PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Boo-Hoo Drew Crew

Actual Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I had tears streaming down my cheeks when I listened to this
laugh laughing GIF

It's true I've been down on the Who Said So worshippers, as much as the Flutie detractors, forever. Only because I'm right.

TBH I also had Mac rated above Bledsoe (and Eason) based upon last year. Of course, Mac's now dropped below Hugh Millen.

Ray Perkins was an exceptionally qualified, including two four-year NFL head coaching stints, coach before becoming our OC with Bill & Drew in '93, as well as a sentimental guy having been our WR's coach from '74-'77 (ring stolen in '76).

But, giving the rookie Curtis Martin 11 carries in the Super Bowl is a concession only slightly less egregious than starting Tony Eason. It must be put on Parcells as well.

OK So Drew did find Kevin Turner 52 times for 471 yards, and Leroy Thompson 65/465. Drew could throw the ball (Like Eason).

Troy was our punt returner.

Besides Ben, we had Timpson, Brisby, and Ray 'Colonel' Crittenden, who never caught another NFL pass in his life afterward.

So yeah, Drew could throw.

21 years later....cool. Also Flutie.
Did you pick your avatar to mock Actual Pats Fan? If so, well done. If not, pretty crazy coincidence.

Did you pick your avatar to mock Actual Pats Fan?
It's Zappe. It's not a slight to the greatest QB to ever live. Their is a lot of Patriots fans that come here that have fond memories of past Patriots players. Some come here to mock them.

Mac does remind me of how Drew looked extremely uncomfortable when Bill arrived in 2000 and 2001. They had no running game, nobody outside of Glenn and Brown at WR/TE and a shaky OL where he had to play under center more because Damien Woody couldn't snap a football out of the shotgun.

Corey Croom was my favorite player in 1994, sort of odd i know, second favorite was Harlon Barnett, but I rocked 26 on my pee wee team as a WR. Was awesome when he started in what was an unfortunate playoff game. But I'll go Bledsoe over Mac based on what I see today, those mid 90's Pats teams were pretty dependent on Bledsoes arm for sure.

Corey Croom was my favorite player in 1994, sort of odd i know, second favorite was Harlon Barnett, but I rocked 26 on my pee wee team as a WR. Was awesome when he started in what was an unfortunate playoff game. But I'll go Bledsoe over Mac based on what I see today, those mid 90's Pats teams were pretty dependent on Bledsoes arm for sure.
I liked Harlon "The Hit Stick" Barnett as well.

Corey Croom huh? Kinda like your favorite player being an obscure NEP RB from the early/mid 80s?:)

Mac does remind me of how Drew looked extremely uncomfortable when Bill arrived in 2000 and 2001. They had no running game, nobody outside of Glenn and Brown at WR/TE and a shaky OL where he had to play under center more because Damien Woody couldn't snap a football out of the shotgun.
Have to disagree here Drew wasn't afraid to throw the football Mac is. If Mac's ceiling is Drew's we would be happy. Drew wasn't great but he wasn't totally bad like Mac is now.

Corey Croom huh? Kinda like your favorite player being an obscure NEP RB from the early/mid 80s?:)
Always have cheered for the underdog I guess. That's how I ended up a Pats fan in 1994 to begin with! My neighbor's Dad was from MA and told me I was crazy and they would never win anything haha

Morgan is still my all-time favorite but for some reason I took a liking to Stephen Starring when I was 10ish.

My older brother was a big Clayton Weishuhn (RIP) fan. We used to do one-on-one kickoffs in our back yard during halftime of Pats games. He used to yell out “Weishuhn!!” when he was about to tackle me. I not-so-fondly remember my dad sewing up me up after “Weishuhn” drove my tooth through my lip during one tackle.

Have to disagree here Drew wasn't afraid to throw the football Mac is. If Mac's ceiling is Drew's we would be happy. Drew wasn't great but he wasn't totally bad like Mac is now.
Drew could really throw the ball and immediately made the team better. He was also physically tough, but not a student of the game. He was one of the players who complained that Tuna was too mean. DB would would have had a much better career if Tuna did not move on when he did. Ultimately his career was negatively impacted by being enabled by Pete Carrol.

Morgan is still my all-time favorite but for some reason I took a liking to Stephen Starring when I was 10ish.

My older brother was a big Clayton Weishuhn (RIP) fan. We used to do one-on-one kickoffs in our back yard during halftime of Pats games. He used to yell out “Weishuhn!!” when he was about to tackle me. I not-so-fondly remember my dad sewing up me up after “Weishuhn” drove my tooth through my lip during one tackle.
Loved Clayton....man he was a force.

Obviously I took a liking to RW when I was 9-10ish. Also was a fan of Rick Sanford in my pre-teen years.

Loved Clayton....man he was a force.

Obviously I took a liking to RW when I was 9-10ish. Also was a fan of Rick Sanford in my pre-teen years.
Watching some of those Raymond Clayborn kick returns in the late 70s was awesome... The way they used to be able to create a massive wall of blockers made for some exciting football...

Favorite obscure Patriots from those 90s era teams....

With you on Croom. I just loved the way the name sounded.

Crittenden. John Burke. Dwayne Sabb. Kato Serwanga.

First player I ever remember getting frustrated with was Sisson.

Favorite obscure Patriots from those 90s era teams....

With you on Croom. I just loved the way the name sounded.

Crittenden. John Burke. Dwayne Sabb. Kato Serwanga.

First player I ever remember getting frustrated with was Sisson.
Remember going to get Kevin Turners signature on a football card after the Vikings comeback. He was another favorite, so sad

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back