PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The MNF Thread - Colts @ Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I like Maroney, but I think that Addai just runs differently with more aggression. That's what I like about him and it's what I don't see in Maroney "YET". Maybe if the injury bug would leave him alone, we might see that more. I like backs who run hard and with a purpose. It is perplexing to see him dancing in the back field at times. I keep wondering if it's the playcalling, the O-line or Maroney.

There was no need to curse at me either.

Maroney just seems to lack power when running between the tackles. He almost always falls back when hit. Addai always gains at least another yard when hit, it takes like 3 players to drive him back. Another weakness I think Maroney has is that he doesn't really set up the defenders to think he's going one way, so they're always in the gap he hits. I think this is why it often seems like the Oline is screwing up when Maroney runs but there are always holes when Faulk/Morris are in.

i think i missed the injury report....where's that really fast ex-QB Wr. Forgot his name already.

Last edited:
As long as someone acknowledges it!

When did he say that?

on an interview on nfl network. he was asked about he feels when all talk about is about NE. he said this is similar to 2004 when manning got the TD record and everyone was talking about us when NE who were the defending champs were still the team to beat.

Last edited:
Pocket Hercules needs to step up here.

Maroney just seems to lack power when running between the tackles. He almost always falls back when hit. Addai always gains at least another yard when hit, it takes like 3 players to drive him back. Another weakness I think Maroney has is that he doesn't really set up the defenders to think he's going one way, so they're always in the gap he hits. I think this is why it often seems like the Oline is screwing up when Maroney runs but there are always holes when Faulk/Morris are in.

i've never seen Maroney fall back on contact. He was 2nd in league last year in YAC. Maroney slows down when hole is closed and looks to cutback instead of just running through a wall. not his style.

jags are like the average movie with a great trailer

jags are like the average movie with a great trailer

Its the same every year. Lots of hype before a Colts/Jags game and then colts whip them all night.

i've never seen Maroney fall back on contact. He was 2nd in league last year in YAC. Maroney slows down when hole is closed and looks to cutback instead of just running through a wall. not his style.

FWIW if you put Maroney in the open field situation Addai was in earlir this evening, I think Maroney ends up in the end zone.

No matter who the media is talking about, other teams, (players and coaches) know who's good and aren't overlooking/past any other team. This and the Manning/Brady type things are media/fan creations.

Have you even seen Maroney play? He does NOT fall back when hit. I don't understand why he gets so much hate around here. He is averaging 4.7 ypc this year, last year was 4.3 ypc and ended up I think 3rd in YAC.

OMG this game is so over.

Quinn Gray? Who dat? There goes my hope for a good game.

Do the Colts EVER play a team at full strength.....EVER

get ready for the announcing crew to go more off track now if they already arent with the game getting out of hand.

Colts are going to run into a brick wall Nov 4 after playing cupcakes all year long.

I hope the Jags make the playoffs as the n.4 seed, with Pats the number 1 seed. Should be a damn easy playoff win.

Problem with Colt's division, both Titans and Jacksonville have decent defenses but awful to middling passing offenses.

Colts receivers seem to run go routes or come back routes, yet DBs keep giving 10 yard cushions

Again, are there no good DBs anymore in the league?

Those 10 yard cushions also weaken the defense against the run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back