PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Brady > Mahomes thread - It's not even close

Not real worried about it. He's got a couple of things working against him. One is continuity coaching-wise because Andy Reid is an underrated offensive coach, and two is his style of play. He's already been banged up, and unless he goes on an absolute tear over these next 4-5 years, it's going to be difficult. Reid will retire, and he'll probably deal with at least a few seasons mixed in where he's hurt.

So that's what's going to get you/him. Brady lucked out and got together with Belichick a lot younger. I think you're going to see some struggles once Reid is done, and you're going to have to deal with teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati - and potentially even New England at times - being a thorn in his side.

Again, you and others are just hoping and speculating as to what MIGHT happen in the future. And you are correct, Brady had it much easier in the AFC East and the AFC in general for most of his career. Mahomes has to go through Buffalo, Cincy, etc.

As a result, that's a lot of obstacles in his way to even put a dent in the numbers Brady's put up. It's like the Lebron/Jordan argument. Mahomes will likely never be anything other than a potentially strong #2 at best. Not to mention that winning 7 titles would be tough, and I just don't see it happening.

And you can argue all you want about how Brady won them. He still won them, and they're forever on his mantle. Can't take them away. :cool:

Disagree. Again. you and the others are making up the rules just to suit Brady. What if Mahomes goes 6-1 in Super bowls? Doesn't that trump Brady's losses, especially to two average teams like the 2007 and 2011 Giants? Also, one of the "gates," as I've pointed out to Crawhammer, knocks Brady and Belichick down a peg or two. Based on what I've been researching lately, I'm disgusted with the kind of stuff that went on in Foxboro between 2000-2006 and believe Goodell protected Kraft and your franchise. Mahomes and the Chiefs are clean.

If we are comparing their first 6 years only, Mahomes is holding up just fine vs Brady. And he is a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

Last edited:
Disagree. Again. you and the others are making up the rules just to suit Brady. What if Mahomes goes 6-1 in Super bowls?
Again, not worried. As someone in this thread said earlier - talk to me in (I'll go with 10) years, and we'll see where he's at. :cool:

Based on what I've been researching lately, I'm disgusted with the kind of stuff that went on in Foxboro between 2000-2006 and believe Goodell protected Kraft and your franchise. Mahomes and the Chiefs are clean..
Jesus man
You've gone crazy

Again, not worried. As someone in this thread said earlier - talk to me in (I'll go with 10) years, and we'll see where he's at. :cool:

So why on earth are we comparing Brady's 21-year career to Mahomes' 6-year career in this thread? A better comparison is Brady's first 6 years vs Mahomes first 6 years, which I've done above. Another comparison is to compare their talent levels, which Mahomes wins by a landslide.

Last edited:
1200px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png

Reactions: sb1
Whenever Brady beats Mahomes when it matters which is all the time- an angel gets its wings.

Debate over, the end, thank u, next.

Last edited:
If it's the troll I think it is (who I've now blocked and so have many others) - he was never a Mahomes or Chiefs fan and doesn't believe a word he's saying.

He's a Brady hater and a BB lover. It's that simple. This is his way of coping for being so angry and butthurt that Brady won a ring away from Bill in dominant fashion and Bill has been somewhat less successful than that without Brady...to put it mildly. The "debate" between them as it was is over and the outcome isn't just in Brady's favor...it's an ass kicking.

If it's the troll I think it is (who I've now blocked and so have many others) - he was never a Mahomes or Chiefs fan and doesn't believe a word he's saying.

He's a Brady hater and a BB lover. It's that simple. This is his way of coping for being so angry and butthurt that Brady won a ring away from Bill in dominant fashion and Bill has been somewhat less successful than that without Brady...to put it mildly. The "debate" between them as it was is over and the outcome isn't just in Brady's favor...it's an ass kicking.

Agreed but a troll by any other name is still a troll. :evil:

Reactions: sb1
Not real worried about it. He's got a couple of things working against him. One is continuity coaching-wise because Andy Reid is an underrated offensive coach, and two is his style of play. He's already been banged up, and unless he goes on an absolute tear over these next 4-5 years, it's going to be difficult. Reid will retire, and he'll probably deal with at least a few seasons mixed in where he's hurt.

So that's what's going to get you/him. Brady lucked out and got together with Belichick a lot younger. I think you're going to see some struggles once Reid is done, and you're going to have to deal with teams like Buffalo and Cincinnati - and potentially even New England at times - being a thorn in his side.

As a result, that's a lot of obstacles in his way to even put a dent in the numbers Brady's put up. It's like the Lebron/Jordan argument. Mahomes will likely never be anything other than a potentially strong #2 at best. Not to mention that winning 7 titles would be tough, and I just don't see it happening.

