PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Greatest NFL Quarterbacks of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell Wilson is already ranked in the top 15?

wtf%20%282%29.gif

Russell Wilson 11

Aaron Rodgers #6 ahead of #7 Joe Montana

This is the worst list in the history of lists and you should feel ashamed for posting this nonsense here

Elway=overrated

55-10
Like I said before, 56.9% career completion percentage to go with a 300/226 TD to INT ratio. Wow.

In case you needed more, he actually threw MORE interceptions than touchdowns in 4/16 seasons, with another season being even, and 2/16 seasons having only 1 more TD than picks. That’s 7/16 or almost half of his seasons where he had one more TD than interceptions—or worse.

I get it that he was scrappy and gritty. I witnessed all of his seasons, but I simply don’t agree with those who somehow put him in the top 10 QBs of all time. I think that’s ridiculous.

Last edited:
Bradshaw has been underrated his entire professional career including now. It all started with the "he couldn't spell cat even if you spotted him the C and the T" stuff. Funny at the time though. But Bradshaw didn't choke in the big games and was as tough as they come in an era when the the defense could basically maul, mutilate and destroy the QB. He made the big throws when they counted and had a few "Oh that's a catch" moments as well. It's a shame that these young F****ers stare at the stats and think that's the end all be all of the conversation.
I've said it 2000 times. The way to determine the GoATs are which QBs do you want to run your team for a game in which your life depends on it.

Bradshaw is on that list...somewhere.

If nothing else, Staubach was a better passer in absolute terms than Elway, in spite of playing almost entirely in the NFL dead ball era, and he was a arguably a better runner, and he won an equal number of titles, and he was the OG captain comeback. Adjust for era and his passing efficiency destroys Elway's with atomic weapons while everything else is a push but sheer volume. I don't think Staubach had so many multiple interception meltdowns in big games either.

Not sure why so many agree that Elway doesn't belong in top 10 or that Young was better than Montana. Young didn't get into as many games but still....
Also, loved the part at the end about Brady that says "5 touchdown wins"...lol

The list needs to go like this...

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Tom Brady
3. Joe Montana

What a horrible list, though I will say that @SammyBlueCat would need to scratch and claw his way through some normal ones to find ranking like these. Almost every list has Brady 1 and Montana 2. After that there's quite a bit of variation, but most lists have a top five of modern (SB era) QB as Brady, Montana, Elway, Marino, and Manning. Brees at #2 is a huge stretch.

I'm not sure there was a methodology for picking the order of the list. Ad placement probably.

Imagine what Marino would do now in this more happy pass league today.

still lose the AFCCG I'd suppose

Montana 7th ... that will pop a few gaskets on the left coast.

They tempered that by calling him "arguably the best big game QB". For some reason the Montana rumpswabs don't think that his playoff losses that came before the SB were big games.

It's cool that Phil Simms was better than Dan Fouts or Ken Stabler.

It's part of the NFL bias that exists. Of the 30 players listed there are only 9 AFC QB's, in spite of the fact that the AFC has dominated the NFC through the years.

Just wondering why this list was made into a thread when there are a lot of normal lists easily accessible with a Google search. This would be a huge outlier, like the worst one out of twenty or so that come up. Was the purpose of this thread to make fun of this list or to generally discuss the best QBs of all-time using this as a reference? @SammyBlueCat ?

This is a message board and we like to discuss Patriots football. No?
Was #1 too obvious for you? :)

My head is hurting from the violent shaking after seeing Johnny Unitas ranked #14.

Behind Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers.

Huh?
When I first viewed the results, I was wondering how they accounted for generational differences, rule changes, realignment, and the overall different experience.

Ka freaking boom. This is a list that can be debated. But not by much. If you don't have any of these guys on your top 10-12 list you're simply wrong. You can stop arguing at that point. These guys either changed how the game was played or were so dominant in their era that it was otherworldly. They belong on your top "8" or so list.

Quoted from Deus: I like this list a lot.

I put Manning in the race with a bunch of other QBs at between 9-15

The top 8 QBsOAT, in no particular order:

Starr
Brady
Baugh
Graham
Unitas
Montana
Young
Staubach

The line forms after that.I put Manning in the race with a bunch of other QBs at between 9-15

I would guess the stat F***ers are losing their minds right now. "Cannot compute"
Young.

Young?

Burt Young? Jesse Younger?

Mighty Joe Young?

Please. Not Steve:confused:o_O

You might as well put Mark Rypien in there.

Just no.

I thought Russell Wilson was way too high and Warren Moon was way too low. Steve Young, I'm a big fan, but no way is he a top 5 QB imo. MAYBE top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes