PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 2020 UDFA Signing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This list has a couple of names I haven’t seen yet

@manxman2601 - When I was asking about Zuber and Smith, I was hoping you had draft bios on them,..

Confirming above

Hastings looks like he's 15

A 5-8, 178lb Syracuse WR

Former Syracuse WR Sean Riley signs with Patriots

Riley spent most of the pre-draft process working out at Grossetti Performance in Pittsburgh and sent tape from a mock pro day to NFL teams. He said he ran a 3.99-second short shuttle and 6.41-second L-drill during the workout, both of which would’ve led all receivers at the NFL Scouting Combine. Riley also said he clocked a personal-best 4.42-second 40-yard dash, which would’ve tied for seventh.

That athleticism made Riley a natural fit to be Syracuse’s primary kick return from his freshman season. He led the NCAA in kickoff return yardage that year, taking an ACC single-season record 53 kickoff returns.

Really digging JJ Taylor the more I research him. I wonder if he can stick. I can’t imagine he could be very good in pass protection but I don’t know if that’s quite as important this year. Michel-White-Burkhead-Harris at top, may come down to Bolden vs Taylor. Seems like a good guy in to rotate in.

Former Syracuse WR Sean Riley signs with Patriots

Riley spent most of the pre-draft process working out at Grossetti Performance in Pittsburgh and sent tape from a mock pro day to NFL teams. He said he ran a 3.99-second short shuttle and 6.41-second L-drill during the workout, both of which would’ve led all receivers at the NFL Scouting Combine. Riley also said he clocked a personal-best 4.42-second 40-yard dash, which would’ve tied for seventh.

That athleticism made Riley a natural fit to be Syracuse’s primary kick return from his freshman season. He led the NCAA in kickoff return yardage that year, taking an ACC single-season record 53 kickoff returns.

Wait what? 6.41!!!

Really digging JJ Taylor the more I research him. I wonder if he can stick. I can’t imagine he could be very good in pass protection but I don’t know if that’s quite as important this year. Michel-White-Burkhead-Harris at top, may come down to Bolden vs Taylor. Seems like a good guy in to rotate in.
He’s pretty strong for his size. But yeah he can get bowled over by a pass rush. I can see him as a poor man’s Darren Sproles

So, we'll spend hundreds and hundreds of posts analyzing and discussing UDFA, with one or two likely to make the team.

And we will likely spend relatively little time on the Day 3 additions, from which we likely have more players make the teams.

He's not coming to play football. They signed him to put a platter on his head and use him as a mobile table.

Get JJ Taylor in space and let him do his thing. He’s also not the worse in the pass blocking department either. I’ll try and cut up some tape tomorrow and post it.

Looking at how BB is trying to do things now that Brady's gone, and comparing it to how Licht/Arians are doing it now that Brady is there, is a pretty interesting thing.

And when you add Flores, it gets almost scary in how similar things are going.

Riley looks so much better in highlights than full games. He needs to learn to sell his routes, not just fake and go; his quickness is apparent, but he can't get open against press or if the corner is patient through his first juke. Still, the agility and speed are intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back