PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
AJ Brown in the 2nd round is way better value than Metcalf in the top 10.

Interesting report by NFL Networks Charlie Casserly that claimed projected #1 pick Murray was extremely unimpressive in his interviews. He was told by several GMs that he is lazy and not a leader.

Side not: Everytime I see Charlie Casserly I am reminded of Drew Barrymore's father in the movie Fever Pitch who has the bad dye job.

Interesting report by NFL Networks Charlie Casserly that claimed projected #1 pick Murray was extremely unimpressive in his interviews. He was told by several GMs that he is lazy and not a leader.

Florio just killed him over that report.

Of course, Florio posts some of the stupidest **** in all of sports 'reporting', so he's probably not the one to be commenting on Casserly, but he did it anyway.

:)

A TE who can't block isn't playing for the patriots.

Hernandez couldn't block when the Patriots drafted him. There really are no absolutes when it comes to Patriots personnel decisions. They build a team.

Hernandez couldn't block when the Patriots drafted him. There really are no absolutes when it comes to Patriots personnel decisions. They build a team.
Hernandez couldn’t block after the patriots drafted him.

Hernandez couldn’t block after the patriots drafted him.

He developed into a more or less average blocker by the end of his time in the league, certainly better than the likes of Kelce or Graham. He was never a Gronk or Allen or Graham or Watson, but he could move a safety and throw his body in front of a linebacker. I'm sure Scar had something to do with it.

He developed into a more or less average blocker by the end of his time in the league, certainly better than the likes of Kelce or Graham. He was never a Gronk or Allen or Graham or Watson, but he could move a safety and throw his body in front of a linebacker. I'm sure Scar had something to do with it.
I’ll agree to willing but poor.

Florio just killed him over that report.

Of course, Florio posts some of the stupidest **** in all of sports 'reporting', so he's probably not the one to be commenting on Casserly, but he did it anyway.
Interesting read through the posted 62 comments on Florio's long winded rant against Casserly. It's pretty evenly split between denouncing Florio and dismissing Charlie as Belichick was famous for.

Hernandez was a move TE/Slot Wr. For an Inline TE blocking is an absolute must.

I have no idea who this kid is, but that's gotta be the best name in the this year's draft.
I thought he was at least part-Asian until I googled the name. Nope.

585f930802a222c958ffb01f9594133f_rockYaSin-temple.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back