and their pass rush is also impressive and improving.

Their idiot fans STILL f'ing talking about "talent" "we have so much talent" blah blah, "by far the most talented team in the NFL" , my GOD no wonder they suck!

They do but they are too undisciplined and too much me me me crap

Bortles game today was on point with any game Eli had in the 2007 postseason, statistically. He had a better season than Eli had in 2007. But let me ask you these questions, because I’m not sure how many Jags games you have watched this season and would like to gauge your knowledge of them...

1. They can rush the passer with just their front four: yes or no?

2. Their linebackers are smaller but can cover: yes or no?

3. They have two All-Pro outside corners: yes or no?

Jagoffs have only beat 1 team with a winning record- The Squealers. Tennessee is beeter than the Jags. Over before 4th quarter.

Ben Roethlisberger hesitated for a moment. His eyes quivered with feeling. With trembling lips he placed a wet and gentle kiss on Brown's neck and slowly moved upward. Their mouths met like frenzied swans, parted only by lustful breaths. Brown moaned. He clutched Ben's supple flanks and wrapped about him like a twirling ribbon. He could feel Ben's erection pressed against him. They were going home. Together.
Are you a screenwriter? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick