PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
So of course you make it personal. How about you discuss something honestly without responding to a reasonable comment with a personal attack?
Andy you manipulate & flat out lie on here all the time.

You literally made up a quote out of thin air.

“bad pick he isn’t NFL ready”

Who said that Andy?

Good luck in the rabbit holes to come...

Andy you manipulate & flat out lie on here all the time.
100% wrong.
You literally made up a quote out of thin air.

“bad pick he isn’t NFL ready”

Who said that Andy?

Good luck in the rabbit holes to come...
I wasn’t quoting you saying that. It was in quotes because it was a paraphrase.
If I was quoting you saying it I would have attributed it to you.

Of course it would be a novel approach if you actually discussed the topic instead of attacking the poster. Seems you don’t have any interest in that.

100% wrong.

I wasn’t quoting you saying that. It was in quotes because it was a paraphrase.
If I was quoting you saying it I would have attributed it to you.

Of course it would be a novel approach if you actually discussed the topic instead of attacking the poster. Seems you don’t have any interest in that.
This is what you said...
"I’m not saying it’s right because Belichick did it. I’m saying that when a player is drafted by anyone and someone says “bad pick he isn’t NFL ready” then the player proves he is NFL ready it’s wrong to say the guy drafted someone who wasn’t NFL ready and got lucky when actually the analysis that he went NFL ready was wrong".

Nobody ever said, alluded to the Jones pick as bad or said he wasn't NFL ready.

Have a great night Andy

This is what you said...
"I’m not saying it’s right because Belichick did it. I’m saying that when a player is drafted by anyone and someone says “bad pick he isn’t NFL ready” then the player proves he is NFL ready it’s wrong to say the guy drafted someone who wasn’t NFL ready and got lucky when actually the analysis that he went NFL ready was wrong".

Have a great night Andy
You literally listed Jones as a player who wasn’t ready to contribute right away. That’s exactly how it started.

Why are you walking back from what you said?
It’s ok to admit you were wrong.
But taking a phrase that almost exactly describes what you said and denying you said it when it’s right in the thread is bizarre.

Again you would do well to discuss the topic not parse words that come back to haunt you.

This is what you said...

Have a great night Andy

I put him on ignore a long time ago, along with Deus, Da Bruinz, and a bunch of others. They won't respond to you once they find out you are ignoring them. :D

I'm sure everyone has seen Fant but in the off chance you haven't check out so e highlights (feel like Im the only draftnik who hates mocks & loves highlights lol. I literally watched every game available, some all22 that I can get my hands on & dvr but I still love highlights. Might see something not available & you see the player at his peak)
Fant had Nate Stanley throwing him the rock. I loved Stanley but gods he was bad & didnt progress at all. Bc of that Fant was obviously limited in what he could do. Constantly seeing the passes going into the dirt or away from him.
People will bring up his blocking but hes not bad at all. In fact there really isn't bad tape/games in that respect. He could improve but he's not bad. Was listening to Kittle the other day talk about how strong he was in the weight room. Potential is there but hes so good in the field. Too fast, too big & young. He'll be a 21 yo rookie.

I have the idea of trading up but anything after 20 I'm good w.

Again we're talking about someone very underutilized. Can run any route. I was always impressed w his ability to create space in-route w cuts/planting his feet. Speed is legit, real 4.5 at 250 & again only 21. Fantastic prospect.

Check out some of his physicality as well.
Fant looks like a beast! I wasn’t really that wowed by his teammate that’s rated higher.

I also like Irv Smith.

Fant looks like a beast! I wasn’t really that wowed by his teammate that’s rated higher.

I also like Irv Smith.

I like those 3 te’s but I like some defensive players a lot more @ 32. We’ll see what happens. Got to admit, the boring pick would be oline or qb. Not necessarily the wrong pick, just not the one that makes you all fuzzy inside. That would be Lawrence, Tillery, Sweat, Simmons, Wilkins for me.

I also like Irv Smith.

He can be Aaron Hernandez without the killing habits

I like those 3 te’s but I like some defensive players a lot more @ 32. We’ll see what happens. Got to admit, the boring pick would be oline or qb. Not necessarily the wrong pick, just not the one that makes you all fuzzy inside. That would be Lawrence, Tillery, Sweat, Simmons, Wilkins for me.
I think Tillery is definitely an option. D Jones as a dark horse. Both really made big jumps last year & would challenge/play right away at 3T. BPA meets value/need.

I also like Irv Smith.
Looks like a vg class. Definitely a deep class imo.

What pass rushers are available at 32? We lost Tre Flowers, so I would think BB might be interested in a DE...

I am curious how much Montez Sweat's stocks are going to fall down. If he is at 32 it might be an interesting option.

What pass rushers are available at 32? We lost Tre Flowers, so I would think BB might be interested in a DE...
I don't see good value at 32 for a DE. Either trade up or wait until the 2nd or 3rd round if you don't pick at DT in the 1st.

I don't see good value at 32 for a DE. Either trade up or wait until the 2nd or 3rd round if you don't pick at DT in the 1st.
What if Sweat,Simmons or Gary is on the board at 32

They won't be. Simmons is a DT and the other 2 will be long gone.

Sweats a wild card at this point. You may very well be right all depends on what each team feels about his medicals.

I also like Irv Smith.

I like Irv Smith from 56 onward not any earlier.

He can be Aaron Hernandez without the killing habits

That you can plainly see it's his nonexistent Blocking I'm worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back