PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, on the other hand, absolutely love it!

It kind of takes the fun out of bashing them. Much more fun if they THINK they're good and going to the Lombardi game et al and then faltering along the way.

If Skid-Mark is still starting next year the entire Rats' OL should get their butts insured.

Speaking of OL...seems the Jets OL coach has his panties in a bunch now over being told "from above" whom to play...

This thing is a real mess. HC is not only out of touch with his players he's out of touch with his staff... At the very least the OC will be scapegoated which means another system for Mark... Rex isn't HCing material, but his pals in the media will discourage Woody from canning him. Tanny may get demoted to capologist after screwing up their talent, depth and cap and Woody will look for a personnel guy to take over as GM, but who will want to with another season of Rex and Mark to get through before he can clean house. And any HC worth having after another season will want either control or his own personnel guy...

Jets OL coach cranky about decisions made “high above” him | ProFootballTalk

The next ass I run face first into

In a week when the Jets are praying for a win and Bart Scott ripped his own team’s fans, offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo kept the chaos coming. A feisty DeGuglielmo told reporters Thursday that the rotation at left guard between Matt Slauson and Vlad Ducasse was “a directive from high above me.â€

Though he never specifically stated his opposition, that directive did not seem to agree with DeGuglielmo. The offensive line coach said of Ducasse, “He's playing well enough to be an every third series guy. Maybe.â€

Rex Ryan said the platoon was his decision.

Jets offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo says left guard platoon came "from high above me" | New York Daily News

Just
Emphasizing
The
Suckage

Found this on JI. Never knew that the Jets killed one of our fans and hospitalized another...

Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Fireman Ed's Replacement!

The Halftime Show
The Electronic Eagles' model air show, a popular entertainment previously presented hundreds of times at halftimes and other events, featured radio-controlled airplanes that performed maneuvers around the stadium, engaged in aerial dogfights, and showcased flying model planes crafted in unusual shapes. On this occasion, however, the exhibition did not go off without a hitch. Partway through the show a model plane (Snoopy’s flying doghouse) crashed into the football field — a harbinger of tragedy to come, especially after the crowd began to grow concerned about how closely some of the aircraft were approaching to fans seated in the stands. As one spectator present later expressed his unease to the New York Times: 'They were sending those things right over the crowds. I had an aisle seat near an exit, and I had it in my mind that if it came near me, I would run. It seemed so stupid, so sick, to send this thing over these people.'

Philip Cushman, a Brooklyn auto collision repairman, lost control of the model aircraft he was guiding, a novel plane shaped like a lawnmower with a red reel and silver handle. The plane circled the stadium a few times, then abruptly nose-dived into the stands about five rows behind the Patriots' bench on the third-base side of the stadium. As the lawnmower-shaped craft plummeted into the seats, it struck two spectators, 20-year-old John Bowen of Nashua, New Hampshire, and 25-year-old Kevin Rourke, of Lynn, Massachusetts.

Both men suffered serious head injuries from the incident. Kevin Rourke received emergency room treatment for a concussion and was admitted to a hospital for additional observation, while John Bowen, whom one observer at the scene described as looking 'like he had been attacked by an ax,' underwent emergency surgery that evening. Although Rourke recovered satisfactorily was eventually discharged from the hospital, Bowen died of his injuries four days later.

Murdering Bastids!

Last edited:
Apparently, Rex Ryan is still not willing to concede that the Jets are not a top 5 defense this season even though they are not exceptionally good against the pass or run, give up a lot of points, can't pressure the QB, can't cause turnovers, or stop teams on third down.

The numbers don't look good and are strong enough that even Rex Ryan is willing to give ground on his preseason proclamation that the Jets would have another top-5 defense -- though he isn't giving up just yet.

"It certainly looks that way right now," Ryan said. "Not willing to concede anything though. Maybe we can still have some of those great games. Not willing to concede because I don’t know anything different."

Rex Ryan unwilling to concede Jets won't have top-5 defense but gives ground that it's not likely | NJ.com

Right now the Jets are:

• 19th in total defense
  • 26th in points allowed (although their offense and special teams have given up a decent amount of points)
  • 7th vs. the pass
  • 30th vs. the run
  • 31st in opposing team's third conversion percentage
  • 20th in INTs
  • 30th in sacks
  • 14th in passing TDs allowed
  • 22nd in YPC allowed
  • 27th in rushing TDs allowed
  • 7th in fumbles caused
  • 12th in takeaways

With numbers like those, I don't blame Ryan for not giving up on his defense being a top 5 defense. They are just on the cusp. Only about a dozen or so teams to jump over to get to that 5th spot.

Found this on JI. Never new that the Jets killed one of our fans and hospitalized another...

Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Fireman Ed's Replacement!

The Halftime Show
The Electronic Eagles' model air show, a popular entertainment previously presented hundreds of times at halftimes and other events, featured radio-controlled airplanes that performed maneuvers around the stadium, engaged in aerial dogfights, and showcased flying model planes crafted in unusual shapes. On this occasion, however, the exhibition did not go off without a hitch. Partway through the show a model plane (Snoopy’s flying doghouse) crashed into the football field — a harbinger of tragedy to come, especially after the crowd began to grow concerned about how closely some of the aircraft were approaching to fans seated in the stands. As one spectator present later expressed his unease to the New York Times: 'They were sending those things right over the crowds. I had an aisle seat near an exit, and I had it in my mind that if it came near me, I would run. It seemed so stupid, so sick, to send this thing over these people.'

Philip Cushman, a Brooklyn auto collision repairman, lost control of the model aircraft he was guiding, a novel plane shaped like a lawnmower with a red reel and silver handle. The plane circled the stadium a few times, then abruptly nose-dived into the stands about five rows behind the Patriots' bench on the third-base side of the stadium. As the lawnmower-shaped craft plummeted into the seats, it struck two spectators, 20-year-old John Bowen of Nashua, New Hampshire, and 25-year-old Kevin Rourke, of Lynn, Massachusetts.

Both men suffered serious head injuries from the incident. Kevin Rourke received emergency room treatment for a concussion and was admitted to a hospital for additional observation, while John Bowen, whom one observer at the scene described as looking 'like he had been attacked by an ax,' underwent emergency surgery that evening. Although Rourke recovered satisfactorily was eventually discharged from the hospital, Bowen died of his injuries four days later.

Murdering Bastids!
Just to be clear, this was in 1979.

I hated them in 1979

I STILL hate them 3 years past 2009

I will always hate them if I live to be 99

He, he, he... its gotten so bad in jest land that they're fantasizing about what could have been.... Payton Manning as the QB of the nyj. The one that got away. Keep dreaming jest fans, old payton could see what a dysfunctional mess the rats really were and wanted no part of it.

If NY Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum had signed Peyton Manning, Gang Green could be enjoying its season - NY Daily News

If NY Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum had signed Peyton Manning, Gang Green could be enjoying its season

Soft-focus your brain, if that is still possible in the age of high-definition television. Imagine for a moment that Peyton Manning is the Jet quarterback, having signed a five-year deal with Mike Tannenbaum back in March.

Now: The fans at MetLife Stadium are chanting nice things at the Jets as they walk triumphantly off the field, moving to 8-3 and a game ahead of the Patriots in the AFC East. Bart Scott is high-fiving a supporter on his way through the tunnel, laughing and sharing stories. Rex Ryan is guaranteeing a Super Bowl, just like in the good old days. The crowds are spelling out J-E-T-S, squarely behind Fireman Ed instead of forcing him out of the business.

He, he, he... its gotten so bad in jest land that they're fantasizing about what could have been.... Payton Manning as the QB of the nyj. The one that got away. Keep dreaming jest fans, old payton could see what a dysfunctional mess the rats really were and wanted no part of it.

