PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Defense: Why I'm Relatively Optimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the same defense as last year with some changes.

If there are some changes, it cannot be the same defense. Ninko, Sheard, Long, and Ryan are all gone.

They stink! Couldn't cover a wet paper bag right now.
monty_python_spam.jpg

You gotta call it as you see it. Can't give them a pat on the back. Idk if it will get any better.
You don't have to know. What is going to happen is going to happen whether you predict it or not.
Why you need to cry about it like a little baby is what i don't get.
Suck it up.

You don't have to know. What is going to happen is going to happen whether you predict it or not.
Why you need to cry about it like a little baby is what u don't get.
Suck it up.

Not crying about it. More like frustrated. Benjamin just caught another pass while i am writing this.

Come on, this is not Super Bowl bound team. This team has a crappy defense and a mediocre OL that is trying to protect a 40 year old QB. I want the Patriots to make the playoffs and then meet up with the media's darling team (the Steelers perhaps??) and crush them and their SB hopes.

1) The OL is as good as last year. The difference is that the game plan requires Brady to hold the ball for much longer. This is the best offense in the NFL. And yes, as with most teams with a franchise QB, the caveat is that Brady remains healthy.

2) With regard to the defense, I expect to see improvement from Marsh, Guy and Wise as they become more comfortable with the system. They've looked fine so far. I also HOPE that Hightower can stay healthy. IMHO, the front 7 has played well enough to be 4-0. They haven't been great, but they have been average, which is all we thought we needed with our supposedly awesome secondary.

1) The OL is as good as last year. The difference is that the game plan requires Brady to hold the ball for much longer. This is the best offense in the NFL. And yes, as with most teams with a franchise QB, the caveat is that Brady remains healthy.

2) With regard to the defense, I expect to see improvement from Marsh, Guy and Wise as they become more comfortable with the system. They've looked fine so far. I also HOPE that Hightower can stay healthy. IMHO, the front 7 has played well enough to be 4-0. They haven't been great, but they have been average, which is all we thought we needed with our supposedly awesome secondary.
They deserve most of the blame for the KC loss.

It would be nice if you took those pink colored sunglasses off. Quit acting like mr know it all. I am allowed to vent.
Pink colored glasses? What does that even mean?
You aren't venting you are crying like a little baby.

I've disagreed with their strategy against mobile QBs since I've been here. It's especially aggravating when you play contain and give him what he wants through the air and he STILL hurts you with his legs. I understand containing more than over pursuing upfield, but you can't do that and just sit in the Cover-3 on the back end all day and not hope to be picked apart. That said, when they went into man, they were blowing coverages left and right so it's not like they could hang their hat on that either.

Time for Tom to give us an Aaron Rodgers style “run the table” interview! :)

Punk colored glasses? What does that even mean?
You aren't venting you are crying like a little baby.
He sucks. Probably one of the biggest ####### on this forum. Imagine how badly he panics when things don't go according to plan in his waking life.

He sucks. Probably one of the biggest vaginas on this forum. Imagine how badly he panics when things don't go according to plan in his waking life.

One of the biggest homers on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back