PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taking Christian Barmore was a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he was a possibility at 15.

He also predicted Vita Vea wouldn't make it in Tampa because he was too big to play in the heat and the Panthers D-Line would dominate the Pats O-Line with backup Russ Hochstein playing in the 2004 Super Bowl... Pats beat the Panthers and Tom was sacked zero times. I’ll take my chances with Sapp’s assessments.

Sapp is a f*cking idiot. Talking sh*t is his only play.

Do you think Bill has a 3-4 in mind in acquiring these LBs as well?

I certainly hope not...The 3-4 is sooo out-of-date...And besides, we don't have the personnel to run it effectively.

Sure he’s a risk. About half the first rounders don’t pan out for one reason or another. Aren’t they all risks?
According to the experts posting on this board 100% of the picks we don’t take would’ve been All Pro performers, unlike every pick we did take.

According to the experts posting on this board 100% of the picks we don’t take would’ve been All Pro performers, unlike every pick we did take.
Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Do you think Bill has a 3-4 in mind in acquiring these LBs as well?
They like to play with 5 and 6 defensive backs, it takes stout players up front to be able to pull that off. Last season Guy was the only one up to the task on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
Barmore is a classic BB 2nd round hit or miss.

So for the haters that consistently bash BB's drafting - what is the correct ratio of Hall of Famers to busts to average players from the second round of the draft? I mean how much is one Gronk worth comparatively (remember his back was "so bad he'll never play a down in the NFL")?

They like to play with 5 and 6 defensive backs, it takes stout players up front to be able to pull that off. Last season Guy was the only one to to the task on a consistent basis.
I expect that out base is 4-2-5 with Van Noy and Hightower in the middle. Judon would be one side with Winovich/Uche/Perkins on the other.

That being said, we will play lots and lots of formations. Adding Godchaux and Anderson will help in the middle. Perhaps, we could have done better, but we did improve.

I expect that out base is 4-2-5 with Van Noy and Hightower in the middle. Judon would be one side with Winovich/Uche/Perkins on the other.

That being said, we will play lots and lots of formations. Adding Godchaux and Anderson will help in the middle. Perhaps, we could have done better, but we did improve.

whatever line up we use, if we can not stop the run, it is going to be a rough year!

Ah yes, we can identify if someone is paying attention to instruction by a photograph showing their eyes facing a certain direction. The only way one can listen and pay attention is by staring directly at the person providing instruction without blinking or glancing away at all, ever, at any point. If one's eyes face a different direction, even if just for a moment, they're not paying attention and are automatically declared a bust.
Well, you know, we here at PatsFans have supernatural bust detecting abilities.

There is no 3-4 and no 4-3.

5 and 6 DBs are the norm, meaning the choices are
4-2-5
3-3-5
3-2-6
4-1-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill