PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is kind of disturbing the Jets are only 1 game out of the playoffs right now.

It's a sign of how weak the division is. The Texans, Pats, Broncos, Colts and Ravens (who are reeling right now) have a combined record of 48-15. Then there's 7-6 Pittsburgh, 7-6 Cincinnati, and the 6-7 Jets, who are 20-19. And everyone else is worse, with a combined record of 31-73. Not much parity.

So playing 2 to 3 win teams makes them feel confident.

Good luck with that.

Sadly that's exactly what Woody's fanbase was arguing over pre game. The last thing they want is the status quo they fear that entails.

They might want to consider borrowing Chief's fan strategy and chipping in on a banner and a plane... The banner wouldn't be to costly since all they'd require is three large letters... S O J

The Jets' schedule gets tougher the final three games than the last two. And the Jets looked like crap against the last two. I wouldn't be shocked if they lost their last three games.

No, you have it all wrong. The Jets are this year's version of the hot team that has to win out to squeak into the playoffs by the skin of their teet and then wins it all. That's how the Giants did it last year, and the Packers the year before. Woody needs to throw his full support behind Tanny, Rex and the Sanchize and not waiver in his belief that Jets Green will rule over the NFL this year.

:bricks:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Jets fans, but the NFL/networks don't seem to think your team is a playoff contender. Your games with the Chargers has been flexed out of Prime Time.

Niners-Seahawks' Week 16 game moved to Sunday night - NFL.com

Surprisingly, that game could be for the NFC West title. If the 49ers lose to the Pats and the Seahawks win next week, the Seahawks will only be a half game behind the 49ers going into that game.

I think it is kinda ironic that before the regular season, most people thought the NFC West would be the first division to be decided because it was San Fran and a bunch of crappy teams, but it might be the last division to declare a title winner.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, that game could be for the NFC West title. If the 49ers lose to the Pats and the Seahawks win next week, the Seahawks will only be a half game behind the 49ers going into that game.

I think it is kinda ironic that before the regular season, most people thought the NFC West would be the first division to be decided because it was San Fran and a bunch of crappy teams, but it might be the last division to declare a title winner.

...But the Jets still suck, right?

Last edited:

To borrow from Alanis Morrisette:

You win, Jets suck.
You lose, Jets suck.
You breathe, Jets suck.

Last edited:

Well, I think NBC and the NFL were lucky that the 49ers/Seahawks game was able to be flexed. But if they couldn't get any NFL game to flex the Jets out, NBC was prepared to broadcast the finals of Joe Bob's Fly Fishin' and Fryin' Tournament in place of the Jets' game.

The Jets even suck at sucking. If they had just let Sanchez snatch defeat from the jaws of victory the last 2 weeks, they would be looking at a top 10 draft pick (as high as #4) instead of #14. That could be the difference between getting a top edge rusher or fixing up the RT position...and getting another WR that Sanchez can't get the ball to.

Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Did anyone else realize we've got a Top 10 (8th) Defense this year?

Offense is 24th in Firstdowns, Mark is 34th in QBR. While only throwing for 12 TDs, Mark has thrown 13 INTs and has lost 6 of 11 fumbles. That's 19 turnovers with 3 games left to play. His bad play combined with his turnovers cause our D to be on the field more and tire out. I'm not surprised they're 19th in points allowed with a QB that can't keep them on the sideline.

Mark is 34th in QBR
34th in QBR
34th...

Anyone else think the best would be for Jets to win out, finish at 9-7, miss playoffs but screw up draft and give some false hope that things are good and Tannehill - Ryan - Sanchez deserve another year together ?

ESPN is reporting that the Jets have hired Cam Cameron to be co-offensive coordinator along with Tony Sparano. In a new twist on the Wildcat Offense, they are going to implement a "Wildcat Coordinator" system in which it will be a lost second decision which coordinator will call each play.

ESPN is reporting that the Jets have hired Cam Cameron to be co-offensive coordinator along with Tony Sparano. In a new twist on the Wildcat Offense, they are going to implement a "Wildcat Coordinator" system in which it will be a lost second decision which coordinator will call each play.

Anyone else think the best would be for Jets to win out, finish at 9-7, miss playoffs but screw up draft and give some false hope that things are good and Tannehill - Ryan - Sanchez deserve another year together ?

:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
well we all know there are only 32 teams in the professional NFL....but in the NFL the jest play in, there are 34, they occupy 33 and 34 in all categories respectively.

losers...

:rocker::rocker:

ESPN has 3 teams that have 2 qualifying QBs with a better rating; bonus points if you can name the 3!

So I was stalking the remains of the JI forum and I ran across a thread by a new JI member. I was speechless to find someone who makes complete sense.

So last night, like a lot of American football fans, I tuned in to Monday Night Football expecting to see something of an AFC heavyweight fight. Sports journalists were billing the contest as a sort of changing of the guard, where the almighty Texans, the most balanced team in the league, 11-1, the sure AFC representatives in the Superbowl, were going to officially take their throne as the lords of the AFC by unseating its former king.

Instead I just watched Tom Brady nonchalantly pull down his pants and take a giant dump on all of it.

I mean, I try to keep my language classy but I don't know how else to describe it. Everything ESPN and the NFL Network have said, and all the AFC dialogue that's been building for like two months now surrounding the Texans new spot in the AFC... yeah.... Tom Brady just took a giant crap on all of it.

42-14 with 7 of that 14 coming after NE pulled all its starters in super-garbage time. The reputation of the Texans is completely gone, poof, just like that. Tomorrow it'll be all about "Who the hell can stop the Patriots?"

So what does this have to do with Mark Sanchez?

Look, there's only one Tom Brady and I understand he's not coming here, but we see him twice a year. We see other quarterbacks. We WATCH football (or do you?).

You know what...

Forget Tom Brady, I don't even know how anyone can watch Tony Romo, or even Jay Cutler, or Russell Wilson, or Alex Smith, or really ANYONE else in the National Football League and then with a straight face say "Mark Sanchez is our man. I'm not ready to give up on Mark Sanchez, blah blah blah blah blah."

To me it's like another language that translates into English as "I want my Jets to really, really suck forever, and I love misery and wanting to put a fist through my television every weekend."

People have asked "Are you ready to give up on Sanchez?" "Do we need to bench Sanchez?" "Should we start him? Or him?"

Let me rephrase the question: HOW THE HELL CAN YOU WATCH ANOTHER QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL AND THEN SAY MARK SANCHEZ IS YOUR MAN?

When was the last time you saw another quarterback run into his own players ass and fumble the ball? I mean what the hell is wrong with Sanchez supporters? Is this like some disease or something?

If San Fransisco lets Alex Smith go we better damn well throw an offer in his direction because I can't take another season of this.
Jets Insider.com Forums

Won't last long there but I figured I would just place his post in here for record keeping.

Last edited:

OH yeah, plus they're funnier when they have hope... some other team will get their 10th win at the end of the day Sunday in overtime by a field goal... JESTers will be like "We were within one gust of wind of the Super Bowl..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back