PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a no before & after the combine. Been watching this guy longer than most. Taking him Rd1 is a mistake. The hype surrounding him is foolish.

I'm literally not surprised, maybe slightly impressed w his showing. Guys like him are supposed to do that. Hes been a freak since day 1 at Ole Miss. The production, consistency & development on the field has never been there unfortunately.

He's a day 2 guy you develop w a good staff. Not a top 10 pick that is supposed to carry an offense.
Think Chad Jackson and Bethel Joh, no thanks

Think Chad Jackson and Bethel Joh, no thanks
His hype is too much. Honestly I've gushed over him before & have been since he was a FO. Love his potential. Someone says WR1, I won't put up a big argument. Its just drafting a WR that early, rd1 alone is a no-no for me 98% of the time.

maybe it's just me being a homer, but chase winovich in late 1st or early 2nd makes sense. he is a patriot from head to toe. he is just a football player and yet he posted good numbers.

i also wish we get devin bush, but we won't because i doubt we will move up.

maybe it's just me being a homer, but chase winovich in late 1st or early 2nd makes sense. he is a patriot from head to toe. he is just a football player and yet he posted good numbers.

To me winovich bled Michigan blue more than anyone on that team. Feels like a one team kind of guy who if picked by us will be a patriot until he retires or is released. Plus the way he called Michigan st their little brothers Should be along the same lines of how he refers to the rest of the afc east.

He would need to learn to keep his mouth shut and not guarantee wins against a team he never beat then go out and allow 62.

Wonovich in the 1st? A reach of epic proportions. Could see him ss a ninkovich type lb. Nink was a 5th rounder. Albeit his 40 time wasn't as good.

Wonovich in the 1st? A reach of epic proportions. Could see him ss a ninkovich type lb. Nink was a 5th rounder. Albeit his 40 time wasn't as good.

Nah late 2nd-3rd

If Jachai Polite falls to us, is it worth getting him? He's an idiot, but...

If Jachai Polite falls to us, is it worth getting him? He's an idiot, but...

He’s certainly talented enough to warrant it, but if he’s that thin skinned, I can’t think of a worse media market to end up in. It might be too cruel to do that to him.

He’s certainly talented enough to warrant it, but if he’s that thin skinned, I can’t think of a worse media market to end up in. It might be too cruel to do that to him.
Definitely didn't help himself this weekend. It's hard to lose the combine but he did w his #'s & reported attitude.

The real concern is these guys not only train like animals for the physical parts but always prep for interviews. Their friends, managers etc will ask them crazy sh it so they're ready for whats coming. Either he skipped that portion or is really a meathead.

Feel like we position he plays he has to add weight. Skill set wise he could be a fantastic pass rusher w a small tweak to his 1st step but has trouble working through contact bc of his size. That won't change wout some good muscle imo. Same in the run game, holding his ground is an issue as well as quickly diagnosing the play. A lil too slow upstairs but effort is there.

It's obviously way too early for nailing down players, but I was bored and ran a mock draft simulation. I stopped after the first 4 picks, but I figured I'd lay that 4 out for people to critique.

1. Lawrence
  2. Simmons
  3. Irv Smith
  4. Isabella

No, too many question marks after those mobility drills.
Don't you just love how you can find video of his 40 time all over the internet, but can't find his 3 cone/shuttle stuff. Hah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back