PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way this draft is going down. Like the Dowling pick a bunch. Amazing how well some of the draft board nailed this one so far.

Does this portend the end of Meriweather, in your opinion?

He or Bodden replace Meriweather. Butler is probably okay.

I surprised that if BB was gonna take a DB this early why he passed on Amukamara at 17, obviously the run on tackles factors in to it but I was under the impression that Prince was a pretty special talent

Guess I should change my avatar. Right position but wrong player. Good for you patchick, nice.

SWEET.. we draft another CB in the 2nd round, who comes with injury concerns. I hope he works out better than Whilhite, Wheathley, Butler... and a few others..

I'm really excited about Niko being our OLB this year!

With a more healthy senior season this kid could have been top 20 in the first round. We have drafted 2 solid 1st round picks so far ... naysayers here need to realize they now can be certain they know way less than they think they did.

Last edited:
Not something I didn't expect.....I was seriously asking if we could have got him later or not.
I'm not laughing at you. Its that so Many others including me have said it over the years.

Last edited:
I'm okay with this.... as long as they address the front seven with one of the remaining two picks, at least. Or both of them, that'd be sweet, too.

People go in one direction and say "oh, we need more push from the front 7" discounting the fact that only Leigh Bodden and Devin McCourty are our elite corners. The rest of the rotation is OK to average from what they've shown so far.

If Dowling improves the Patriots coverage ability then it's a super pick for mine. Hardly any of the OLB's are coming off the table and are still sitting there waiting to be chosen.

And alot of people said the same thing after we traded 28. Hopefully Wilkerson or Heyward will be there at 33. Didnt happen.

Awesome! I figured he would be a Patriot, just maybe later.

Gotta love how BB messes with this board. Sso many people wanted a pick at 28, and he traded. Then everyonewaslooking forward to a trade at33, and they make the pick. Classic.

A trade definitely did fall apart. The league officer who handles trade notifications was on the phone when we were on the clock.

Who needs a Front-7 anyway?

I'm offically pissed. We could have had Dowling much later in the 2nd round and could have traded out of the 33rd.

I'm not a fan of this comment... you have no idea how he was rated by other teams. The bills selected a DB right after us how do you know he wasn't the top player on their board also? we just don't know

Did Bodden or McCourty retire without us knowing?

Perhaps you need to realize what many of us already know ...

You know way - way - way less than you think you do.

People go in one direction and say "oh, we need more push from the front 7" discounting the fact that only Leigh Bodden and Devin McCourty are our elite corners. The rest of the rotation is OK to average from what they've shown so far.

If Dowling improves the Patriots coverage ability then it's a super pick for mine. Hardly any of the OLB's are coming off the table and are still sitting there waiting to be chosen.

Still though, any good corner will struggle with a bad pass rush. A good pass rush can make mediocre corners look good(giants 07). Still have to wait out the round, but the next pick you would HAVE to assume would be a pass rusher. Maybe Cunningham makes a big jump like Chung did last year. Hopefully Dowling is the real deal though and they would have 3 very good corners. But pass rush is still a major need.

SWEET.. we draft another CB in the 2nd round, who comes with injury concerns. I hope he works out better than Whilhite, Wheathley, Butler... and a few others..

I'm really excited about Niko being our OLB this year!

Dude chill out... I have a feeling bowers slides a lot here and is available later...

They have 56 and 60

Leshore and 56 please

I hope hes good because we may not have a pass rush again this year.

A year ago, the consensus would have been Dowling over Amukamara.

Smart aggressive player. Team captain. Position surprised me this early. He and McCourty will be exc vs the run. Pass rush will now have xtra time to reach QB due to tighter coverage.

he QB's are falling like spit-fires taking hits from flak cannons.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back