PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another FWIW, the guy in Brady’s circle that gave me some insight at the end of Training Camp said itd be more likely we see Gordon in Week 6 so I wouldn’t get your hopes up for Gordon today.

Sucks that jules comes back on a short week but if we can squeeze one out today and take care of Indy at home we’ll be looking at 3-2 with some healthy reinforcements coming back on offense. I’m cautiously optimistic

Another FWIW, the guy in Brady’s circle that gave me some insight at the end of Training Camp said itd be more likely we see Gordon in Week 6 so I wouldn’t get your hopes up for Gordon today.

Sucks that jules comes back on a short week but if we can squeeze one out today and take care of Indy at home we’ll be looking at 3-2 with some healthy reinforcements coming back on offense. I’m cautiously optimistic

Ian Rapoport and these guys disagree this morning...

Sorry Tuney. Been a big fan of Gordon for a while now. Been rostering him for years on fantasy too. I'm in on the Gordon discussions.

Btw, you must be hoping (more than usual) the Jets lose. Can't have them beat the two teams who the Pats lost to right?

After spending all this time here with us I am actually curious if you have not grown to be a bit of a Pats fan yourself.

I’d love for him to be wrong and Gordon plays. He told me that on Friday, so perhaps Gordon has had a couple good days. Need him badly

Absolutely. Kills me as a Jet fan the Pats got Gordon, but that doesn't change the fact Gordon is something special.

My guess is he plays with low expectations from the team. Miami still doubles Gronk and Brady has to look to the WRs. Gordon is the only guy getting separation, so Brady keeps throwing to him. After 9 receptions, 120 yards, and 2 TDs in the first half, Miami adjusts and stops doubling Gronk. Gronk then proceeds to destroy Miami.

I’d love for him to be wrong and Gordon plays. He told me that on Friday, so perhaps Gordon has had a couple good days. Need him badly

It also all depends on what people expect from Gordon. I would not expect anything major -- even if he gets 10-12 snaps -- until after the mini BYE (post Indy). Anything but taking coverages with him in the next two days is a bonus.

So his real debut as a true part of the offense might still be W6.

After spending all this time here with us I am actually curious if you have not grown to be a bit of a Pats fan yourself.

Pats fan? Never. Football fan? Of course. So I have to respect the Pats and their consistent greatness.

I absolutely love Gordon though. So I will be flipping to the Pats game today during commercials (it's being aired here at the same time as the Jet game).

No question..we need Edelman. On the other habd, Edelman is still coning off a torn ACL and not 100% in football shape..a live game is a different than camp 7 on 7's.

Gordon would be gravy on the top, but hammies are a tricky thing.

We can be competitive without them for now, IMO.

What have you seen with this offense that you think they can be competitive without Gordon and Edelman?

Michel is struggling

Offensive line in the running game is struggling

Doubling Gronk

Receivers can’t get open

Burkhead is gone

McDaniels has had a brain fart for the last 2 weeks.

This week and next week are must wins IMO.

What have you seen with this offense that you think they can be competitive without Gordon and Edelman?

Michel is struggling

Doubling Gronk

Receivers can’t get open

Burkhead is gone

Gotta love people who regurgitate the same disproven BS week after week.
The receivers were getting open. Brady was missing them. He missed numerous players open last week.

Michel isn't struggling so much as still getting into shape as he missed all of TC.. but why bother with facts.. Lets go with hysteria instead..

Michel is struggling

Doubling Gronk

Receivers can’t get open

Burkhead is gone

Michel and the OL looked good today. Gronk had some more room because dorsett got open...

Let's goooo!!!

Absolutely. Kills me as a Jet fan the Pats got Gordon, but that doesn't change the fact Gordon is something special.

My guess is he plays with low expectations from the team. Miami still doubles Gronk and Brady has to look to the WRs. Gordon is the only guy getting separation, so Brady keeps throwing to him. After 9 receptions, 120 yards, and 2 TDs in the first half, Miami adjusts and stops doubling Gronk. Gronk then proceeds to destroy Miami.
If the rats had gotten him he'd crash and burn for sure.

Michel is struggling

Doubling Gronk

Receivers can’t get open

Burkhead is gone

Now we know why you're the fat man.. having to eat all those words.

Gordon given a taste of the offense.. 2catches,. No deep throws. Purposeful type of usage... IMO, Since they want him full speed on Thursday. Especially since gronk may be held out (,pure speculation)... Edelman back... Offense should look sharp with Brady getting his binky back.... :p:cool:

How'd he look today?

2 Receptions. Helped open the field for the rest of the receivers. Will be a complimentary piece for the foreseeable future.. Should be helped by the return of Edelman as well.

I think it will be the Pats Bye week before we really see what Gordon has to offer.

The ceiling for JG is very high. All of us are dreaming what this offense could look like in a few months if Gronk,JE,JG and Michel are all healthy and JG can stay clean. That's a lot of ifs. But damn, would be fun if it happens. But with JG, I can't ignore track record. I'm taking it one day at a time with him. Hoping for the best but wouldn't be surprised by the worst. Or the best.

The ceiling for JG is very high. All of us are dreaming what this offense could look like in a few months if Gronk,JE,JG and Michel are all healthy and JG can stay clean. That's a lot of ifs. But damn, would be fun if it happens. But with JG, I can't ignore track record. I'm taking it one day at a time with him. Hoping for the best but wouldn't be surprised by the worst. Or the best.

Quick question .... what’s the damned difference whether you ‘go all in’ with JG or take it one day at a time.....can you give me an example of what tomorrow morning would be like under both circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back