PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Texans are drafting like a team that won their division and went 14-2. Were drafting like a team in rebuild mode. Take that the way you want because it can be a plus and a minus.

I see it just the opposite.

This is generally considered a weaker draft, but solid on front 7 type players, particularly DL. A solid expectation we all had to upgrade our defense.

And yet, we're into rd. 3, and our only investment on D is a CB/S.

So far, this draft has been a big disappointment, despite the spinning going on here.

Sam Madison just announced that the Patriots selected Chris Canty.

I didn't appreciate that.:(

Shorter thick legs w/ long body
This kid is thick and strong for a DB.

ras-i-dowling1.jpg

I'm glad we are going with taller, more physical CBs. The hobbit era of CBs in NE is over.

3 3rd's!!

I LOVE it!! :rocker:

I'm been saying ALL ALONG that the Value's in the 3rd!!

KILLER!! :D

with whom? Consensus is the 2nd and 3rd round looked pretty weak.

Fair question, sir, and a fine one!!

Consensus, as usual, is WRONG!! :D

~ WB Jordan Cameron ~ HIDEOUSLY dangerous weapon!!

~ CB Curtis Marsh ~ #1 Corner Potential!!

~ DE Kenrick Ellis ~ Super Beast!!

~ TB Taiwan Jones ~ NIGHTMARE!!!

Miami takes a much better RB than NE in Daniel Thomas.

Sigh...This Vereen vs Leshoure/Thomas thing reminds me of what happened with Wheatley vs Terrell Thomas in 2008.

Oh wow would you look at that. Pats take an OL first then the OL run starts. Pats take a CB then the CB run starts. Pats take a RB then the RB run starts. BB > chicken littles.

Oh and BTW Jon Gruden just said the LB group is weak this year.

Not to the same extent, but I get the feeling that, just like in 2007, BB does not like this draft class. Funny thing is, he was right about 2007.

I don't see that. He's taken 3 picks in the first 56. I actually kind of get the feeling that he really likes this draft -- otherwise he'd be trading out of the draft more instead of down. They seem to think they can get good players late; you don't do that last trade unless you really want an extra fifth in this year's draft, for whatever reason.

Sigh...This Vereen vs Leshoure/Thomas thing reminds me of what happened with Wheatley vs Terrell Thomas in 2008.

I have to admit, I liked Thomas over Vereen. Leshoure reminds me more and more of Maroney. Interesting to see how their respect careers play out.

3 3rd's!!

I LOVE it!! :rocker:

I'm been saying ALL ALONG that the Value's in the late 3rd!!

KILLER!! :D

It's killer for sure.
Killing our SB hopes. Quantity never out-performs quality.
Considering where we've been drafting #17, #28, #33 et al I think we've actually lost ground with this draft. Lots of roster filler. Last year was a freak of nature. This draft looks much more the typical BB drafts.
This has been a very disappointing draft.

i have a feeling the Patriots might take mallett in the 3rd

So who's everyones one guy they want now?

Leonard Hankerson at #73 would be epic.

I thought Marcus Gilbert would be a NE Patriot. Hopefully he's a stiff for the Steelers.

Thomas is terrific...as long as his 11 fumbles don't bother you. I'm not too surprised they bothered BB, he's funny that way.

Bailey and Ballard?????? 73,74

It's killer for sure.
Killing our SB hopes. Quantity never out-performs quality.
Considering where we've been drafting #17, #28, #33 et al I think we've actually lost ground with this draft. Lots of roster filler. Last year was a freak of nature. This draft looks much more the typical BB drafts.
This has been a very disappointing draft.

Your lamentations amuse me.
jester.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back