PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FUNNY LINK The greatest Judon tweet of all time

Story/Link that will hopefully make you laugh.
Where's he get off with using #pick_six22 anyway? There are 19 players with more career pick 6's than him.
RankPlayerTD
1Rod Woodson+
12​
2Darren Sharper
11​
Charles Woodson+
11​
4Aqib Talib
10​
5Ken Houston+
9​
Deion Sanders+
9​
Aeneas Williams+
9​
8Eric Allen
8​
Ronde Barber+
8​
Jackrabbit Jenkins
8​
Charles Tillman
8​
12Herb Adderley+
7​
Erich Barnes
7​
Lem Barney+
7​
Malcolm Jenkins
7​
Johnathan Joseph
7​
Ty Law+
7​
Ed Reed+
7​
Otis Smith
7​
20Asante Samuel
6​
Otis "my man" Smith also ahead of Asante with 7. He was a baller, made some big plays for us 2001

I always wondered if he had caught the damn ball if Bill would’ve resigned him?
I don't think he would have. As good of a ballhawk he was he was not a complete/elite CB.

At the time he was not in the same tier as Cort Finnegan, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, etc and that's the money he wanted.

I still don’t know what hes so mad about. He was franchised which is still good money for a year then signed with a team that was stupid enough to pay him elite money (and of course proceeded to not win **** elsewhere). He won 2 rings here.

Assante was a ballhawk, but weak tackler that was reluctant to come up during running plays.
I am assuming that is why BB wouldn't pay him top dollar.

********. It isn't.
Yes, it is. We going to continue with three or less word answers or do you want to have a real discussion?

You're making a generic comment... it's not personal it's business... no thought no originality.

I gave you examples of players and coaches where it was obviously personal with Bill...

Did Bill take it personal when Ty called him a liar (multiple times)?

Moss gets shipped out of town after ranting in a post game press conference about the team not appreciating him? Strictly a football decision?

Wes benched for some harmless foot jokes. Or was that the game plan?... start the playoffs without your best receiver.

Chandler freaking out on synthetic marijuana had nothing to do with Bill trading the team's sack leader?

Malcolm Butler... I won't bother, you know how I feel about it.

Hiring his sons to the coaching staff isn't personally driven? Re-hiring his buddy Patricia and quickly promoting him to the second most important position on the coaching staff was all business?

A lot of the Brady stuff got personal too, Guerrero, contracts, the split, the aftermath, etc.

Those are just some of the more obvious examples. And I'm not saying this is just a Bill thing, it happens all across the league. It's ok to admit it happens here.

Yes, it is. We going to continue with three or less word answers or do you want to have a real discussion?

You're making a generic comment... it's not personal it's business... no thought no originality.

I gave you examples of players and coaches where it was obviously personal with Bill...

Did Bill take it personal when Ty called him a liar (multiple times)?

Moss gets shipped out of town after ranting in a post game press conference about the team not appreciating him? Strictly a football decision?

Wes benched for some harmless foot jokes. Or was that the game plan?... start the playoffs without your best receiver.

Chandler freaking out on synthetic marijuana had nothing to do with Bill trading the team's sack leader?

Malcolm Butler... I won't bother, you know how I feel about it.
You deserved a 3 word response because what you posted is garbage. Fine. You want one. Here it is.

Yes. It's ******** to say these were personal issues Bill had with these players. They weren't.

Everyone you list was either too expensive, toxic, broke team rules and wasn't ready to play a game.

Thats not personal. It's business as in the business of the New England Patriots football operations and winning games.

...and yes, Bill makes the rules and make them very clear to everyone before they are broken.

You clearly don't know the difference.
Hiring his sons to the coaching staff isn't personally driven? Re-hiring his buddy Patricia and quickly promoting him to the second most important position on the coaching staff was all business?

These were individuals who started washing dishes and through hard work were promoted to being chefs.

Yes they were his sons. That opens a door. It's their job to stay there and they did.

The man had 20 years of NFL coaching experience a deep familiarity with the program. Bill hiring Fat Matt as OC was a poor decision. End of story.

A lot of the Brady stuff got personal too, Guerrero, contracts, the split, the aftermath, etc.
Stop. Tom leaving was a business/organizational decision based on a need to rebuild, money, age and Tom wanting different things. You have zero proof if was personal. Bill did not hate Tom. We know that.

...and please with Snake Oil...Guerrero was offering/conducting treatments and programs for players which were against team trainers and doctors course of treatment. He does not have a medical degree. If you don't see the issue there then you have a blind spot.
Those are just some of the more obvious examples. And I'm not saying this is just a Bill thing, it happens all across the league. It's ok to admit it happens here.
None of these are personal. You are making up something that isn't there.

Personal is when Tom Brady sleeps with Bill's GF.

We all know you have a personal issue with Bill. It's OK to admit it but to manufacture "personal issues" is garbage. You are acting like Asante.

Last edited:
Assante was a ballhawk, but weak tackler that was reluctant to come up during running plays.
I am assuming that is why BB wouldn't pay him top dollar.
Jack Jones reminds me of him. A nice piece to have one a team. Can make game changing plays, but more other than not gives up too many. Throw in an attitude problem, and those cats just ain’t worth it to me.

I would defend Asante but he dropped the perfect season
It wasn't as bad a drop as Wes'.

...let's just drop it

...I mean, change the subject...

[Gronk could have caught that Hail Mary! :mad: ]

You deserved a 3 word response because what you posted is garbage. Fine. You want one. Here it is.

Yes. It's ******** to say these were personal issues Bill had with these players. They weren't.

Everyone you list was either too expensive, toxic, broke team rules and wasn't ready to play a game.

Thats not personal. It's business as in the business of the New England Patriots football operations and winning games.
You just did the same thing with just a few more words. Completely ignored the details I provided for the personal nature of those situtations.

These were individuals who started washing dishes and through hard work were promoted to being chefs.
Stephen and Brian? He made his sons wash dishes? And how would you know why they were promoted? It's just as valid for me to claim nepotism.

The man had 20 years of NFL coaching experience a deep familiarity with the program. Bill hiring Fat Matt as OC was a poor decision. End of story.
Are you defending the decision or criticizing it? Because you just did both.

Stop. Tom leaving was a business/organizational decision based on a need to rebuild, money, age and Tom wanting different things. You have zero proof if was personal. Bill did not hate Tom. We know that.
BB wanted to prove he could win without Brady. Now he'll settle for catching Shula. We can't prove BB's motivation for everything so often we're left with putting the pieces together and speculating. That's how I feel about it and BB was trying to be discrete by offering Brady contracts that he knew eventually Brady would reject. BB was fortunate he had Brady for 2018 and 2019 with the horseshit they put in front of him. Brady really had had enough prior to 2019 but he agreed to ride it out for one more season, a decision he probably regrets, just like he probably regrets this past season in Tampa Bay.

...and please with Snake Oil...Guerrero was offering/conducting treatments and programs for players which were against team trainers and doctors course of treatment. He does not have a medical degree. If you don't see the issue there then you have a blind spot.
It was a point of contention between Brady and Belichick despite BB's reasoning. And I'm not defending Guerrero, he seems like a total douche to me, although I know someone who is close friends with him and they say he's a great guy, and I think he helped Brady sustain his career to age 45 which is remarkable. Really only this season did I see any physical drop-off in Brady's performance and it was with his pocket mobility (he lost some of his lateral movement from the pocket).

None of these are personal. You are making up something that isn't there.

Personal is when Tom Brady sleeps with Bill's GF.

We all know you have a personal issue with Bill. It's OK to admit it but to manufacture "personal issues" is garbage. You are acting like Asante.
You're not being fair. Again, I mentioned some well known aspects of those situations which reflect a personal component to them. And of course there are lesser degrees of 'personal' than adultery.

Otis "my man" Smith also ahead of Asante with 7. He was a baller, made some big plays for us 2001
And the scoop 6 in the 96 AFC Championship game. I was there and the old stadium was rocking.

Brunell after the play:
1680534123373.png

You just did the same thing with just a few more words. Completely ignored the details I provided for the personal nature of those situtations.
I didn't ignore them. I categorically dismissed all of them because you don't comprehend the difference between business decision and what is/isn't acceptable behavior on a football team.

