PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets Suck Thread: A Modest Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my proposal to the Jets. The Pats will sign Revis and Mangold for pennies on the dollar. The Pats will win yet another SB with these two making huge contributions. The Jets will get nothing in return and like it because that will be the closest they get to a Championship.

Don't assume. It makes an ass out of you. (That's how the saying goes right?)

I'd rather talk to rational jets fans than some of the dummies on this board so you got my vote.

Plus I enjoyed the old Jets Insider board a ton. Sure every 3rd reply I was getting told I rooted for a team of cheaters* whose QB pushed Bridgett Moynahan down some stairs to try to make her lose her baby and was actively engaged in a fraudulent enterprise where he was trading signed jerseys for favors in the form of rule breaking by the Dorito Dinks, but it was still fun.

It's not like your presence in the thread makes it impossible to make fun of your team, so I dunno what the OP is on about.

Agreed. Too many Jet fans defending the team in the Jets Suck thread would be bad. Believe it or not, I love that thread and wouldn't purposely hurt it.

But I really don't see my influence alone hurting it much. If at all.

I'll make sure to be conscious of that though. If some dirtbag Jet fans show up and try to ruin that awesome thread... I'll personally take care of 'em.

27011950.jpg

I like @JetFan79 , especually in a jets suck thread, sooner or later, he will be asking ian for a name change, jetssuck79 , hes bound to see the light
He already sees the light. No one knows a team sucks like their own fans even if they'd rather die than admit it

Honestly, I am completely apathetic toward the Jets. I don't even consider the Jets the Pats divisional rival. They're kinda like the Blue Jays to the Red Sox. They're the 3rd tier of rival in the division. I see Miami as the "Traditional" rival of the Red Sox (ala the Yankees for the Red Sox) — Miami has definitely been the second best team in the division over the history of the Patriots, and often for the first half of our existence, the best. The problem is that our entire division has been so poor for so long, it's hard to get my dander up for any of them. In the end, I get more joy out of the suffering of Miami than i do NYJ — they tortured me much more as a kid.

Honestly, I am completely apathetic toward the Jets. I don't even consider the Jets the Pats divisional rival. They're kinda like the Blue Jays to the Red Sox. They're the 3rd tier of rival in the division. I see Miami as the "Traditional" rival of the Red Sox (ala the Yankees for the Red Sox) — Miami has definitely been the second best team in the division over the history of the Patriots, and often for the first half of our existence, the best. The problem is that our entire division has been so poor for so long, it's hard to get my dander up for any of them. In the end, I get more joy out of the suffering of Miami than i do NYJ — they tortured me much more as a kid.
i see the Bills as that team, maybe its because the whole NY thing (i know they play in NJ but NJ is NY dumping ground) Hell I hate the New York Red Bulls and i dont even watch soccer

IMO I'm good with keeping him there. He provides a valuable insight into the misery of Jester fans. He's pinched some nerves here and there but by and large I think he's pretty good - as others have said, respectful but not afraid to mock himself and his team.

I do see where you're coming from though OP. Maybe we can just use the opportunity to ask our "special guest" to simply let us have our fun a little more? There are Jets boards he could go have discussions on, but the fact that he does it here is actually a testament to the relative intelligence of Pats fans vs. J-T-S-E blowhards.

Plus Shula was such a worthless dink, it's not like he was somebody respectable like Landry. You know what Tom would have said?:

"Well, you know, it's kind of brilliant, what they did. I wished I'd thought of it myself, we could have had Mark clear a path for Von Schamann and we might've won it. I tip my hat to them."

IMO I'm good with keeping him there. He provides a valuable insight into the misery of Jester fans. He's pinched some nerves here and there but by and large I think he's pretty good - as others have said, respectful but not afraid to mock himself and his team.

I do see where you're coming from though OP. Maybe we can just use the opportunity to ask our "special guest" to simply let us have our fun a little more? There are Jets boards he could go have discussions on, but the fact that he does it here is actually a testament to the relative intelligence of Pats fans vs. J-T-S-E blowhards.
I think he's a good sport.

More importantly, any real Pats fans knows that while we didn't go through the same extended tough times as the Jets and several other franchises, we had our share of rough times and losing, and yet a lot of us were still great football fans, who appreciated the game and other teams besides our own, too.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight.

Someone wants a Slimy Scum sucking Jets fan banned from a Jets suck thread and it's:
(Just kidding about the Slimy part @JetFan79 ):D
Lets-bring-Peace-and-Love-on-Earth-peace-and-love-revolution-club-27113581-250-245.jpg

But if some mentions a Patriots trip to the White House for a photo op and it's:

Atomic bomb.gif

I hate the jets. Oh yeah, and the bills... Right and the dolphins.

I hate the jets. Oh yeah, and the bills... Right and the dolphins.
I hate the frigging Raiders, Redskins, Giants, Ravens, Broncos, Bears, etc.

I do respect the Green Bay history, though.

Wish Bob Kraft respected our own.

Hey, I've recently come to personally believe that JetFan is kind of an asshat, but his posting history here is pretty good. He wouldn't be at the top of the list of mofos I'd permaban from this place, anyway.

I'm just shocked to hear that the Jets actually have plans

I for one feels that the entire "Jets Suck" thread has run its course a few years ago. I understand the rivalry. I understand that as a Bostonian it is a natural thing to hate EVERY team that hails from NY. I even understand the reason the thread was established. But now I look upon it as overkill. This is like kicking the bully LONG after he's been down. I would like to think that we are better than that.

The fact is that the Jets and this rivalry is currently irrelevant. They have reached a level of suckatude that has, to some respect, killed the rivalry. Or at least to the point where we need to devote a year long thread to the topic.

I hate the Colts, Ravens, Broncos. Dallas, and the Giants, way more than I hate the Jets at this particular moment. The Jets are in such a sad state of affairs, that I would think the best insult to their sorry assed fans would be to NOT to have a thread dedicated to their sorry assed organization. Why even give them the satisfaction of knowing we care enough about them to have a thread dedicated to their worthless team. It would just be another example of how sad and irrelevant their franchise actually has become.

WHEN they eventually do something typically stupid or heinous, an indivual thread would be fine to point out whatever moronic decisiion, behavior, or action, they just committed. Besides it would free @Joker up to unleash his vast creativity on the teams that really deserve his barbs and arrows. ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore