PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jonathan Jones hit wasn't dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been to the bills forum to see them foaming at the mouth over this?

They’re actually suggesting somebody would intentionally knock Allen out of a football game. Is there a defensive coordinator in the NFL who would want Josh a Allen on the sideline? I doubt it

Allen should have been the one getting flagged.

After you’ve had the chance to look at it a few times.....the initial flag will always be on the defender...too fast to assure getting the call right in one instance...it is what it is.....I’m sure you’d have a different opinion of the sides were switched

Anyone been to the bills forum to see them foaming at the mouth over this?

They’re actually suggesting somebody would intentionally knock Allen out of a football game. Is there a defensive coordinator in the NFL who would want Josh a Allen on the sideline? I doubt it

While the Josh Allen hit was being reviewed, I looked up his backup Matt Barkley and was surprised he was still in the league, but also concerned because was a gunslinger in college who has bounced around and seen everything. I thought, God, I hope this guy Allen comes back in. By that point in the game Allen had been bashed around so much, he was looking at the defensive line and literally could only see the trees getting ready to crash in on him. The defense had Allen right where they wanted him. He was turning into a run first QB.

I hope he gets through this concussion. Maybe he won't be so cavalier about heading into a defensive secondary. It's tough watching these young QBs consistently get wiped out, RG3, Bridgewater, Watson, etc. These are boys coming into a man's game with no experience getting hit at this level where every player is an elite athlete.

The funny thing is on the Bills forums they are claiming Fouts is a pro Patriots announcer. I had to scratch my head when I read that comment.

It's a level of derangement over there that's only rivaled by "Bizarro World"

Fans can say what they want about what is or isn't legal but going forward it's a stupid play because the refs are going to throw the flag. Better to risk a few yards than a PF, fine, and ejection.

Accept the reality of the situation and adjust your play. It's just not worth it.

After you’ve had the chance to look at it a few times.....the initial flag will always be on the defender...too fast to assure getting the call right in one instance...it is what it is.....I’m sure you’d have a different opinion of the sides were switched
The 2018 rule makes the runner equally culpable.
Unless you are saying there is a preconceived expectation that the defender is the aggressor, esp when it’s a qb, which I would agree with.

Fans can say what they want about what is or isn't legal but going forward it's a stupid play because the refs are going to throw the flag. Better to risk a few yards than a PF, fine, and ejection.

Accept the reality of the situation and adjust your play. It's just not worth it.
What should he have done?

Weird.
Just reading USA Today and saw headline-

NFL loses credibility with QB hit ruling.

I clicked on the article and found they just reprinted an article from a Rochester NY newspaper.

Hey USA Today how about printing a Globe or Herald story for even coverage.

Bills fans: "You know if it happened to Brady then he'd be ejected"

Has anyone ever actually been ejected/suspended for hitting Brady?

Let's expand it to Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Peyton Manning, the presumed longtime superstar class QBs. Has there ever been a case in which a defensive player was ejected for lighting up a star QB? I can't think of one, but maybe there has been. And two of them were knocked out of seasons from violent hits. (Brady and Rodgers. Manning was more cumulative.)

Lot easier to be objective when it’s not your qb. Trying not to be a homer here but I’m disappointed that Jones is probably going to get a fine for this. It was just unfortunate that Allen turned into the hit going forward for the extra yards. Obvious it wasn’t intentional although you’ll never get a Bills fan to agree as they can’t be objective cuz their infuriated it was their qb.

And all the “if Brady took that hit the player would be ejected is rubbish. Bradys too much of a veteran to put himself in that spot.

I did not have a problem with the hit but I suppose many Patriots fans would think otherwise if this would be Hyde/Poyer hitting Brady.

That being said I had a huge issue with his taunting afterwards. This deserved a flag itself.

That being said I had a huge issue with his taunting afterwards. This deserved a flag itself.

Players celebrate after big plays. If Allen had gotten right up, as normally happens, nobody would have any problem with Jones what he did. Because Allen went night-night, people are acting as if that celebration was a lot more than it was.

The Jenkins hit on Cooks in the SB was at least as bad as the Jones hit and yet I didn't hear anybody saying he should have been ejected. This is purely because he's a Patriot.

Clean hit that resulted in a bad injury. If Gordon got fined $10K for a face mask I assume Jones will be fined despite no fault of his own.

The Jenkins hit on Cooks in the SB was at least as bad as the Jones hit and yet I didn't hear anybody saying he should have been ejected. This is purely because he's a Patriot.

Same with the hit on gronk in that afcc. And if you go watch the YouTube clips, not only are people not condemning the hits, they are actually celebrating them. Pretty much proves The bias there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes