PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'The Malcolm Butler Watch' begins (awaiting results of his Restricted Free Agency)

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you want Belichick to do?

• Let Butler play out the final year of his contract and make an EPIC run for the Super Bowl!

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Work out a trade deal with the Saints in return for drack picks (incl. our #32 pick)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Whatever Belichick thinks is best. He knows something we don't (explain)

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hightower, Gilmore, Cooks, Ealy, Branch, Harmon, Allen and Burkhead. What an offseason the Patriots had so far. All that's left is Butler.

I agree. Unless the Saints are willing to part with their #11 pick, I would want Butler to play out his contract im 2017 under the restricted tender.

Winning a 6th Super Bowl is better than receiving the #32 pick (or any package of picks the Saints might want to offer)

There is more left. Bunch of money to spend. Backup QB to trade. Draft to execute.

Despite what's being rumored, I can't see bill valuing a single draft pick more than one year of having Butler and Gilmore patrol the secondary together on such a stacked team. I'd be ecstatic to keep Butler around, preferably with an extension, and draft Sidney Jones while giving him a full year to recover from his injury. He's a first round talent and, as a growing number of our CBs do, has the last name Jones.

Will Butler have the honor of continuing to play for the GOAT franchise bestowed upon him?

I guess we'll find out.

Let me see, based on my vote I'm supposed to explain what BB knows that I don't.

All I can say is that it's tough to explain those things I don't know...

this is one watch i am so sick of

After HT its win win for Pats, either Butler stays or we get a 1st rounder, if they trade him to saints for only the 32nd......wont feel so good.

"Awaiting results".......................for what?
Did the Saints give Butler's agent a breathalyzer
Is Butler retaking the Wonderlic?
A redo of his combine 40?

Only BB (and perhaps his staff) see all the pieces that are moving or might be moving and how the whole unit will come together. Would we get worse at the CB position if Butler is traded? Pretty much a yes, but we also won a SB with a guy like Earthwind Moreland too.

My position is to trust BB on this and Butler is playing in NE next year (or nowhere) until we hear otherwise.

still have a ton of cap space. wouldn't be surprised to see BB offer butler an extension with a solid signing bonus but low new money per year

Let me see, based on my vote I'm supposed to explain what BB knows that I don't.

All I can say is that it's tough to explain those things I don't know...

Haha, now I feel bad for making have to write an answer you don't really have :D

I'm basically asking whether anyone has a theory of what Bill knows behind-the-scenes and how that could be impacting his decisions regarding Butler (e.g. maybe he sees Cyrus Jones and Eric Rowe progressing more quickly than we do? Maybe he feels Butler has already reached his ceiling and isn't worth top-of-the-market money? Or perhaps there's someone in the draft he envisions becoming a vital piece of our defense, that he wants to draft in Rounds 1 or 2?)

Look at it as an invitation to be creative ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes