PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The greatest 27:29 of football ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanvamp

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
8:31 of the 3rd quarter
15:00 of the 4th quarter
3:58 of overtime

Over that 27 minutes, 29 seconds,

Patriots: 20:34, 49 plays, 351 yards, 0 turnovers, 31 points
Falcons: 6:55, 16 plays, 44 yards, 1 turnover, 0 points

That's less than one half of football. Over that span, the Patriots put up absolutely mind-boggling numbers, while COMPLETELY shutting down their opponent.

And they did this on the biggest stage in the NFL, under the greatest pressure ever, being the favorite down by *25 points*.

I cannot imagine, given the circumstances the Patriots performed in, that any team has ever played a better 27:29 of football in NFL history.

Last edited:

Falcons: 6:54, 16 plays, 44 yards, 1 turnover, 0 points

That's less than one half of football. Over that span, the Patriots put up absolutely mind-boggling numbers, while COMPLETELY shutting down their opponent.

And they did this on the biggest stage in the NFL, under the greatest pressure ever, being the favorite down by *25 points*.

I cannot imagine, given the circumstances the Patriots performed in, that any team has ever played a better 27:29 of football in NFL history.
Short answer: YES!
Long answer: HELL YES!!!

should have gotten a TD over the FG..and that missed xtra point...lol

We did it in the SB against a high powered offense & a defense that got a TON of pressure (at least initially) on Brady. Case closed.

I recall a 16 minute stretch in one of TBs huge blowout wins several years ago I think vs the cardinals where they put up like 40 pts. Definitely a fish story in my mind but even still that game didn't have the steaks.

Washington outscored Denver 35-0 in one quarter of a SB, after being down by 10 points. That's gotta be in the conversation.

Amen! Just the most incredible football I have ever had the priveledge of witnessing.

Brady had 5 TDs in one quarter against the Titans.

Not to discredit what Brady did that day, but alot of those touchdowns were embarrassing attempts at tackling. The super bowl had no snow as an excuse and it was on the biggest stage.

should have gotten a TD over the FG..and that missed xtra point...lol
We as fans don't look for perfection

As a matter of fact, we hate perfection!

But the strange thing is that the 27.36 we're discussing was in fact PERFECTION!

I believe the Patriots had something like a .3% chance of winning. But they flipped the bird to all Patriot haters worldwide and said "Fungoo! We're taking this game from Atlanta and ripping their hearts out"!

And that's, the rest of the story

Not saying its better, but the redskins scored 35 points in a quarter in a superbowl. Thats 4 more points in almost half the amount of time on the time stage but different circumstances. They were down 10.

Falcons: 6:55, 16 plays, 44 yards, 1 turnover, 0 points

you know, when you put it that way.
040314gisele008.jpg

Not to discredit what Brady did that day, but alot of those touchdowns were embarrassing attempts at tackling. The super bowl had no snow as an excuse and it was on the biggest stage.

Both were great performances so it's like choosing between two super models, but a point I should bring up is that the top 3 cornerbacks were out of the game when we played Tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back