If NY Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum had signed Peyton Manning, Gang Green could be enjoying its season - NY Daily News

If NY Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum had signed Peyton Manning, Gang Green could be enjoying its season

Soft-focus your brain, if that is still possible in the age of high-definition television. Imagine for a moment that Peyton Manning is the Jet quarterback, having signed a five-year deal with Mike Tannenbaum back in March.

Now: The fans at MetLife Stadium are chanting nice things at the Jets as they walk triumphantly off the field, moving to 8-3 and a game ahead of the Patriots in the AFC East. Bart Scott is high-fiving a supporter on his way through the tunnel, laughing and sharing stories. Rex Ryan is guaranteeing a Super Bowl, just like in the good old days. The crowds are spelling out J-E-T-S, squarely behind Fireman Ed instead of forcing him out of the business.

What's that in the corner of my eye? It's wet and glistening....

Oh! I know! It's a tear.

Poor, poor delusional Rats fans.

Sorry to break the news to them, but even with Manning they are not likely to be leading the Pats. Contrary to what they fervently hope to be true, the rest of the Pats roster outside of Brady, is young, improving, and already head and shoulders above the Rats roster in quality.

Also contrary to their fervent rodent wishes, when Brady finally hangs them up the Pats will not likely collapse into mediocrity, I have no doubt that as long as BB is the HC and Robert Kraft owns the team, they will still be a contender in the AFC East, and in the Superbowl race.

Let me be the first to offer myself as an object of ridicule here on Patsfans for one million dollars.

PM me for my bank account #

So let me get this straight, if you receive an email saying that you will get 1 million dollars if you send your bank account number, you do just that? ;)

Eh, Manning would have been a stark improvement. That goes without saying when you're being compared to Sancheez. But the Jets need A LOT more than him.

'The rotation was the most substantive part of a bizarre press conference with DeGuglielmo, who was speaking to reporters for the first time since training camp. The offensive line coach walked in hostile, cutting off a reporter’s question to make a statement regarding a complaint he had received from the league about his lack of access to the media. As an assistant coach DeGuglielmo was required to speak during the Jets’ bye week, but did not and has not since then.

“I made a commitment to speak to you people on the bye week, O.K.? I was sitting here Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday,†said DeGuglielmo.

“If anybody needed to speak with me, I was here. It’s not my job to find you.â€'

Wow, a Rats coach who DOESN'T want to talk to the media?

This guy won't last long in NY.

BB would love that, but fortunately the guy coaching OL for the Pats seems to be doing OK.

Last edited:
'The rotation was the most substantive part of a bizarre press conference with DeGuglielmo, who was speaking to reporters for the first time since training camp. The offensive line coach walked in hostile, cutting off a reporter’s question to make a statement regarding a complaint he had received from the league about his lack of access to the media. As an assistant coach DeGuglielmo was required to speak during the Jets’ bye week, but did not and has not since then.

“I made a commitment to speak to you people on the bye week, O.K.? I was sitting here Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday,†said DeGuglielmo.

“If anybody needed to speak with me, I was here. It’s not my job to find you.â€'

Wow, a Rats coach who DOESN'T want to talk to the media?

This guy won't last long in NY.

BB would love that, but fortunately the guy coaching OL for the Pats seems to be doing OK.

Is he getting public relations tips from Bart Scott?

I'm getting very concerned. This is getting beyond tolerable for Woody. We really need Rex to hang on for a couple more years.

Of course, if they fire him, who would go there? Who could they attract with this recent history and salary cap problems?

Right. That makes it OK then.
What now? I pointed it out because I'd never heard of it before, and when you posted it I assumed it must have happened at the last game.

Adam Schefter â€@AdamSchefter
As @Edwerderespn reports, Rex Ryan has made plans to designate QB Tim Tebow as inactive for Sunday"s game to let two fractured ribs heal.

... So ... does that make McElroy the personal protector on the punt team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes