PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The greatest 27:29 of football ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was insane. I really wish they capped it off.
God damn Kyle Arrington.

It was Arrington, right? Just goes to show how much needed to go right in SB 51. One person out of position for one play and the comeback never happens

Brady had 5 TDs in one quarter against the Titans.

iei8ih.jpg

25p2xyg.jpg

359afbn.jpg

The numbers are incredible but the context is what makes it the greatest segment of football ever. Over and over and over the Patriots had to make that play or they were done, and every time they made the play. It was as good as it gets.

To this day i am still stunned.

All the trash talking that went on..i loved seeing them eat the bird. Weather its the best ever or not by numbers..i dont care really because for me the game was otherworldly

Patriots: 20:34, 49 plays, 351 yards, 0 turnovers, 31 points

There are some teams (cough, JESTS, cough) that would love to have those stats for an entire game.

IMO it is the greatest stretch of football I have ever seen, and it happened on the biggest stage..

What is often overlooked was that the Pats ran something like 99 offensive plays (including penalties) and the Falcons ran something like 46, we beat them down really bad, they were completely "gassed".. someone said after the game that their endurance had to do with the persistent wind sprints up the hill between the practice soccer and football fields.

Running 99 plays is unheard of in today's NFL.. the NFL average is < 70 plays per game. IN 2016, the Patriots averaged about 68 plays per game for the sake of comparison.

There are some teams (cough, JESTS, cough) that would love to have those stats for an entire game.

According to some here the Super Bowl was clear evidence of Brady's deterioration.

Seriously

You can't make that sh.t up.

Brady is not deteriorating. He seemed confused by the defense for a while but then torched them.

I think those numbers in that short of time is an outstanding accomplishment. However what makes that even MORE amazing, is that it was accomplished against the 2nd best team in the league that year.

So maybe getting 31 points and over 380 yards in that short of time period is short of unbelievable against the somewhat suspect Falcon defense, BUT to hold the a historically great offense like the Falcons to ZERO points and just 44 yds over the same time frame really DOES boggle the mind.

8:31 of the 3rd quarter
15:00 of the 4th quarter
3:58 of overtime

Over that 27 minutes, 29 seconds,

Falcons: 6:55, 16 plays, 44 yards, 1 turnover, 0 points

That's less than one half of football. Over that span, the Patriots put up absolutely mind-boggling numbers, while COMPLETELY shutting down their opponent.

And they did this on the biggest stage in the NFL, under the greatest pressure ever, being the favorite down by *25 points*.

I cannot imagine, given the circumstances the Patriots performed in, that any team has ever played a better 27:29 of football in NFL history.
This has been bugging me since you posted it. What is the significance of the 8:31 time in the 3rd Quarter as indicated above?

I just got my newest shirt, the one with the two scoreboards on it, and it shows the time left in the 3rd Quarter as 2:12 and the score is 28-3.

So 2:12, plus the 15 minutes in the 4th Quarter, and 3:58 minutes in overtime equals 20:10 minutes and 31 points.

Please help me here.

This has been bugging me since you posted it. What is the significance of the 8:31 time in the 3rd Quarter as indicated above?

I just got my newest shirt, the one with the two scoreboards on it, and it shows the time left in the 3rd Quarter as 2:12 and the score is 28-3.

So 2:12, plus the 15 minutes in the 4th Quarter, and 3:58 minutes in overtime equals 20:10 minutes and 31 points.

Please help me here.

The Falcons scored their last points with 8:31 left in the third quarter. From that point on, the Pats dominated.

The Falcons scored their last points with 8:31 left in the third quarter. From that point on, the Pats dominated.
Thanks, I appreciate your help. Like I said, that has been bugging me since it was posted. I just watched a youtube highlights video and didn't catch it. I was amazed at how much Amendola contributed in the 2nd half!

Again, thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back