PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2020 OL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find that recent picture of Cajuste but it looks like he's about 250 lbs. I'm hoping its an optical illusion or something. I get he has a quad issue and he wants to lose some fat and put on more muscle...I just hope he doesn't end up losing his NFL career before it starts.

I can't find that recent picture of Cajuste but it looks like he's about 250 lbs. I'm hoping its an optical illusion or something. I get he has a quad issue and he wants to lose some fat and put on more muscle...I just hope he doesn't end up losing his NFL career before it starts.
Wow! He's supposed to weigh 310 pounds.

This was 1-2 months ago...

b610902d0e778ffe1e30ab7d41d43bdf.jpg

Wow, he looks more like a rb or safety than an OL...even so, I bet he'd play better than Newhouse has.

Great job Zuma at finding this pic.

This was 1-2 months ago...

b610902d0e778ffe1e30ab7d41d43bdf.jpg

Not nearly as light but Thuney is probably listed around 305 but plays around 290-295. Just a great technician.

YOC looks like a S/LB though. Some of these guys can put on/take off weight like nothing though.

Look at Joe Thomas, Vince, even Gronk. Not the biggest deal rn but interesting for sure.

Are you expecting to get a starter that the team will trust to start in the 3rd? We have a 1st and no second.

I agree that we should draft an OT in the 3rd. However, this would be for a POTENTIAL starter, after backing up Cannon for a year or two. In the meantime, this player would compete with Cajuste for the role of swing OT.
I’m not dead set on kicking Cannon to the curb. I’m just saying it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s asked to take a pay cut or released unless his play rises to what he’s been the past few years. Either way I definitely would like to see a tackle drafted fairly early.

Andrews is not coming back. You can’t play under his condition with the risk of it returning. See Chris Bosh.

I see their first pick being a O-lineman. They need to get more physical up front.

Anyone else feeling old cause its about to be 2020? Fu*cking crazy ain't it?

Andrews is not coming back. You can’t play under his condition with the risk of it returning. See Chris Bosh.
Russell Okung just returned from the same thing a couple weeks ago. It’s possible.

The 2018 OL was awesome and the strength of the team.

The 2019 (first half) OL is awful, and the 2nd worst unit on the team, next to TE.

2020 is a crapshoot at this point. Resources will need to be spent. I could certainly see another couple of draft choices being used, in addition to the free agent signings. I expect Karras to be re-signed.

There is little cap room, and much needs to be used on the defense.

OT
Wynn, Cannon, Cunningham, Cajuste

OG
Mason, Froholdt

C
Andrews (if he comes back)

FREE AGENTS
Thuney
Newhouse
Karras
Eluemunor (RFA)
Ferentz

Little cap room because we have been whiffing in the draft since 2015. Not enough great players on rookie contracts

"Can't" is too strong. It is similar to those who say a player can't comeback after 20 concussions, including several blackouts (Gronk).

I see their first pick being a O-lineman. They need to get more physical up front.

Cannon had other medical issues.

Significant weight loss seems like a major problem for an nfl lineman to overcome

Takes years to build back severe muscle mass

fair enough

With the picture, it really doesn't look good for Cajuste.

In any case, the first and second draft priorities should be OL.

Significant weight loss seems like a major problem for an nfl lineman to overcome

Takes years to build back severe muscle mass

The issue with Cajuste may be that the Pats are asking him to reshape his body to better adapt to the rigors of the NFL.. doubt the pix you see of him above will be the same guy we see in TC.. unless they are planning on using somewhere else.

If my foggy memory serves me correctly they have done this before with other players...

I read somewhere that he said he had to much fat and wanted to resolve that before he begins playing for the Pats....looks like he succeeded. He needs to put about 50 lbs back on...at least...in the next 9 months or so. Lot harder to put on 50 lbs of muscle instead of fat...but he’s young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News