To say Ty Law was let go for "personal reasons" is crap. Bill didn't want to pay him $10m....and the BB is a liar comments were after the 2003 season- not 2004 so that is not personal.
Stephen and Brian? He made his sons wash dishes? And how would you know why they were promoted? It's just as valid for me to claim nepotism.
You are saying they didn't earn their increased responsibility. That is insulting to them and something you cannot prove.
Are you defending the decision or criticizing it? Because you just did both.
I am defending the logic of the decision and saying it sucked. You can make a decision based on logic with the results being poor.
BB wanted to prove he could win without Brady.
Prove this.
It was a point of contention between Brady and Belichick despite BB's reasoning.
And I'm not defending Guerrero, he seems like a total douche to me, although I know someone who is close friends with him and they say he's a great guy, and I think he helped Brady sustain his career to age 45 which is remarkable. Really only this season did I see any physical drop-off in Brady's performance and it was with his pocket mobility (he lost some of his lateral movement from the pocket).
It was absolutely contention and needed to be nipped in the bud. AG was undermining the training/medical staff. That is unacceptable. Tom not liking it is his issue- not Bill's.
You're not being fair. Again, I mentioned some well known aspects of those situations which reflect a personal component to them. And of course there are lesser degrees of 'personal' than adultery.
I'm trying to delineate the difference between a business decision and a personal vendetta for you.

Last edited:
I didn't ignore them. I categorically dismissed all of them because you don't comprehend the difference between business decision and what is/isn't acceptable behavior on a football team.
Well, you can rule out almost anything if you're going to default to Belichick makes the rules and he defines (however nebulously) what's unacceptable behavior for one of his players (wherever the behavior may take place). You're choosing to place everything in the business decision bucket. I'm not. When certain things happen off the field (Ty, Moss, Wes), or even away from the team (Chandler), I think it necessarily brings in a personal component (and Bill's personal feelings on the matter, which apparently you also consider "strictly business").

You are saying they didn't earn their increased responsibility. That is insulting to them and something you cannot prove.
Looks a lot like nepotism. But no, I can't get inside Bill's head to literally show you his personal thoughts on it.

I am defending the logic of the decision and saying it sucked. You can make a decision based on logic with the results being poor.
There is no way that decision can be defined by logic. It made no sense, was obviously a horrible decision, and with predictably horrible results. Again, you seem to be of the mind that because Belichick "thought it was the right thing to do" at the time then it must have been a sound decision. Classic IBWT.

Prove this.
I already said we can't prove BB's motivation for everything so often we're left with putting the pieces together and speculating.

Judon has been great all around for us. A+ signing thus far. And i just find it hilarious that all the trades/signings we have made the last 2 years are pretty much the only guys he didn’t try to recruit

Well, you can rule out almost anything if you're going to default to Belichick makes the rules and he defines (however nebulously) what's unacceptable behavior for one of his players (wherever the behavior may take place).
Yes. They are rules. He has behavior rules. He has financial principals. You are saying they are "personal". They are not.

Sitting Welker for a quarter had nothing to do with how Bill felt about him as a person but everything to do with antagonizing an opponent and disrespecting/insulting the opposing coach.
You're choosing to place everything in the business decision bucket.
Biz and behavior because they are. Ever play on a team? Manage people? If you did you'd understand what i'm talking about.
I'm not. When certain things happen off the field (Ty, Moss, Wes), or even away from the team (Chandler), I think it necessarily brings in a personal component (and Bill's personal feelings on the matter, which apparently you also consider "strictly business").
Ty was released b/c they didn't want to pay him $10m. Wes was not resigned b/c he wanted more money and was older than Amendola. Moss *****ed about his usage and contract was clearly becoming disruptive and was traded. Jones wanted big money and was traded. That had nothing to do with the drugs. Again, nothing personal- strictly business
Looks a lot like nepotism. But no, I can't get inside Bill's head to literally show you his personal thoughts on it.
It's nepotism they got in the door. It's not if they earn more responsibility based on merit.
There is no way that decision can be defined by logic. It made no sense, was obviously a horrible decision, and with predictably horrible results. Again, you seem to be of the mind that because Belichick "thought it was the right thing to do" at the time then it must have been a sound decision. Classic IBWT.
Yes it can and did. DCs become HCs and call plays. Thats what Fat Matt did in DET. Bill thought he could do OK here. Obviously a major miscalculation.
I already said we can't prove BB's motivation for everything so often we're left with putting the pieces together and speculating.
That's what we do here.

Last edited:
To be more verbal about it:

When he effed up the perfect season it was one of many moments the team, and the refs, handed to the Gintz. I don't blame the season or the game on his drop. But it's not like it goes away.

As far as not getting paid what he wanted, I was like, it is indeed a business. I bore no ill will.

Now all these years later, when I've spent all the intervening time thinking "Eh, that's how it goes sometimes," He makes me feel like I've missed a perfectly good fan bile target while you guys were just hosing him down. Eh well.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back