PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans Trade Osweiler To Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder who would be stupid enough to try to get Osweiler from the Browns via trade and eat his salary.
that was my question earlier--can the browns trade him but agree to keep some or all of his salary on their books?

Wonder who would be stupid enough to try to get Osweiler from the Browns via trade and eat his salary.

jets100920_2_560.jpg

;)

that was my question earlier--can the browns trade him but agree to keep some or all of his salary on their books?

The base salary wanders with Osweiler's contract wherever he goes. All the signing bonus stayed in Houston. If the Browns trade him away they won't have a cap hit from Osweiler.

That being said.. sounds like the Browns would somehow restructure that contract to facilitate a trade ?

Terrible for the Browns in that they have Osweiler and his salary.

Terrible for us in that it removes JG for no. 12 conversations.

What really pops out is how precise the price is: They want a 3rd rounder in 2018.

Call me crazy, buuut now I do think the Browns might be cooking up an offer for a certain QB...

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
O should be really embarrassed. Haha.

Gotta give it to the Browns.. they are making this FA season pretty entertaining with their Osweiler antics and a potential Jimmy trade..

The base salary wanders with Osweiler's contract wherever he goes. All the signing bonus stayed in Houston. If the Browns trade him away they won't have a cap hit from Osweiler.

That being said.. sounds like the Browns would somehow restructure that contract to facilitate a trade ?

So the Browns can restructure the contract, converting say half of this year's salary into a bonus, pay the bonus, then trade him for a third?

So we will take a bunch of second rounders and 3rd rounders and not ask for a first rounder?

Was listening to nfl radio, one of their takes was houston traded oswiler away so they could trade for jimmy g besides dumping oswiler. They went further, they're conjecture was that jimmy g wouldn't sign a long term contract with the browns but would with houston as a condition of the trade.

isn't this more like "texans GIVE osweiler to the browns"?

More like DUMP I guess. It's crazy that a team would give away a pick to get rid of a player. I don't think I've heard of that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST