PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tebow, Blount, Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Joker shouldn't be condemning Tebow supporters and claiming that they aren't real Pats fans. Whether US Tebow Supporters were Pats fans for the past 5 years or just became fans when Tim joined the team shouldn't matter. Joker should just be glad that US Tebow support the PATS team now. We shouldn't be called names because we like Tebow.

Dunno about that one. Broncos fans weren't high on the legions of gator fans that came out of the woodwork to blast anyone who doubted their guy was the greatest. Jets fans, who could have used the added support didn't care for them.

Lucky Pats fans get to inherit the nomadic Tebow fanbase. I gotta wonder how many of them feel sort of like they just won a week long date with Janet Reno.

Gotta shorten it up a bit.

Gotta shorten it up a bit.

Tebow was made #2 in 2010 before the rule change.

It isn't a given that he beat out Quinn. Apparently a paragraph on that is too long to explain why him eventually getting the job didn't neccessarily prove the he was the true "2.

I'm open to the possibility that he "might" be better than Mallet, but I'm skeptical for several reasons, and his history in the NFL of beating other players out in camp or the lack thereof doesn't leave me optimistic that he is a real NFL QB. I think he'd be better at another position. Truly, I've seen enough versatility and athleticism and willpower to think he could do so. QB is just too involved and technical, and I DO think his dyslexia makes it really tough to adjust to that sort of thing at the NFL level when he could get away with "improvising and sandlot" style in lesser leagues.

We'll see, but if I were betting money, I'd say he's not gonna cut it at QB.

What I don't get is why people think a position switch is such an insult to Tebow. It isn't. While there are more that can play TE or FB, it is STILL a very small pool of players that can do it well.

that within your attention span?

Nope, I faded.

Dunno about that one. Broncos fans weren't high on the legions of gator fans that came out of the woodwork to blast anyone who doubted their guy was the greatest. Jets fans, who could have used the added support didn't care for them.

Lucky Pats fans get to inherit the nomadic Tebow fanbase. I gotta wonder how many of them feel sort of like they just won a week long date with Janet Reno.

You mean like all 10 of the Tebow fans who signed up here? What are these legions you speak of? A legion is like 5,000 dudes. So you are talking about multiples of 5,000 people. I'd be surprised if there were more than 10 Tebow fans who signed up here.

Secondly, nobody here "blasts anyone who doubts Tebow is the greatest", as you said. The issue is with people who say he is the worst, which is totally at the opposite end of the spectrum from what you describe.

I don't know how many times I have to say, "Tebow is good... he's decent." No matter how many times I say that, some people interpret it as, "Tebow is the best ever."

Yeah, but he was elevated to #2 over Quinn in 2010. The year before the change. But now that you mention it, the co#2 thing, never made sense to me either. Always thought that was a PR move as many in Denver were up in arms when Tebow was knocked to #3 for a couple preseason games. Why call him a #3 when they no longer had to? Tebow eventually got the nod after week 5, but against the Titans, there was a play where Orton really got rocked. The cameras went to Quinn warming up, not Tebow. But Orton was able to shake it off and he was back in the game for the next drive.

When Orton played himself out of a job, many speculate had the game been on the road, it would have been Quinn who took over. But Denver was about to erupt, the crowd was chanting "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow." It was a pretty angry crowd and even I myself was finished with Orton. They weren't going anywhere, so there really was no reason NOT to go with Tebow. The staff didn't seem set on ANY of the 3 QBs. So they gave Tebow another look. After all, he was a first round pick they invested THREE picks in to trade up to get him. The season was going nowhere, so yeah, he got to play. Even I was done with Orton and wasn't impressed with Quinn and didn't care. As the season went on and the novelty of having this weird style was starting to wear off and I started to see the offense sputter and go nowhere week after week and win due to strong defensive play and some weird bounce going our way, I really didn't come away impressed with the kid. Neither was the Denver front office since they dumped all 4 QBs on the roster including the practice squad guy.

All that is beside the main point though. There really was no indication at all that Tebow had even beaten Quinn in camp. Some point ot Tebow getting the job as proof that he did, but I saw Quinn warming up when Orton took the big hit a couple games earlier while Tebow still sat on the bench with his helmet on as he always did. It was never really clear. Otherwise, by that logic, I'd have to believe McElroy was better since he got the start TWICE. (Granted one was when Tebow was injured, but I have a theory on that one too.) Even a TIE with Quinn doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence that he will come out on top against Mallet. (My opinion of Quinn as a QB is EXTREMELY low.)

Then I saw legions of fans, some of those in this thread among them try to tell me all the three and outs and all the fail I kept seeing in the first 3 quarters was actually good and didn't matter. Yeah, it didn't matter because the defense held several teams to 15 points or less, and 3 of those games STILL took OT to get enough points. Fine, if one wants to argue the win is all that matters no matter how ugly is is... fine... point. However, I have yet to see a compelling argument that this was somehow a SUSTAINABLE way to win. It isn't. The Broncos front office didn't think so either. He will improve, the Tebow fans would say. Yeah, maybe. The question becomes, "how far do you think he has to go and how long are we willing to wait?" We got our answer after the season when he was traded for a 4th rounder. A couple weeks later, the jets looked and moved him to punt protector and gave him some running play who according to one ex coach they never even practiced it. We'll see if the pats have other ideas on what they can do, but a lot has to happen before I believe he really is an NFL QB. Let's start by actually breaking the 50% mark on completing passes, as he had done only once in 16 starts.

Sure, he might be better than Mallet. but based on what I have seen, I doubt it. Depends on what all these so called "improvements he made" are and how well he did it. his throwing mechanics were only part of his problems, and I still wonder if he can stick with that under live fire. The knocks on him about reading defenses and mastering playbooks is still valid.

You seem to have a lot of passion for this subject. Like A LOT of passion for it. Lol.

Tebow was made #2 in 2010 before the rule change.

It isn't a given that he beat out Quinn. Apparently a paragraph on that is too long to explain why him eventually getting the job didn't neccessarily prove the he was the true "2.

I'm open to the possibility that he "might" be better than Mallet, but I'm skeptical for several reasons, and his history in the NFL of beating other players out in camp or the lack thereof doesn't leave me optimistic that he is a real NFL QB. I think he'd be better at another position. Truly, I've seen enough versatility and athleticism and willpower to think he could do so. QB is just too involved and technical, and I DO think his dyslexia makes it really tough to adjust to that sort of thing at the NFL level when he could get away with "improvising and sandlot" style in lesser leagues.

We'll see, but if I were betting money, I'd say he's not gonna cut it at QB.

What I don't get is why people think a position switch is such an insult to Tebow. It isn't. While there are more that can play TE or FB, it is STILL a very small pool of players that can do it well.

that within your attention span?

Wow, dude, way to derail a thread. I read the OP back when it was first posted and followed it for a few days cuz I enjoyed learning different viewpoints and possibilities for the team. The PATS team, that is; not the Broncos. So I check back today because the thread is HUGE and now I see why. Oinko is right - shorten it up. Since your main theme seems to be "Tebow sucks and so does anyone who likes him", maybe you should just say that from now on. It's a lot shorter. Of course, other people who like Tebow include BB and JMcD, but you know better than them.

As someone else said, you certainly do seem to have a passion for ...... what do you call him, the Antichrist? Step off and let the thread get back to normal.

A couple weeks later, the jets looked and moved him to punt protector and gave him some running play who according to one ex coach they never even practiced it.

I'm loving the revisionist history here. Once again, I find myself trying to decide whether you are knowingly flat out lying or if it's that you don't know what you are talking about.

Tebow wasn't brought into to compete for Sanchez's job. He was brought in to be the #2 QB, a role he filled for most the season, as well as to run the WC and any other position where he could present a threat.

Dunno about that one. Broncos fans weren't high on the legions of gator fans that came out of the woodwork to blast anyone who doubted their guy was the greatest.

show one example where someone said "he was the greatest"

thanks...now please move along....

I see the Tebow thread is still very alive and kicking still :D

And just think, a few weeks ago we all thought that was going to be the "big" story that brought undue media attention this summer. If only we could turn back the clock about 3 weeks...

The issue is with people who say he is the worst, which is totally at the opposite end of the spectrum from what you describe.

I don't know how many times I have to say, "Tebow is good... he's decent." No matter how many times I say that, some people interpret it as, "Tebow is the best ever."

It sure hasn't stopped any of you from claiming that I said he was the worst ever. I called him a bad one, but the league is full of those. I see him as no better or worse than most third stringers, and I think the Patriots have it about right with him at #3. ...IF they keep him at QB. I think he'd be great at another position and never argued otherwise. For some reason though, a lot of you seem to take that as some sort of an insult and I don't understand why. Saying he has the drive, passion, and athletic ability to succeed just about anywhere else is a COMPLIMENT. It implies some level of respect. An insult would be if I said he should be working retail.

From the way some of you guys talk about him almost single handedly saving the Broncos, and all the cherry picked stat sheets comparing him to a young John Elway, a carbon copy of Steve Youngs, etc... CLEARLY some of you have a very inflated view of the three and out master.

He's got a long way to go before he's even considered, "decent." There's a reason most teams avoided him, and it wasn't because teams filled the roster with Caleb Hanie types. If he were half as good as many of you seem to think he is, I bet SEVERAL teams would not have any qualms of pushing aside some no name scrub.

show one example where someone said "he was the greatest"

thanks...now please move along....

