PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a ghost last night, i would have visited a thousand homes of Jets fans to watch their sad faces while watching a real NFL football team win on national stage last night.

And yes, I even would have enjoyed watching little Jets fans cry.....:D

The nasty little things....

Originally Posted by Zarathustra
So last night, like a lot of American football fans, I tuned in to Monday Night Football expecting to see something of an AFC heavyweight fight. Sports journalists were billing the contest as a sort of changing of the guard, where the almighty Texans, the most balanced team in the league, 11-1, the sure AFC representatives in the Superbowl, were going to officially take their throne as the lords of the AFC by unseating its former king.

Instead I just watched Tom Brady nonchalantly pull down his pants and take a giant dump on all of it.

I mean, I try to keep my language classy but I don't know how else to describe it. Everything ESPN and the NFL Network have said, and all the AFC dialogue that's been building for like two months now surrounding the Texans new spot in the AFC... yeah.... Tom Brady just took a giant crap on all of it.

42-14 with 7 of that 14 coming after NE pulled all its starters in super-garbage time. The reputation of the Texans is completely gone, poof, just like that. Tomorrow it'll be all about "Who the hell can stop the Patriots?"

So what does this have to do with Mark Sanchez?

Look, there's only one Tom Brady and I understand he's not coming here, but we see him twice a year. We see other quarterbacks. We WATCH football (or do you?).

You know what...

Forget Tom Brady, I don't even know how anyone can watch Tony Romo, or even Jay Cutler, or Russell Wilson, or Alex Smith, or really ANYONE else in the National Football League and then with a straight face say "Mark Sanchez is our man. I'm not ready to give up on Mark Sanchez, blah blah blah blah blah."

To me it's like another language that translates into English as "I want my Jets to really, really suck forever, and I love misery and wanting to put a fist through my television every weekend."

People have asked "Are you ready to give up on Sanchez?" "Do we need to bench Sanchez?" "Should we start him? Or him?"

Let me rephrase the question: HOW THE HELL CAN YOU WATCH ANOTHER QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL AND THEN SAY MARK SANCHEZ IS YOUR MAN?

When was the last time you saw another quarterback run into his own players ass and fumble the ball? I mean what the hell is wrong with Sanchez supporters? Is this like some disease or something?

If San Fransisco lets Alex Smith go we better damn well throw an offer in his direction because I can't take another season of this.

Jets Insider.com Forums

Won't last long there but I figured I would just place his post in here for record keeping.[/QUOTE]

that's gold Jerry.... GOLD!.

Kurt Warner on NFLN this AM:

"The Vikings are 32nd in passing. . . . 32nd. . . . which is an accomplishment, since they share this league with the Jets and Jaguars." :rofl:

Last edited:
The Rats managed to slip another spot from #14 to #15 for the 2013 draft.

</SNICKER>

Great Blue North Draft Report

The best scenario would be for the Green Beans to finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs. That would be a one-game IMPROVEMENT over last season, lower draft pick, and a solid case for the current regime remaining intact -- Wrecks, Tannenbaum and the players. :singing::singing::singing:

How bad must it suck to be a Jets fan today? After the Patriots waxed the Texans last night, Jets fans are now posting about being in a position where they have to Cheer for the Giants to go on a roll so that they can match up against the Patriots, because it's their only shot of keeping the Patriots from winning the SB....

Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Someone please tell me there is a team that can knock off the Pats !

To this thread in general, I love the yearly progression of Jets fans' logic when coming to the Pats.

August - "the Pats aren't that good this year. Brady is hitting the age wall. Major holes. The Pats will finish in third place."
September - "See the Pats aren't that good and the division is wide open. The Pats will finish in second place."
October - "The Pats are good, but very beatable. If the Jets win this game vs. the Pats, they have a good shot at taking the division."
November - "Ok, the Pats will win the division, but they have no stones and will be one and done in the playoffs."
December "The Pats may be the best team in the league right now, but any of the NFC teams can beat them in the Super Bowl."

Wow! It must suck to be a Jets fan.

To this thread in general, I love the yearly progression of Jets fans' logic when coming to the Pats.

August - "the Pats aren't that good this year. Brady is hitting the age wall. Major holes. The Pats will finish in third place."
September - "See the Pats aren't that good and the division is wide open. The Pats will finish in second place."
October - "The Pats are good, but very beatable. If the Jets win this game vs. the Pats, they have a good shot at taking the division."
November - "Ok, the Pats will win the division, but they have no stones and will be one and done in the playoffs."
December "The Pats may be the best team in the league right now, but any of the NFC teams can beat them in the Super Bowl."

Wow! It must suck to be a Jets fan.

I've compiled a list of their top 5 moments over the past decade:

1. 2010 AFCCG via Pats
  2. 2009 AFCCG
  3. 2004 Won a PO game
  4. 2006 Made the POs
  5. 2008 Lost to the Dolphins to secure their div title

Yeah it's pretty safe to say it sucks.

I've compiled a list of their top 5 moments over the past decade:

1. 2010 AFCCG via Pats
  2. 2009 AFCCG
  3. 2004 Won a PO game
  4. 2006 Made the POs
  5. 2008 Lost to the Dolphins to secure their div title

Yeah it's pretty safe to say it sucks.

Your list is inaccurate. Where is "Drafting 'the Brady Killer' Vernon Gholston" on your list? Gotta be #1 or #2. My favorite most ironic line used on jetsinsider.com in 2008 was "I can't wait until Vernon Gholston introduces himself to Tom Brady".

Your list is inaccurate. Where is "Drafting 'the Brady Killer' Vernon Gholston" on your list? Gotta be #1 or #2. My favorite most ironic line used on jetsinsider.com in 2008 was "I can't wait until Vernon Gholston introduces himself to Tom Brady".

There was also this post in the "Someone please tell me there is a team that can knock off the Pats" thread.

Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Someone please tell me there is a team that can knock off the Pats !

"
When Denver lost in NE in week 5, Manning was still learning how to work with his WRs.

It will be totally different next time

And Von Miller would have like 5 sacks against Nate Solder. "

Nate Solder has been starting all year;how many sacks did Miller get against him the first time?

It is kind of disturbing the Jets are only 1 game out of the playoffs right now.

I'd love nothing more than for them to be in a win-and-you're-in situation in Week 17 and then get blownout by the Bills.

No no no.

The Jets need to get in, get to the AFC Championship game in Foxboro only to perform their next version of "miracle on turf". I mean seriously, last time it was a buttfumble, how are they gonna top that?

The funniest part of all that would be that propably Tannenbaum and Ryan would both get the vote of confidence from Woody, the Jets would end up picking 29th in the draft and they would have no FA cap room because of the Sanchez contract.

You combine all those ingredients and you KNOW that their 2013 season would be EPIC starting from the next SB guarantee due to them getting to the AFC Championship game. Hell that might even cause them to extend Sanchez even further.

Also, they count losses in AFC Championships as crowning accomplishments, right up there with their annual off-season super bowl rings.

Also, they count losses in AFC Championships as crowning accomplishments, right up there with their annual off-season super bowl rings.

You Patriots homer! It wasn't a couple of AFC Championship losses. It was going to the AFC Championship game two years in a row and almost winning one. Only Patriots homers would spin it into two losses.

Sorry, I think Rah! Rah! possessed me for a minute there. :D I think I need a shower and possibly a delousing.

Last edited:
chill out guys, the jets just solved all their problems.

Braylon edwards is back!

How bad must it suck to be a Jets fan today? After the Patriots waxed the Texans last night, Jets fans are now posting about being in a position where they have to Cheer for the Giants to go on a roll so that they can match up against the Patriots, because it's their only shot of keeping the Patriots from winning the SB....

Jets fans will find the smell of a Giants' victory to be something they won't want to wake up to.

Attachments

• Jets sniff Giants.jpg
    Jets sniff Giants.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 250
chill out guys, the jets just solved all their problems.

Braylon edwards is back!

I hear that the Jets immediately have become the favorites in Vegas to win the Super Bowl. The resurrection of the Sanchize has begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News