PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Devil's Apocrypha

Stokes

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Another book with religious themes I read recently, has anyone else read it? I thought it was a great concept, basically re-telling the Bible from satan's perspective, and turns a lot of the stories we know so well on their head. Fair warning, this is probably the most sacrilegious thing I've ever read in my life. I'm a non-believer and even I was like "whoa, this is going to piss some people off." Still, I found it to be a fun read, and certainly something that would spark some debate.

I haven't read the book, so I won't comment - but for the most part, there has been a big conspiracy involving New Age infiltration in churches over the last 20 years.

I would beware reading any "Christian" book, whether it's at a mainline bookstore like Barnes and Noble, or even your typical "Christian" bookstore(i.e. in the latter, I was surprised by how much Joel Osteen, Christian Rock, shirts with occult symbols mixed in with Christian ones there were).

As pretty much either the New Age infiltration has made headways(i.e. Zonderfan Publishing Company is owned by Rupert Murdoch - one of the most wicked men on the planet, and has put out a number of Apostate Rick Warren's books and the upcoming New NIV bible, and Thomas Nelson Publishing is pretty rotten too), or some of the more prominent and respected pastors of 20 years ago have pretty much been bought off now(i.e. Charles Stanley used to be really good, but in recent years, his messages have gotten watered down, and has endorsed pagan practices like contemplative prayer).

You should read Constance Cumbey's work on the New Age infiltration in the church - conservative Christians embraced her research 20 years ago, but now, even most of them have strayed away from her. No surprise, as alot of churches now are yoked up with Rick Warren, Bill Hybels, and the Emergent Church nonsense, largely b/c they've been deceived into buying into this "church membership" building, where they can network, market, and grow their churches into corporations, and everything will get gooder and gooder(i.e. Warren and other Emergents have this Replacement Theology belief that Jesus won't come back unless they build his kingdom on earth and create peace - this is completely contradicts what Matthew 24, 2nd The 2, Daniel and Revelation prophecize).

Also - the 1611 King James Version should be the ONLY source to read.

Constance Cumbey
My perspective -- What Constance thinks

2Pe 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord ************, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2Pe 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
2Pe 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

2Pe 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
2Pe 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour ************, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back