Oh come now... you NEVER heard some gator fan talking about "the greatest" or "one of the greatest college players of all time"...? If you read the post, I DID say legions of gator fans. there are more than 10 of you guys on the INTERNET.

If you never saw that, then either it is a case of selective amnesia, or you've lived in a cave the last 4 or 5 years... in which case, it is no wonder you think Tebow is good. You should get out more.

he was no doubt a good college player, but that roster of offensive talent he got to play with certainly helped in that regard.

Can Tebow play CB?

No, I think it's easier for players in other offensive positions to learn another role than it is for a QB. BB has been a master at that, but as a noob I don't know if he's done that with QBs before.

Where did I call him that?

That was supposed to be a joke, CC - I didn't think you'd take it literally. I'm sorry. When the other poster said you sure seemed to "have a passion for the .....", I thought it would be funny to fill in the blank with "Christ". But then I worried you would think I was serious, or that I actually think Tebow is "Christ", so I changed it. It should have read "what WOULD you call him", not "what DID you call him". Since there's a misconception that Tebow fans think he walks on water, I chose the opposite of that for an anti-fan. Sorry if the joke fell flat, which it must have since I had to explain it.

CLARIFICATION for board members: AFAIK CC has never called Tebow "the Antichrist".

Now, perhaps you can play nice too and stop stereotyping every Tebow fan here with these hordes of rabid Tebow fans allegedly overwhelming the Internet. I'm interested in the here and now, not what someone said a year ago on another forum.

Oh come now... you NEVER heard some gator fan talking about "the greatest" or "one of the greatest college players of all time"...?

What's wrong with that statement? Tebow is arguably the greatest college player of all time. I don't think anyone said he is one of the greatest NFL players of all time.

It sure hasn't stopped any of you from claiming that I said he was the worst ever. I called him a bad one, but the league is full of those.

Understatement of the century. You spend way too much time on Tebow to just think he is "bad". I'm pretty sure you said a lot more than that, but I don't have the desire to search.

Oh come now... you NEVER heard some gator fan talking about "the greatest" or "one of the greatest college players of all time"...? If you read the post, I DID say legions of gator fans. there are more than 10 of you guys on the INTERNET.

If you never saw that, then either it is a case of selective amnesia, or you've lived in a cave the last 4 or 5 years... in which case, it is no wonder you think Tebow is good. You should get out more.

he was no doubt a good college player, but that roster of offensive talent he got to play with certainly helped in that regard.

Couple of points for you sunshine. First of all, I can go out and find people who will swear that the world is flat or that the moon is made of green cheese. You don't carry on discussions and present outliers like that as the norm.

Secondly, as for the statement "one of the greatest college players of all time", it's absolutely true. Will go even further and say "one of, if not THE, greatest college QB of all time" as well. That said, most of us know that it doesn't translate to NFL success and we don't claim that it does.

This actually illustrates just how petty and pathetic your position is. Just about EVERY college football analyst out there agrees that Tebow was a phenomenal college QB, yet what do you do ? You try to downplay his accomplishments at Florida by talking about how stacked the team was. Basically trying to make it sound like Blaine Gabbert would have 2 National Championships and a Heisman to his name had he been the QB.

It's to the point where Tebow could run into a burning building and could single handedly rescue 15 people yet you would run around talking about how it was fortunate that the wind blew a certain direction and kept the fire down a bit. Or how he got lucky because a thermal inversion layer kept the smoke up off the floor, creating a breathing space that would have allowed anyone to run in and save folks.

"He was a good college player" is a perfect example of this. No sunshine, he wasn't just a "good college player", he was a great college Quarterback.

Couple of points for you sunshine. First of all, I can go out and find people who will swear that the world is flat or that the moon is made of green cheese. You don't carry on discussions and present outliers like that as the norm.

Secondly, as for the statement "one of the greatest college players of all time", it's absolutely true. Will go even further and say "one of, if not THE, greatest college QB of all time" as well. That said, most of us know that it doesn't translate to NFL success and we don't claim that it does.

This actually illustrates just how petty and pathetic your position is. Just about EVERY college football analyst out there agrees that Tebow was a phenomenal college QB, yet what do you do ? You try to downplay his accomplishments at Florida by talking about how stacked the team was. Basically trying to make it sound like Blaine Gabbert would have 2 National Championships and a Heisman to his name had he been the QB.

It's to the point where Tebow could run into a burning building and could single handedly rescue 15 people yet you would run around talking about how it was fortunate that the wind blew a certain direction and kept the fire down a bit. Or how he got lucky because a thermal inversion layer kept the smoke up off the floor, creating a breathing space that would have allowed anyone to run in and save folks.

"He was a good college player" is a perfect example of this. No sunshine, he wasn't just a "good college player", he was a great college Quarterback.

Be careful, Demo... "Sunshine" may offend people. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back