PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you watched this offense the last 2 weeks?

They just lost Burkhead.

Gordon plays tomorrow and Edelman plays week 5, Chiefs are week 6

If they don’t the Pats are looking at 1-5 and going for the #1 pick in the draft, which Bill would probably draft a offensive lineman.

This team is not the Patriots of old, their not very good right now.
Fullback, after all he drafted a fullback with the NUMBER NINE pick in 1992

@Hpyed remember Hogan is a #3 circumstance makes him a #1. Dorsett a #4 circumstance makes him a #2. Both are playing two notches over their heads that's why our Offense struggles. Don't even get me started on Patterson the only thing that makes him a acting:rolleyes: WR is his Number.

So far this season Dorsett > Hogan. Which I didn't expect to say.

[QUOTE="Hyped, post: 5390597, member: 2155" I don't see Edelman coming in and suiting up after only 3 days with the team.

I am certain he has been working out and unlike an newcomer we can name, he knows the offense.[/QUOTE]
Plus he played all preseason so it's not likes hes been sitting on his couch for a year. He'll play Thursday, may just get less snaps than he normally would.

There's no way he's inactive again unless his hamstring is still the concern. Doesn't sound like it though.

The current WR corps was pitiful vs Detroit. It'll only look worse vs Miami.
@Tunescribe @Joker This ****in’ guy.

Gordon’s hamstring injury was clearly pretty bad when the Patriots traded for him. The Patriots threatened to renege on the deal and the Browns made the 7th round pick non-conditional. I don’t think (a) the Patriots wanted to publicly threaten to back out of a deal which would hurt their reputation for future trades, or (b) the Browns would have caved like that if they weren’t sure the Patriots would win the battle, at which point they would probably need to cut Gordon because no one else would be interested.

If you look at the reporting, Adam Schefter stated that Gordon would be ready to play last Sunday, but that was before Gordon even reported to the Patriots. In other words, the Browns claimed that Gordon was healthy - with the hamstring injury being very minor - but the Patriots found out unexpectedly it was worse than advertised.

Hoping he’ll play on Sunday.

Gordon’s hamstring injury was clearly pretty bad when the Patriots traded for him. The Patriots threatened to renege on the deal and the Browns made the 7th round pick non-conditional. I don’t think (a) the Patriots wanted to publicly threaten to back out of a deal which would hurt their reputation for future trades, or (b) the Browns would have caved like that if they weren’t sure the Patriots would win the battle, at which point they would probably need to cut Gordon because no one else would be interested.

If you look at the reporting, Adam Schefter stated that Gordon would be ready to play last Sunday, but that was before Gordon even reported to the Patriots. In other words, the Browns claimed that Gordon was healthy - with the hamstring injury being very minor - but the Patriots found out unexpectedly it was worse than advertised.

Hoping he’ll play on Sunday.
Kyrie/Thomas trade deja vu?

There's no way he's inactive again unless his hamstring is still the concern. Doesn't sound like it though. The current WR corps was pitiful vs Detroit. It'll only look worse vs Miami.
Oh, whatsa matter? Trying already to forget the POUNDING your pack of green pukes will receive tomorrow? Go away.

Oh, whatsa matter? Trying already to forget the POUNDING your pack of green pukes will receive tomorrow? Go away.

Sorry Tuney. Been a big fan of Gordon for a while now. Been rostering him for years on fantasy too. I'm in on the Gordon discussions.

Btw, you must be hoping (more than usual) the Jets lose. Can't have them beat the two teams who the Pats lost to right?

Sorry Tuney. Been a big fan of Gordon for a while now. Been rostering him for years on fantasy too. I'm in on the Gordon discussions.

Btw, you must be hoping (more than usual) the Jets lose. Can't have them beat the two teams who the Pats lost to right?

January 12, 2019 - fifty years of feckless futility.:( Signin’ off, bang, bang, kiss, kiss.

Sorry Tuney.
Yes, you are. Very.

Been a big fan of Gordon for a while now. Been rostering him for years on fantasy too.
Yeah, that's really smart -- since he hardly has played in four years.

Btw, you must be hoping (more than usual) the Jets lose.
No, that hope never is "more" or "less."

Can't have them beat the two teams who the Pats lost to right?
I could not care less about such things. Your Jete are incredibly lucky they drew Detroit in that first game. BTW, Cleveland says hi. Say, what's the over/under on when McClown takes over at QB? I'd say by game seven.

Schefter is tweeting his usual late night "scoops".

I wonder if he knows about Gordon's status.

Schefter is tweeting his usual late night "scoops".

I wonder if he knows about Gordon's status.
Has he mentioned anything about it?

Have you watched this offense the last 2 weeks?

They just lost Burkhead.

Gordon plays tomorrow and Edelman plays week 5, Chiefs are week 6

If they don’t the Pats are looking at 1-5 and going for the #1 pick in the draft, which Bill would probably draft a offensive lineman.

This team is not the Patriots of old, their not very good right now.

No question..we need Edelman. On the other habd, Edelman is still coning off a torn ACL and not 100% in football shape..a live game is a different than camp 7 on 7's.

Gordon would be gravy on the top, but hammies are a tricky thing.

We can be competitive without them for now, IMO.

[deleted due to new thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey