PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets Suck Thread: A Modest Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seacoast Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Ban Jetsfan79 from that thread. He has totally hijacked it far too many times. I'm sick of reading rational discussions of the Jets quarterback situation, draft situation, future plans, etc., etc.
That thread is one of my favorites; it has been since it started. The purpose of that thread is to dump all over the putrid, rotting and bloated green shyt ( channeling my inner Joker here ) that masquerades as a football team . The purpose is not to have a levelheaded discussion about who should start at quarterback for that stinking pile of goo. And yet, virtually every time he posts in that thread, that's what happens. Personally, I think it ruins the thread.
And to add insult to injury, I'm tired of him insulting Joker and Tunescribe when they engage in the very purpose of the thread, namely, dumping all over the said stinking pile of green goo. I personally don't care if people tag me with dislikes but I'd be willing to bet 95% of the dislikes that Tunescribe has gotten in the last year have come from that one poster. I mean at the end of last seasons Jets Suck thread he said that Tunescribe was a bandwagon fan, or words that effect.
I am all for Jetsfan 79 or any other fan of another team posting on this board. I have no problem with him in other threads. But anytime he wants to have a rational discussion about the Jets, he should be required to start a new thread and have at it. (My guess is, a lot of members here would not read that type of thread, which is exactly my point: there are many on this board who don't care about that topic, but it is force-fed to us when we read the Jets suck thread. )
And please don't tell me to put him on ignore. That would not solve the problem from my point of view. I would still get the responses to his posts, and he would still be disliking the hell out of members on this board who I really enjoy reading and who don't deserve that.

I get what you're saying. However, I do sort of have a morbid curiosity with a Jets fan trying to rationalize his team's suckiness. It can be entertaining. A little pathetic, sure, but entertaining too.

I enjoy @JetFan79 contributing to the Jets thread. No offense to the OP, but from what I can see, all rational discussion about the Jets IS to take place in the Jets Suck thread, and I don't see the benefit of him starting individual threads.

Ban Jetsfan79 from that thread. He has totally hijacked it far too many times. I'm sick of reading rational discussions of the Jets quarterback situation, draft situation, future plans, etc., etc.
That thread is one of my favorites; it has been since it started. The purpose of that thread is to dump all over the putrid, rotting and bloated green shyt ( channeling my inner Joker here ) that masquerades as a football team . The purpose is not to have a levelheaded discussion about who should start at quarterback for that stinking pile of goo. And yet, virtually every time he posts in that thread, that's what happens. Personally, I think it ruins the thread.
And to add insult to injury, I'm tired of him insulting Joker and Tunescribe when they engage in the very purpose of the thread, namely, dumping all over the said stinking pile of green goo. I personally don't care if people tag me with dislikes but I'd be willing to bet 95% of the dislikes that Tunescribe has gotten in the last year have come from that one poster. I mean at the end of last seasons Jets Suck thread he said that Tunescribe was a bandwagon fan, or words that effect.
I am all for Jetsfan 79 or any other fan of another team posting on this board. I have no problem with him in other threads. But anytime he wants to have a rational discussion about the Jets, he should be required to start a new thread and have at it. (My guess is, a lot of members here would not read that type of thread, which is exactly my point: there are many on this board who don't care about that topic, but it is force-fed to us when we read the Jets suck thread. )
And please don't tell me to put him on ignore. That would not solve the problem from my point of view. I would still get the responses to his posts, and he would still be disliking the hell out of members on this board who I really enjoy reading and who don't deserve that.

Don't assume. It makes an ass out of you. (That's how the saying goes right?)

Ask a mod to check my "dislike" history. I'm actually sort of curious myslef. I'd be surprised if I have clicked that button more than 5 times since I've been a member. (A supporting member at that. I'm sure you support this board too and Ian just needs to fix the bug that prevents it from showing beneath your name.)

I've hit Tune with a rare "disagree", but again, ask a mod to compare my disagrees of Tune to his of me. I'd guess I've disagreed once to his 30.

Mods, please feel free to call me out if I'm lying.

I'm not sure where you got the idea of me going around disliking and disagreeing but you couldn't be more wrong. And that pretty much kills any shot of me giving two $hits of your opinion. If not for that, I probably would have discussed things with you to help you emotionally.

Maybe we can discuss at some point in the future. Perhaps in the Jets Suck thread? ;)

Btw, Joker and Tune really don't need your help. They're big boys.

Though I do appreciate the shout out. So instead of disliking or disagreeing your post, I made ya a Winner!

Don't assume. It makes an ass out of you. (That's how the saying goes right?)

Ask a mod to check my "dislike" history. I'm actually sort of curious myslef. I'd be surprised if I have clicked that button more than 5 times since I've been a member. (A supporting member at that. I'm sure you support this board too and Ian just needs to fix the bug that prevents it from showing beneath your name.)

I've hit Tune with a rare "disagree", but again, ask a mod to compare my disagrees of Tune to his of me. I'd guess I've disagreed once to his 30.

Mods, please feel free to call me out if I'm lying.

I'm not sure where you got the idea of me going around disliking and disagreeing but you couldn't be more wrong. And that pretty much kills any shot of me giving two $hits of your opinion. If not for that, I probably would have discussed things with you to help you emotionally.

Maybe we can discuss at some point in the future. Perhaps in the Jets Suck thread? ;)

Btw, Joker and Tune really don't need your help. They're big boys.
That's a pretty long response considering you don't care about my opinion. I would've hate to see the length had I hit a nerve.

I enjoy @JetFan79 contributing to the Jets thread. No offense to the OP, but from what I can see, all rational discussion about the Jets IS to take place in the Jets Suck thread, and I don't see the benefit of him starting individual threads.

I second this. I also enjoy @JetFan79 . He is respectful and funny in a self-deprecating way. As the OP acknowledged, there is really nowhere else on the site for him to engage. Though it is fun to bash the Jets, I do like seeing his comments about their blunders, and he does often fill in on details. Now, if there were like 12 Jets fans in the thread all acting defensive and talking trash, that would be different.

Yeah, I don't think you need to save Tune or Joker from anyone and you actually might be stealing a free meal from them.

Also, hijacking a thread is when someone takes it off topic, like getting into politics, a pissing contest with another member, or a topic that should clearly be in a different thread. I wouldn't say that adding additional context and layers is hijacking a thread. Usually people are responding to him because his comments are worth a discussion.

I've gone to a few sites of other teams and was shocked at what ***holes they were, even though I was being really complimentary of their team. There are always a few who said they appreciated my level-headed comments, but many were just d1ckhrads. I like that this board is not like that. I think he takes plenty of playful jabs and insults in stride, and even his responses to uncalled for personal attacks are pretty funny and tame.

I second this. I also enjoy @JetFan79 . He is respectful and funny in a self-deprecating way. As the OP acknowledged, there is really nowhere else on the site for him to engage. Though it is fun to bash the Jets, I do like seeing his comments about their blunders, and he does often fill in on details. Now, if there were like 12 Jets fans in the thread all acting defensive and talking trash, that would be different.

Agreed. Too many Jet fans defending the team in the Jets Suck thread would be bad. Believe it or not, I love that thread and wouldn't purposely hurt it.

But I really don't see my influence alone hurting it much. If at all.

I'll make sure to be conscious of that though. If some dirtbag Jet fans show up and try to ruin that awesome thread... I'll personally take care of 'em.

Agreed. Too many Jet fans defending the team in the Jets Suck thread would be bad. Believe it or not, I love that thread and wouldn't purposely hurt it.

But I really don't see my influence alone hurting it much. If at all.

I'll make sure to be conscious of that though. If some dirtbag Jet fans show up and try to ruin that awesome thread... I'll personally take care of 'em.

And now you're wrecking this thread. My God.

This is like the Steven A. Smith effect. A very loud, public dislike of him by another member has served to make him the board's most well known member, regardless of which side you are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back