PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talib on P.Manning vs Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the poll has Brady ahead by a pretty wide margin. Surprisingly so since its a Denver site. One has to wonder what the poll would look like if it were Elway v. Brady.

Wow the pole has Brady ahead by a pretty wide margin. Surprisingly so since its a Denver site. One has to wonder what the poll would look like if it were Elway v. Brady.
Who's the better QB?
38% Peyton Manning
(2951 votes)
62% Tom Brady
(4887 votes)
7838 votes total

Perhaps our definition of nuggets differs, but I didn't find any in that article.

yeah, sorry wasn't clear. it was his not so slight jabbing statements that i find funny (nuggets) with the poll at the end in favor of brady - on a broncos site nonetheless.

Why can't these NFL players be humble? The appropriate answer would be something like:

"Tom and Peyton are both great Quarterbacks in their own right. I'm happy to say I've worked with two of the best to ever play the game."

Just seems more respectful to his former teammate.

Based on the context of how he said it, he was talking about this past year of Peyton > Brady.

"I mean, Tom is my good friend of mine, but Peyton had an awesome year. He tore it up! He like set the record for touchdowns and beat Tom in the AFC Championship. You got to give it to Peyton."

Wait, wait wait.. 'Peyton' beat 'Tom'? No, Denver beat New England. And how did that happen? Maybe the Patriots having their best cornerback standing on the sideline the whole game was the difference? Or is Talib admiting he's not good enough to have been the difference maker?

Edit: Seriously, I can't get over this statement. This moron watched the game from the sidelines and still has the gall to comment on who beat who. He sat out with an owie while the guy that played most the season with a ballon hand dragged the corpse of the Patriots on his back and tried his hardest to get all his wounded brothers to safety.

Last edited:
Aqib Talib said:
... and beat Tom in the AFC Championship. You got to give it to Peyton."

It would have helped had you played the game with us Talib..

"I mean, Tom is my good friend of mine, but Peyton had an awesome year. He tore it up! He like set the record for touchdowns and beat Tom in the AFC Championship. You got to give it to Peyton."

Wait, wait wait.. 'Peyton' beat 'Tom'? No, Denver beat New England. And how did that happen? Maybe the Patriots having their best cornerback standing on the sideline the whole game was the difference? Or is Talib admiting he's not good enough to have been the difference maker?

Edit: Seriously, I can't get over this statement. This moron watched the game from the sidelines and still has the gall to comment on who beat who. He sat out with an owie while the guy that played most the season with a ballon hand dragged the corpse of the Patriots on his back and tried his hardest to get all his wounded brothers to safety.

I've wondered before if Talib took himself out of the game to protect the "big contract" he was going to get at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Interesting, I wonder if Talib watched the Super Bowl last year...?

Manning has now lost 2 Super Bowl directly by his own play.

I have never seen Tom lose a playoff game by himself, to be fair he hasn't always played well enough to win the game, but Tommy sure as sh!t never lost the game.

Love the comment about how Manning beat Tom in the AFCCG. If only NE had their #1 CB on the field, either this year or last, to help them. Instead he watched with a bruised leg from the sideline. Might not of changed the outcome but it would have helped some.

The Forehead just had the best season EVER by a QB.....and you fault Talib for agreeing??

The Forehead just had the best season EVER by a QB.....and you fault Talib for agreeing??
Actually it was a smart answer. Not much to debate if you look at the one season.

Sorry that the Pats wanted Revis before they paid you talib

BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peytonfacesnapsafety.gif

Um, what one says to be diplomatic to the guy who is the room with you may not 100% reflect how you actually feel.

Same goes for Welker. Same goes for Collie. What these guys say two or three years after retirement is what counts. (Year 1 or so is probably spent thinking you can come back.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing