PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tanking for Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked like he was seeing ghosts. I only watch 2 games a year so I have no idea really. Maybe the QB on the other side throwing darts, getting the ball out under pressure made him look bad. Maybe it was the hippy hair?
Clemson's receivers got about as good a separation as the Patriot wideouts down the stretch. Lawrence had a poor game but it wasn't like things would have worked out even if his accuracy was solid.

Some of you are don't football very well at all & certainly don't know talent. Luck played behind some god awful OL's just about every year in Indy. Just awful. They also didn't exactly set the world on fire in the draft/FA. Absolutely bombed if you're being honest. The team was a circus. And let me guess he sux bc he lost to Bill & NEP? The Biggest outliers ever.

No Luck succeeds more often than not if he wasn't placed in one of the more dysfunctional situations in football. Guy was tough as hell & played hurt all the time. Bill would have loved him.

I'm sure he suffered in comparison to Burrows' great night. But he'd have been the #1 pick last year. He'd be the #1 pick this year. And, if he doesn't get hurt or crap the bed, he'll be the #1 pick next year.
For those of you who follow players all through this process, highschool, college and whatnot.. how good does the LSU QB look? I saw Tua and he looked ok and I watched a few others, but none of those offenses look like PRO offenses. Last night this kid was running a PRO offense to my eyes. It was so impressive. I'm not even talking about the bombs, but more so by his reads under pressure and his dissection with the intermediate throws.

A Bill Belichick led team, with or without Brady, will never go worse than 4-12, I guarantee it. If we choose to move on without Brady, some team will tank harder than we would next year and we will miss out on Trevor Lawrence.

Our best shot at a franchise QB in the next two years is either Tua, who got hurt and might slide if his medicals don't look good, or Stidham.

The 'T' word has arrived on Patsfans. :eek:

Some of you are don't football very well at all & certainly don't know talent.

This is like the WWF (or is it something like WWE now) theme music of BGC entering the ring for a debate. Lol.

He was playing against an undefeated opponent, it was his first loss as a college QB, and it was in his second title game. I don't think there's a single personnel man in football who will take it as anything more than just the wrong time to have a flat performance.

let’s not hype up the first loss nonsense like he’s not playing on a stacked team

Yeah, he was off a bit last night, but man...he has an arm, a body like Gumby, and sort of reminds me if a taller Mahomes.

let’s not hype up the first loss nonsense like he’s not playing on a stacked team

It was his first loss in college FB. Are you denying that?

For every Manning that was a #1 pick, there are a slew of less than great QBs who were.

For those of you who follow players all through this process, highschool, college and whatnot.. how good does the LSU QB look? I saw Tua and he looked ok and I watched a few others, but none of those offenses look like PRO offenses. Last night this kid was running a PRO offense to my eyes. It was so impressive. I'm not even talking about the bombs, but more so by his reads under pressure and his dissection with the intermediate throws.
Easily one of if not the best season for a college QB. He was almost perfect from start to finish. Video game numbers every week. Even in college that doesn't happen against the type of competition he face week in, week out. The jump he made from last year is just insane. No other way to put it. You can't ignore what he did. Again from start to finish.
Ultimately I think more teams would take Trevor than Joe Brady but I do believe there should be a debate.
One of Brady Burrows greatest strength is his composure in the pocket. Not just awareness and the mobility but the calm demeanor in which he always carries himself through the chaos.

He let's it happen and makes it happen. Lawrence does both as well but wants to make it happen a bit more. You see it in spurts in games but last night it was on display more than a few times.

He had the best year ever for a college QB so its almost unfair comparing anyone to him. Lawrence doesn't need defending. He's answered every question and task he can at his age. Joe just was on another level and his played obviously reflected that. I think he was a lil better going through reads, working concepts as well. Again he was so on point and older than Lawrence let's not forget.

Both are worth throwing away a season or two. Ron Rivera once said a QB is responsible for 55% of the outcome in a game. More than anyone else combined. If you don't have a QB, you have no shot at winning a SB save for a miracle season but nowadays that's less and less likely. No shot at sustained success. Next two classes look very good.

A Bill Belichick led team, with or without Brady, will never go worse than 4-12, I guarantee it. If we choose to move on without Brady, some team will tank harder than we would next year and we will miss out on Trevor Lawrence.

Our best shot at a franchise QB in the next two years is either Tua, who got hurt and might slide if his medicals don't look good, or Stidham.

Completely agree that BB will have none of that.
However from a fans perspective...isn't one terrible year worth 10-12 years of domination.

from a fans perspective...isn't one terrible year worth 10-12 years of domination.
It just doesn't work that way in football. Basketball, maybe.

Just seems like every time burrow escapes the pocket he is going to find someone down field and complete the pass

Completely agree that BB will have none of that.
However from a fans perspective...isn't one terrible year worth 10-12 years of domination.

No. The Patriots aren't the Colts.

Let's give the Bengals are next 3 first round picks and take Burrow this year ;)
Ok, this is in jest in case someone thinks I'm serious .

No. The Patriots aren't the Colts.
The Colts "aren't the Colts".... they didn't dominate with Manning and his ONE Sanders-led SB and they certainly didn't dominate in their ONE AFCCG blowout loss in the Luck era either...

Anyone wishing for "Colts type success" is saying they are happy with 25 years of being pretty good, whining (and changing) about the rules and winning once, while bragging about two "sure HoF qbs".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down