And you can argue all you want about how Brady won them. He still won them, and they're forever on his mantle. Can't take them away. :cool:
This is my view as well. Mahomes style of play does not lend itself to longevity. He has already played through so many injuries and he is not even 30. I think he may end up like Newton by the time he is in his early 30s and just be a shell. I think he maybe has 3-4 years of prime football assuming he does not sustain a devastating injury to his throwing arm or legs before then.

Your points on Reid and the AFC are spot on as well. He is only going to have Reid maybe a few more years and then it is a crap shoot on who they get to run the ship. I agree that Reid is vastly underrated. Also the AFC has so many great QBs who are younger than Patrick! It's unreal the competition and now Rodgers is in the AFC too on top of Wilson joining last year. It is uber talented right in the AFC as Patrick is in his prime. I still think KC is the team to beat and will be for quite some time but there are going to be losses in there. Heck, Jags almost took them out last year.

Reactions: Ian
This is my view as well. Mahomes style of play does not lend itself to longevity. He has already played through so many injuries and he is not even 30. I think he may end up like Newton by the time he is in his early 30s and just be a shell. I think he maybe has 3-4 years of prime football assuming he does not sustain a devastating injury to his throwing arm or legs before then.

Your points on Reid and the AFC are spot on as well. He is only going to have Reid maybe a few more years and then it is a crap shoot on who they get to run the ship. I agree that Reid is vastly underrated. Also the AFC has so many great QBs who are younger than Patrick! It's unreal the competition and now Rodgers is in the AFC too on top of Wilson joining last year. It is uber talented right in the AFC as Patrick is in his prime. I still think KC is the team to beat and will be for quite some time but there are going to be losses in there. Heck, Jags almost took them out last year.

So it's settled then. The only hope Brady has is that Mahomes gets injured and/or Reid retiring. And thanks for confirming that Brady and Bill had an easy 20 years in the AFC/AFC East.

Last edited:
If we are comparing their first 6 years only, Mahomes is holding up just fine vs Brady. And he is a hell of a lot more fun to watch.
LOL. Brady didn't lost a playoff game until his 6th season in the league and had 3 rings.

• Agree
So it's settled then. The only hope Brady has is that Mahomes gets injured and/or Reid retiring. And thanks for confirming that Brady and Bill had an easy 20 years in the AFC.
LOL. Hope? Those are just stating facts. To have the type of run that Brady/Pats had, you need a truck load of factors to go your way. Your wonder boy's arm will not be nearly enough, in fact his school yard style of play is what is going to prevent him from even challenging Brady ...

LOL. Brady didn't lost a playoff game until his 6th season in the league and had 3 rings.

And Mahomes has 2 regular season MVPs and 3 ALL Pros by year 6, none of which Brady had...your point?

LOL. Hope? Those are just stating facts. To have the type of run that Brady/Pats had, you need a truck load of factors to go your way. Your wonder boy's arm will not be nearly enough, in fact his school yard style of play is what is going to prevent him from even challenging Brady ...

Also facts - Mahomes has missed only 3 games in his NFL career, while Brady missed the entire 2008 season and 4 games due to suspension.

And Mahomes has 2 regular season MVPs and 3 ALL Pros by year 6, none of which Brady had...your point?

Also facts - Mahomes has missed only 3 games in his NFL career, while Brady missed the entire 2008 season and 4 games due to suspension.
2000-2005 - Brady missed zero games, his first 6 years in the league. Mahomes as you said has missed 3 and has played on several serious injuries on top.

BTW, why are you here and not on Chiefs Planet discussing Jackson's arrest? LOL

@SHOWTIME15 give us your Super Bowl Era QB GOAT List!

Here's mine:

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Peyton Manning
4. Terry Bradshaw
5. John Elway
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Brett Favre
8. Steve Young
9. Dan Marino
10. Drew Brees

@SHOWTIME15 give us your Super Bowl Era QB GOAT List!

Here's mine:

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Peyton Manning
4. Terry Bradshaw
5. John Elway
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Brett Favre
8. Steve Young
9. Dan Marino
10. Drew Brees

I don't know, but for the reasons I told you in my PM Brady cannot be number 1.

I don't know, but for the reasons I told you in my PM Brady cannot be number 1.
LOL! Of course he can't because only then can Mahomie be 1.

Last edited:
Well, if we are talking most talented ever, then Mahomes is number 1.
Ahhh, the old BOAT title. That used to belong to Rodgers, Mahomie can have it. Brady is the GOAT.

BTW, your signature is hilarious. You detail Brady's playoff losses and yet your Mahomie is 0-2 vs Brady. Brady literally stripped your guy of two rings and put them on his own hand. LOL

• Agree

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft