PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a hands catching physical WR every time. Morgan has reached official binky status for me.

I said it before and will say it again this is a ridiculously deep Draft at WR. I want the Pats to triple dip just to make sure: Stanley Morgan is Ranked in 20's at WR on some sites.:eek: The Patriots can play the namesake angle.

Last edited:
Yeah it will be very interesting how we attack this draft.
I'd still like to see a trade for Ross in Cincy when the ball gets to him he makes plays he reminds me of Desean.

I wouldn't be opposed 7 TD's on 21 catches is a awesome stat....better days ahead??:D

If they take a safety there I would want Rapp.

I'm not a big fan, at least at #32. (I'd be perfectly fine with Rapp in Round 2). I place Gardner-Johnson and Adderley in a class of their own, with Rapp, Abram, Savage, and Thompson in the next tier. Those guys all have limitations, whereas the other two seem to be able to do it all.

I'm not a big fan, at least at #32. (I'd be perfectly fine with Rapp in Round 2). I place Gardner-Johnson and Adderley in a class of their own, with Rapp, Abram, Savage, and Thompson in the next tier. Those guys all have limitations, whereas the other two seem to be able to do it all.

I really like Rapp’s ability to diagnose plays and react instantly, for me that’s a critical skill for a safety. I also liked the comparison’s to Chung. Like you I would rather wait for the 2nd round but if they can’t move out of #32 and the board is limited I could see taking a safety as the best value.

I really like Rapp’s ability to diagnose plays and react instantly, for me that’s a critical skill for a safety. I also liked the comparison’s to Chung. Like you I would rather wait for the 2nd round but if they can’t move out of #32 and the board is limited I could see taking a safety as the best value.

He does remind me of Chung. It wouldn't shock me if he's a guy they like. I just think he's a bit limited in coverage.

Gardner Johnson is my fav safety in this draft.

He does remind me of Chung. It wouldn't shock me if he's a guy they like. I just think he's a bit limited in coverage.

I can see that, but Chung has taken a beating and his role is vital to their defense. That hybrid role has always been difficult for them to fill and getting Chung’s successor would be a good use of a high pick. I have safety down the list as priorities go but if the draft falls in a way that it’s their best choice I would be fine with that.

Apparently per @Miguel the Patriots have a new starting TE:
JAKOB JOHNSON, Fullback, (Germany), Age: 24

Played for the Stuttgart Scorpions of the German Football League before moving to Jacksonville. Played one season of high school football in the United States and was recruited to continue his career at the University of Tennessee. Although recruited as a linebacker, transitioned to a tight end during his sophomore season. Attended Tennessee for four years.

Reading the link he supplied, sounds like if the Patriots didn't actually sign him (or if he doesn't make the team), they can keep him on the practice squad all season as a special 11th practice squad player under the international player practice squad exemption, with the provision that he can never be promoted to the active roster in 2019. So you can probably cross off "developmental fullback" from the list of positions they will draft this year.....

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/2019-INTERNATIONAL-PLAYER-PATHWAY-PROGRAM--PARTICIPANTS-TO-SHOWCASE-SKILLS-AT-PRO-DAY-IN-TAMPA.aspx

Jace Sternberger seems like a patriots type of pick. nothing flashy, just solid.

I’ll take both, please. They would provide nice additions at WR and TE.

This was my view before expanding your quote. I thought you were making a funny about the guy on the right having the heft to play TE. ;)

upload_2019-4-8_18-23-22.png

the 24th can't get here soon enough...I have no clue who they'll take but I can't wait to open all the shiny new packages

It's actually the 25th, but Christmas Eve is nice, too, I guess. :D

Give me a hands catching physical WR every time. Morgan has reached official binky status for me.

When watching college high light reels I immediately discount any 30+ yard play with completely broken coverage cuz that **** does not happen in the NFL. So half of that video had me going meh, though it does speak (slightly) to his ability to get separation. Now the other half, mmm mmm I like, a lot.

Physical is right multiple times it took 2-5 guys to bring him down with just enough wiggle to have serious YAC potential. Not a burner but reminds me of branch in that he has enough speed to get deep if you cover him like a slot guy. No fear going over the middle and I saw him run multiple routes, always a plus in a Patriot offense. Best part, his hands, those one handed catches were SICK! Excellent job high pointing, adjusting to under/poorly thrown balls, and coming down with the ball even if he had a guy draped on his back. I would be excited if they drafted this guy and I think Brady would too.

So not only is renfrow coming here he’s taking dorsetts number as well.

Wouldn't take much to beat out the current #13 also Renfrow seems like a very smart player not choosing that dreaded Patriots #17.:rolleyes:

He was borderline for me last year.

45) Stanley Morgan WR/Nebraska – Morgan and A Richards are very similar players. A little undersized but able to beat press, accelerate in/out of his breaks and work all levels. Both are very smooth players. And both run the NFL routes to move the chains and can stretch the field.

I think I have him higher than most. He got a 2nd from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes