PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with this one -- Caserio isn't just a scout for the draft. He's in charge of most of the personnel decisions in season, as well as coaching and development. Maybe his draft classes haven't all panned out, but his overall body of work is extremely impressive, and a key reason why we're going on a decade of straight AFCCG appearances.

I wouldn't say maybe there up until last year we have seen way more misses that actual hits. 2019 have some Redshirt Rookies coming back like Wynn - Dawson - Bentley - Sam - Ryan Izzo and maybe Berrios. Last year might have been the turning point for Caserio's Drafts. That said with the multiple picks this year we or he should get lucky with a few gems. And FTR up until last year I was disappointed with his Drafts. Like you said and I agree kudos to him if he plays a role in the other stuff behind the scenes.

Warring said he thinks he has a formal meeting with the Patriots tonight. Pats seem to be going heavy on tight ends here at the combine.

Hunter Renfrow, who’s been mentioned as a potential Patriots target for years now, met with the Pats at the Senior Bowl. He’s shaped his game after fellow Clemson product Adam Humphries, whom he considers a role model.

e7cea97a39c15cbba2431caba63dfa2f.png

That Guy:rolleyes: IMO is in the very overrated category as Director of Player Personnel. He needs a home run type 2019 Draft to exorcise those demons. I wasn't a huge fan of Pioli but him compared to Caserio is like night and day.
Reading every one of your post is like holding hot puke in my mouth.

Our FO is one of the biggest reasons we're where we are & miles ahead of anyone else. From the trades we make, contracts we give (which everyone bit ches about), player development might be the best in the league. Not perfect but Nick could probably pick his job tomorrow if he wanted to.

Btw anyone looking to get caught up should take 20 mins & go through my thread.
From June
10) (PTP) Zach Allen Rush/Boston College – Allen, 6’5/275-280, is a big, thick defensive end from CT and looks like another stud off the line from B.C. He’s versatile and will make an impact in both the run and pass game. I described his game before as to playing with a readiness/awareness that exposes the work he does in the film room. I think he has big upside in the run game. He’s not fooled by misdirection runs and can keep his outside shoulder clean to reset himself if he needs to. He’s only going to get stronger as he fills out. His pass rush game is a + as well. He has length and knows how to use it. He’ll throw accurate stabs/punches, can move a ton with his bull rush and has a spin to counter overzealous linemen favoring the outside. Allen should be on every Patriot fans radar because he fits the mold Belichick has proven to favor over the years. Allen looks like a player still getting used to his body (size/strength) so I expect his game has another level this year.

Last edited:
Last edited:
b2cc24d1807cee16c86ad4416e58e1f9.png

Phil Perry‏Verified account @PhilAPerry 7m7 minutes ago
UMass WR Andy Isabella has been working out with Randy Moss during the pre-draft period. Says Moss compared his size to that of Wes Welker soon after they met. They’ve focused a lot on slot work because Isabella played mostly outside in college.

Last edited:
Anyone get any pictures of where BB was sitting at the combine, and who was with him, and how far away from others was he, if someone was close to him, who was it?

The entire last page of this thread is giving me a big old draft boner.

TE Noah Fant runs a lightning fast 4.51u 40-yard dash

That Guy:rolleyes: IMO is in the very overrated category as Director of Player Personnel. He needs a home run type 2019 Draft to exorcise those demons. I wasn't a huge fan of Pioli but him compared to Caserio is like night and day.

This post is just bizarre. Besides Tom Brady he has probably been involved in some form or fashion on every transaction for every one of the players on this team. Every Player you could mention on every superbowl team this decade.

Homerun? Flowers, Thuney, Mason, Hightower, Edelman. The list goes on and on.
I imagine if he picked in the top 10 once in awhile you’d get the “homerun” your looking for. But picking no less than 28 the last 8 or so years really puts that at a disadvantage.

You can name your busts but I can do that for every team for the last 10 years too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST