PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The $2M Solution At WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's over 300 pounds, his standing reach is 10'2", and he'd be impossible to defend in the end zone. But that would probably be the only place he could function.
Yeah, I saw yesterday he's the heaviest guy in the NBA.

Would like to find a couple of $2M solutions at TE, if so our offense would greatly improve..

I would be interested in a OBJ and sign Robbie Anderson.

Obj
Edelman
Anderson
Harry
Meyers

trade Sanu

If the Patriots continue to bring in 2m jag WRs say goodbye to Brady.

Trade what? Or who? This team is short on capital pretty much everywhere -- draft picks, players and cap room. Painful free agent departures are on the horizon which will suck big time if a fat contract for Brady is behind some of them.

The only FA losses I will be upset about is Brady and to some degree D-Mac.

Thuney will hurt, however some team is going to back the brinks truck up to his house and he’s going to cash in, which makes it easier to let go.

The rest are Meh.

“Rich Cimini of ESPN reported on Thursday that Anderson is expected to command $14 million per season”

OBJ would bring his drama with him.

After Gordon and AB ive had enough.

there ain't much in the FA WR market in terms of difference makers

however, before you spend a dime on any of them, you have to figure out the brady question

The only FA losses I will be upset about is Brady and to some degree D-Mac.

Thuney will hurt, however some team is going to back the brinks truck up to his house and he’s going to cash in, which makes it easier to let go.

The rest are Meh.
Strongly disagree. Thuney is a stud and they need to start keeping stud OL players without Scar there to work his magic. Karras the same to a lesser degree with Andrews still iffy. Sheldon, Butler and Van Noy would be important to continuity on defense. It would be nice to keep Roberts for his versatility. Collins probably is gone regardless. Slater, Bethel and Ebner are core special teamers. Devin McCourtey is the only veteran starter I reasonably could see losing in favor of cap room and youth if they can draft a top-rated rookie safety. I'm OK with Brady moving on if (A) he wants to go elsewhere and (B) keeping him would mean breaking the bank.

Last edited:

Obj
Edelman
Anderson
Harry
Meyers

trade Sanu

If the Patriots continue to bring in 2m jag WRs say goodbye to Brady.
You seem interested in really expensive dysfunctional imbeciles at WR. OBJ and Anderson are lunatic divas. At least Sanu has team-first mentality and is sane enough to try hard.

Anderson link: Breakout Jets receiver arrested and charged with going 60 miles over speed limit and eluding police, reportedly made sexual threats about police officer's wife

If we improve the situation at TE and OL, we don't need an OBJ type WR. We need better than we got last year for sure, but with Gronk (and less than optimal Gronkness) and Dwayne Allen, with Develin and a solid OL, we outscored Mahomes IN Kansas City with a WR corp of Edelman, Dorsett, the ghost of Hogan, and Cordarelle Patterson.

Obviously if we were to draft a supremely talented WR (intentionally or through dumb luck), or happen to get a mid-range veteran or a really talented guy on a prove it deal (like the Moss trade), those make our offense better. But for the overall health of the team, TE/OL has to be the primary focus. In that scenario, I like the idea of upgrading Sanu with a few veterans in the same salary range, and letting them compete with Harry/Meyers for spots and roles. Again, only if the TE situation improves, which admittedly is no easy task. There's only so many dual threat, difference making TE's out there.

“Rich Cimini of ESPN reported on Thursday that Anderson is expected to command $14 million per season”
Anyone stupid enough to pay that escaped doorknob $14 million deserves him.

First, I expect a new agreement to be signed before the season starts.

Second, I believe that the 30% rule applies to extensions and restructures of existing contracts.

The current CBA covers this season so I do not expect a new agreement between the NFL and NFLPA before the start of this season.

Second, the 30% rule covers any contract that extends into an uncapped year. Any season after this season is considered an uncapped year.

Trade what? Or who? This team is short on capital pretty much everywhere -- draft picks, players and cap room. Painful free agent departures are on the horizon which will suck big time if a fat contract for Brady is behind some of them.
Yep. Poor drafting caught up with us. Lacking a second round pick, not a lot of cap space, and a ton of holes to fill.

People keep thinking Robbie Anderson will be cheap. This is free agency where the Robbie Anderson’s of the world get overpaid.

You seem interested in really expensive dysfunctional imbeciles at WR. OBJ and Anderson are lunatic divas. At least Sanu has team-first mentality and is sane enough to try hard.

Anderson link: Breakout Jets receiver arrested and charged with going 60 miles over speed limit and eluding police, reportedly made sexual threats about police officer's wife

who doesn’t have issues?

we have a safety that was charged with cocaine possession.

a CB that was arrested for drugs

a safety that was caught with a bunch of Weed

WR that was arrested for drunk jumping on a Mercedes and causing damage.

Their human mistakes are made.

Obj and Anderson fill holes that the Patriots desperately need.

Sanu was horrible for the Patriots.

Well, that might buy you a...Mohammed Sanu.

What the heck is the point of this post??? You could basically just say any position is allocated X dollars and structured in Y way. It makes absolutely no sense.

Player 1 and player 2? Don’t forget NE Coach.

A guy I’d like to keep an eye on is Chris Godwin. Bucs obviously don’t want to part with him, but can they really afford to pay 2 elite WR salaries, and expect to field a competitive team when their defense already sucks donkey balls on Godwin’s rookie deal, AND they don’t have a QB to throw to them?

I think it would be pricy, and risky since he could walk, but I’d be tempted to give our 1st rounder if he indicates a preference to resign in NE.

Strongly disagree. Thuney is a stud and they need to start keeping stud OL players without Scar there to work his magic. Karras the same to a lesser degree with Andrews still iffy. Sheldon, Butler and Van Noy would be important to continuity on defense. It would be nice to keep Roberts for his versatility. Collins probably is gone regardless. Slater, Bethel and Ebner are core special teamers. Devin McCourtey is the only veteran starter I reasonably could see losing in favor of cap room and youth if they can draft a top-rated rookie safety. I'm OK with Brady moving on if (A) he wants to go elsewhere and (B) keeping him would mean breaking the bank.

As I think Thuney is important I also think he can be replaced. As can all the other players listed.

The one guy you can’t replace is Tom Brady.

I don’t want to pay him 30m a year either, but if the Patriots want to keep winning until a suitable replacement QB is in place then giving in to Brady is what they need to do.

If Brady decides he is done in New England then, I would hope the Pats but everything in Signing Dak Prescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes