PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Boo-Hoo Drew Crew

"Anything" including the death of a player who led the turnaround of your team and provided a trip to the Super Bowl?

Nah, not into that concept.
???

'Anything' like a sprained ankle or separated shoulder, obviously.

And, again obviously, the passing of anyone e.g. Rehbein, Hill, is only tragic

Yep. And I thought Clayborn might have been a better corner than Haynes...
Ray was more physical. A different type of player.

Like all the vets, he really turned it on from '85-'88, making play after play. That defense was very good, if not outstanding.

I'll never understand why some Patriots fans feel the need to talk Bledsoe down.
I'm with you. Patriots fans were not complaining when he was re-signed as the highest paid player in the league. Sure, he wasn't a great fit for BB, but he was a talent.

Ray was more physical. A different type of player.

Like all the vets, he really turned it on from '85-'88, making play after play. That defense was very good, if not outstanding.
I often wonder what (today's, yes) BB would have done with that 85 Patriot defense.

Adams- Owens - Veris
Blackmon - Nelson - McGrew - Tippett
Lippett - James - Marion - Clayborn

Because he lost games for them they should've won otherwise?

Every single quarterback in the history of the NFL, with any kind of career length as an actual player (not a pine rider), has done that.

Last edited:
Every single quarterback in the history of the NFL, with any kind of career length as an actual player (not a pine rider), has done that.
Because he lost games for them they should've won otherwise?
It's not talking him down at all.

It's simply debunking the myth that he was astronomically better than he really was, while at the same time totally ignoring players who were in fact great, leaving them unhonored and virtually unknown.

Drew's better than Tony Eason and Hugh Millen, and that's a compliment.

I often wonder what (today's, yes) BB would have done with that 85 Patriot defense.

Adams- Owens - Veris
Blackmon - Nelson - McGrew - Tippett
Lippett - James - Marion - Clayborn
He would have schemed and got them to stop the run better. Yes, he easily could have coached them to a title. As long as he started Grogan or Flutie.

What is this thread?

Patriots fans were not complaining when he was re-signed as the highest paid player in the league.
I spent most of the first forty years of my life in quiet (often seething) silence.
What is this thread?
I just almost hyperventilated in laughter listening to the banter.

Felger is over the top and usually wrong, but his characterization here refreshingly refutes the Bledsoe worship.

Drew did take the team to the playoffs in '94. And countless other quarterbacks have also had an outstanding season (albeit with lots of picks) amidst an otherwise pedestrian career.

What is this thread?

It's one guy trying to make a case for players who wore red jerseys being better than Drew Bledsoe.

Somebody want to explain why Adams, Francis & Tatupu are torn down for decades?

Not to mention Flutie. Oh, the NFL tore him down, so that's why.

Somebody want to explain why Adams, Francis & Tatupu are torn down for decades?

Not to mention Flutie. Oh, the NFL tore him down, so that's why.
Why did the NFL tear down Flutie? Because he went to the USFL? The league is the ultimate meritocracy, if you can win you play. The reality is that three NFL teams tried him at QB and moved on.

EDIT: make that 4. I forgot that he was on the Chargers.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back