PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets Suck Thread: A Modest Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, nobody chooses to be a Jets fan. They are to be pitied more than hated.

And I think if you really hate the Jets, it should be even more enjoyable watching one try to talk themselves into believing Josh McCown is the answer (WTF is the question then???). Or try to forget that Revis contract. Or contemplate using one of their 25 DL to play safety because they have nobody better.

In terms of sheer comedy, a "rational" approach to the dysfunctional Jets is much more amusing and satisfying than the constant angry rants. It means there is still a glint of hope, and it's much more fun to watch that get crushed over and over and over. Nobody cares about Eagles fans, they are so depressing, you can't even mock them because they say way worse about themselves. But Jets fans still believe a bit.

No offense @JetFan79. You're a great sport about it and a very good poster and we know it's not your fault. You're more than welcome here. I'm sorry things turned out this way.

I for one feels that the entire "Jets Suck" thread has run its course a few years ago. I understand the rivalry. I understand that as a Bostonian it is a natural thing to hate EVERY team that hails from NY. I even understand the reason the thread was established. But now I look upon it as overkill. This is like kicking the bully LONG after he's been down. I would like to think that we are better than that.

The fact is that the Jets and this rivalry is currently irrelevant. They have reached a level of suckatude that has, to some respect, killed the rivalry. Or at least to the point where we need to devote a year long thread to the topic.

I hate the Colts, Ravens, Broncos. Dallas, and the Giants, way more than I hate the Jets at this particular moment. The Jets are in such a sad state of affairs, that I would think the best insult to their sorry assed fans would be to NOT to have a thread dedicated to their sorry assed organization. Why even give them the satisfaction of knowing we care enough about them to have a thread dedicated to their worthless team. It would just be another example of how sad and irrelevant their franchise actually has become.

WHEN they eventually do something typically stupid or heinous, an indivual thread would be fine to point out whatever moronic decisiion, behavior, or action, they just committed. Besides it would free @Joker up to unleash his vast creativity on the teams that really deserve his barbs and arrows. ;).
We love to laugh at the Jets, largely due to everything they do being ascribed a totally unwarranted exaggerated importance by virtue of them being in New York.

But many recent games with them have been very close. When real rivals play, you throw the records out.

How's that saying go?....keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. He's not really a troll....and in a way anyone who could follow that team at the very least one loyal self inflicted pain-iac.....and a bit of a sadomasochist to boot.

If the Jets were relevant there would be many more trolling in. Jetfan79 makes me laugh and he probably doesn't know it. I get a kick out of the way he talks about the 2 games the Jets made it and lost in the AFFCG's. He calls those years deep playoff runs. They got 1/2 through the playoffs and to NYJ fans winning 2 of the 4 games (each year) necessary for them to win a championship is a deep run.

The world is just a giant green cupcake. But lets keep him all the way through ring 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes