PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Can't go on regular IR because he has practiced. But I think it's too early to do as you suggest because a more significant player (starter) may get hurt where they want to use that IR with return option. And I think that the practice disqualified applies there too. Regardless, no decision needs to be made now.

I would assume worst case he can't play real football for 8 weeks due to a broken bone in his hand. If that is the case they could simply keep him on the roster and sit him for 4 weeks. I think he is worth doing that for and if Wilfork/Kelly/Easley/Jones are all good to go I would not mind that being the case.

I would assume worst case he can't play real football for 8 weeks due to a broken bone in his hand. If that is the case they could simply keep him on the roster and sit him for 4 weeks. I think he is worth doing that for and if Wilfork/Kelly/Easley/Jones are all good to go I would not mind that being the case.

If you're really looking for a worst case scenario, you're forgetting nerve damage.

Did anyone else see this?
http://instagram.com/p/rXN-4phmLZ/

If LaFell does stop droping balls and Dobson does take a step forward, my worries about the offense would be almost entirely put to rest

If LaFell does stop droping balls and Dobson does take a step forward, my worries about the offense would be almost entirely put to rest

That is one helluva catch from LaFell.

He has looked much better over the course of the last 5-6 practices from some of the sources that I've read. I would imagine that it takes a few practices to get into the groove of things.

They are apparently concerned enough that they sent him back home for tests.

Only here do you see 3-4 different sources stating that things are "not good," that they "fear the worst," etc and still see people talking about how they can still be playing by the 2nd or 3rd game of the season.

"Just slap a club on his hand, he'll be okay." "How bad can a hand injury be?" LOL

New England Patriots training camp: DT Sealver Siliga heads back to Boston for tests on hand injury, outlook 'not good' | MassLive.com

I've always been of the opinion to give LaFell at least until the the 3rd week of camp to see how he is.

Guy is coming from a completely different system that runs it more than they pass to one of the best passing offenses in the history of the league.

I've always been of the opinion to give LaFell at least until the the 3rd week of camp to see how he is.

Guy is coming from a completely different system that runs it more than they pass to one of the best passing offenses in the history of the league.

In my opinion, he's already appearing to be a better depth option at the position than we've had in some recent TCs of the past. I think we'd be hearing the message loud and clear if he weren't picking things up by now.

It always baffles me that someone can make a catch like that but still get the dropsies. Gotta be a mental thing.
Or simply bad technique that has developed into bad habits on certain more routine catches.

He's actually coming around a lot more quickly than I thought he would. I wasn't expecting to start seeing his name pop up in practices until around the third preseason game or so.

@Patriots: There will be public #PatsCamp practices next Monday (time TBD), Tuesday (2pm) & Wednesday (2pm). Check http://t.co/zqsvAZTswa for updates.

Three straight days off for the team? Looks like no weekend practice.

Only here do you see 3-4 different sources stating that things are "not good," that they "fear the worst," etc and still see people talking about how they can still be playing by the 2nd or 3rd game of the season.

"Just slap a club on his hand, he'll be okay." "How bad can a hand injury be?" LOL

New England Patriots training camp: DT Sealver Siliga heads back to Boston for tests on hand injury, outlook 'not good' | MassLive.com

Only here can people turn "At the moment the team is still not sure what the extent of the hand injury is." into the most catastrophic hand injury ever.

Edit: quoted wrong post

Last edited:
Only here can people turn "At the moment the team is still not sure what the extent of the hand injury is." into the most catastrophic hand injury ever.

Please list all the people who've done that.

He has looked much better over the course of the last 5-6 practices from some of the sources that I've read. I would imagine that it takes a few practices to get into the groove of things.

I think people were making way too much of his struggles in the first week. It is not uncommon for a WR free agent acquisition to struggle in the first few weeks of camp while he gets acclimated playing with his new QB. Not everyone can be Wes Welker who showed up in Patriots camp playing like he had played with Brady for years when he first arrived in 2007.

@Patriots: There will be public #PatsCamp practices next Monday (time TBD), Tuesday (2pm) & Wednesday (2pm). Check http://t.co/zqsvAZTswa for updates.

Three straight days off for the team? Looks like no weekend practice.

I think that is fairly common in the preseason.

My only concern is with the Eagles coming in next week, it makes it nearly impossible for any significant player to come off PUP. No way are they going to throw Dobson or Easely into practice in an intersquad type of deal (at least that is my take). You don't want Carey Williams to take another cheap shot at Dobson on his first day back.

Exactly how they coach it. Touch the thumb, ring finger, and middle finger together in the "that's a good croissant" expression, and balance the tip of the ball. Very tough to defend.

I think people were making way too much of his struggles in the first week. It is not uncommon for a WR free agent acquisition to struggle in the first few weeks of camp while he gets acclimated playing with his new QB. Not everyone can be Wes Welker who showed up in Patriots camp playing like he had played with Brady for years when he first arrived in 2007.

I fully agree with you.

LaFell looks like Clifford Franklin in that instagram:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye